I Guess We Now Know Why Every End-Game Pillar Was Timegated

No more machine gun exterminates as a dk, sad times. This are more like new season patch notes, lets no go crazy with it. We had plenty of reworks mid expansion in Dragonflight, it is quite a lot sooner than normal to be announcing them thought.

1 Like

No i get that, but these are big big class changes for some.

1 Like

Good grief, Beta part Deux?

Only looked at Boomkin so far…

1 Like

There’s always class balancing and maybe 1 class that gets a rework because of extreme under performance. This is revamping nearly every class before we even know how they perform in end-game content.

1 Like

Literally going to have to relearn how to play Elemental after just learning a new rotation with the old new talents and hero trees.

I’m not mad about it (yet, we’ll see how it plays first), but man.

2 Likes

Even the total overhaul Enhancement got in Shadowlands wasn’t this intensive. Though, to your point, I suppose that is partially because we’re dealing with talent trees, now, rather than flat class progression.

My first impressions are positive, but yeah it’s gonna be yet another learning curve.

1 Like

Glad they are not really touching resto shaman. I really like how the play and feel in pvp so far.

1 Like

They are not revamping every class most of the changes are not at the same level of the reworks we saw mid Dragonflight. Warrior,warlock, dk, dh, evoker and priest are minor changes that dont change at all the way the spec play.

1 Like

So more than half of the classes are and again emphasizing before we even know how they will perform in end-game.

2 Likes

I’m also optimistic because I saw the rework Retribution got in DF and I wanted that, I only wish they’d have done it with launch. But beggars can’t be choosers.

1 Like

And I opened it with my phone. My finger hurts.

3 Likes

From what I see is a Boomkin, hunter, paladin and shaman “rework”. With some major changes to arcane mages, rogues and mistweaver monk. Is not all specs or most of them that are getting a rework.

1 Like

I think you’re getting hung up on the details and semantics. I don’t care when there’s reworks, revamps, balancing mid expansion. Those usually occur in between seasons and pre-patch events. The gripe here is that changes like we are seeing are happening before we even know how classes are going to perform in season 1 and more importantly, during season 1.

4 Likes

being time gated because this is a mini expansion that will be a smaller expansion than even WoD or SL is, this is a 3 part saga, hopefully we won’t being paying $70 for tiny expansions once a year for 3 years straight

2 Likes

I mean there was plenty of testing done on the ptr and 2 weeks of preseason is still a lot of data. The changes are also not final, we have +2 months before they go live and they will adjust them accordingly.

You could already see some of the problems, like dk relying on rng to get back to back to back exterminates, while it is fun it was too much rng, sometimes you get 3-4 in a row and sometimes you get 0.

1 Like

Plenty of testing? They barely tested changes made during PTR and actual beta. People were very vocal about it being rushed.

Which would still hit mid-season with major changes.

Which circles back to things not being tested and changed during actual beta and the game being rushed to launch.

3 Likes

Is there a problem with that?

1 Like

Okay you must be trolling, done responding to you.

4 Likes

Meh, looks like a quality of life update to me.

1 Like

Oh there’s the enhancement rework we’d been asking about! Must have fallen down the back of the couch.

2 Likes