I Guess We Now Know Why Every End-Game Pillar Was Timegated

Re-reading it I found the best change.

• The search field in the character list now supports searching by realm name and specialization name.

Finally, I feel like this was a huge oversight that you couldn’t already search by realm.

2 Likes

nothing like this.

2 Likes

Now if only it displayed each characters ilvl lol

Yikes. Unless I’m misreading how those nerfs and buffs stack up, it looks like beastmaster is getting transformed into something completely different than what it is now?

Oh wait, yes I did overlook an important line, so it’s not as radical as I thought, just moving the numbers around, I guess I’ll figure it out when I get there,

wow thats alot of class changes!! wholly molly

There was 1 important thing that Blizzard was ABSOLUTELY prepared for…

taking Early Access money from all the marks.

This isn’t about “min-max”, this is about picking a character and putting a massive amount of time into it.

1 Like

Jesus, those paladin changes are practically a new talent tree!

I’m a bit worried Ret will play completely different once this goes live.

2 Likes

Lol I love seeing everyone else have entire paragraphs and Warrior barely has 3 lines. I’m so glad to see nothing has changed since DF and the Warrior team is just MIA again.

By my count, that pally list of changes includes 21 “new talents”, 10 removed talents, and dozens of others modified, such as costing 2 points to 1, 1 point to 2, moving things baseline and back, and THEN they get to the balancing changes and adjustments.

That’s not balancing. That’s a complete REWORK and OVERHAUL of the talent trees. Coming mid-season? Even if it was between seasons, such a massive rework mid-expansion is mind numbing.

And it’s not just paladins, but most other classes, too.

The only logical conclusion I can draw here is that they had a management mandated launch date, they didn’t have the time and/or resources to do what they planned to do by launch, they went with what they had to launch on time (and with all the problems we are still dealing with), and they figure they’d buy themselves time to finish the job they originally intended to do, but instead of waiting until the next season, decided to do all this mid-season?

What is doing on with the development team if they think that this is a good idea or will work out well?

It really does read like an out of season April Fool’s prank.

/moo :cow:

7 Likes

I mean it’s mostly good changes, the timing is the issue.

2 Likes

Well, if it was management mandated then development had no say in the matter.

By that logic, they knew exactly what was going to happen and have just been working towards their actual ‘release candidate’ this entire time.

Don’t get me wrong, the timing sounds like it will be rough. However, I’m more concerned that I’ve been getting used to a class and spec that may feel completely and functionally different come mid-season 1.

Considering how much importance I put on the ‘fun’ of a spec when playing, I will be in a tight spot if ret pally ends up clunky and jank.

1 Like

OP always cries early season until he can farm
Mythic tier pieces. Mid season when he sets foot in keys. He will be happy when he gets the two pc. Until then it’s this.

Every season he has the same strategy.

He know very well his pug main port paladin will be less powerful early season. But he likes cooking up a storm.

Man you just know everyone, don’t you.

2 Likes

Ask OP if I am lieing.

oP is this not your start every season ?

Looks like it’s a matter of working smarter instead of harder for them, but they’ll still completely break the game regardless. :sweat_smile:

Actually, I’d love to know why they are so committed to propping up Shield of the Righteous on Retribution? I don’t even keep that ability on my bar.

???

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone with any kind of real world business experience, especially in IT and corporate culture (which GD is apparently full of…everyone is a top notch analyst, programmer, and engineer), had any doubt this expansion (like all the other past expansions) wasn’t a forced launch to hit an arbitrary date.

Still though, when I first saw those changes I was taken back. That is an absurd amount of redesigns that would even be a decent enough shock late into a beta let alone a post expansion launch and midway through a season itself.

But I guess releasing a new spec that happens to be the first in a new role midway through a competitive season isn’t that taboo of a concept to Blizzard so what’s a few itty bitty spec redesigns anyway. It probably definitely won’t have any impact on the mythic+ leaderboards…leaderboards that this wannabe hybrid mmoEsport portrays itself to be and should, in theory, consider to be the most important and sacred of ideas and what it represents to be preserved at all costs

-Classes I play aren’t being nerfed

Nice

1 Like

I really don’t know.

1 Like