I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

Good stuff, man. Good stuff.

What I’ve learned is to ask what dungeon was being run

Cuz my brain just full on auto completed which one was being done cuz the instructions were so bad for the right one lmao

They’re fine instructions, just very very bad for that fight

Back can mean a number of things actually.

Back of the boss
Back of the group
Back of the room

I would have said “group up with the other dps behind the tank when the boss does X”

I wouldn’t bother, they’ll just say it isn’t their place to help you.

1 Like

Or just run the dungeons on Heroic first? Dawn of the Infinite does have a heroic version now or even just the mythic 0 version. Mechanics are the same.

When I did pug, 99% of them were. I always got the worst groups. And even when my guild would invite one pug to our run, they’d always ruin it and get toxic.

So my experience has been terrible.

1 Like

I ran close to 16 M+ last week and didn’t have a single toxic run, keys 14-18.

Always sad to see someone have to resort to coping mechanisms.

I’ve already said I don’t run high keys and OP wasn’t either.

One of the dumbest takes I’ve ever seen anyone have on the forums over a +4

1 Like

You said PUGs were toxic, so is it just low keys or all keys?

As long as the mechanics are the same, I dont see a problem although I do think a scaling difficulty slider would be useful. Lets be honest, if youre tanking a heroic in 440 gear as a blood DK, you arent going to notice most of the mechanics.

Those are generally all the same thing. The opposite side of the tank.

I don’t know if you know this, but people don’t generally stop and type out instructions in the middle of a boss fight.

As has been mentioned already, you should have watched some YouTube videos on the dungeon ahead of time if you’re doing M+.

Having the gyst of the fight in the back of your mind when going in goes a long way.

Should you have gotten yelled at? No. People shouldn’t treat others like that over a video game. But there’s a lot to be said for preparation on your end.

2 Likes

True but looking at the OP’s achievements for Dungeons/Raids he seems like a fairly new player. I would think running easier content first would be the thing to do.

Doesn’t matter in the end I guess. People die on bosses all the time it’s not the end of the world.

People take this game way too damn seriously.

Whatever happened to playing for fun?

Do people seriously refuse to help people at all these days? He said he was new…

5 Likes

For the most part, when doing lower keys, i expect people to not know some mechanics. The bosses still die and the key gets timed.

1 Like

Pretty likely to still +3 it too

1 Like

Right. So maybe he should be doing the normal and heroic version first before ruining someone’s key. =/

1 Like

Ruin is a strong word for this situation :rofl:

2 Likes

Hyperbole is the language of GD, I guess.

1 Like