I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

I said I didn’t know the fight, and he yelled randomly SOAK AT THE BACK.

I asked, what??

And the fight started and I randomly got one shot lol.

I don’t know all the lingo.

What does soak mean? Stand in the way of an attack?

Also “the back” is a terrible description for a big boss room lol.

16 Likes

At the back usually means behind the group…

Pretty self explanatory… Lol

32 Likes

You should not go into m+ with no knowledge. You were expecting to be carried and that is just unacceptable.

YouTube is full of vid’s that teach you the dungeons. Watch them first.

Someone took a chance on you when they invited you and you screwed them over.

80 Likes

Should probably know m+ mechanics before joining

Really not hard to google stuff

31 Likes

What dungeon / boss?

My guess is FALL 1st boss maybe.
Or maybe last boss of FALL.

4 Likes

Know the mechanics before joining a group to learn the mechanics?

It was a +4.

Ive done a bunch of +6s - 9s already.

If youre teaching someone, use simple language.

If Im teaching someone to do a layup in basketball, Ill speak in simple terms. Im not going to say “hit the double bounce and shuffle shoop until you hear the swoosh”.

51 Likes

Your key was Fall, yes? So there are two places to stand in. One small circle in the front (closer to the boss) that the tank stands in. Then a larger circle dps stand “soak” behind that other circle, I guess that is where “in the back” came from. Also, somewhat relevant, after that phase, run out of the breath the dragon will do, with the group - most groups go to the left.

8 Likes

Yess last boss in Fall.

Funnily enough I was top dps the entire time and didn’t die until that point.

1 Like

Soak in back

That’s about as basic as it gets

Soak = stand in something
Back = not the front

39 Likes

This dude is doing +4s and everyone is going nuts on him for not knowing a mechanic lol.

Geez guys, lighten up.

Soak can mean a number of things. Sometimes there’s a puddle that you need to stand in (to reduce the size), or a circle that requires multiple people (to split the damage). And sometimes, like in Blackrook Hold, you stand in-between a person and the boss to “soak” the charge damage so they are not 1shot by it.

79 Likes

Someone shouldn’t have to teach you the mechanics

Plus “soak in back” is the most straight forward sentence

There is an ability to soak, and it is in the back

13 Likes

soak circles are pretty clearly defined nowadays.

5 Likes

Ah so with that context.

The last boss does a “soak” mechanic where the tank has a small soak in front and the group has a large soak in the back.

My guess is you were standing in the front soak with the tank and got obliterated.

You were supposed to be in the soak behind the tank. So “soak in back” makes perfect sense.

Small soak in front - tank only
Big soak behind that one - the rest of group

14 Likes

Ive got to say, most of the responses are exactly why new players say M+ people are toxic.

80 Likes

Agree. Everyone with slamming the OP are exactly what people mean when they go “wow community is trash “

71 Likes

So where was the part where you “got yelled at”? You said you didn’t know the fight, they told you what to do. You not understanding the explanation isn’t really their fault.

8 Likes

All the same people saying you should know what to do are the first ones crying about how WoW is socially dead. Takes 3 secs to tell people that ask a question an answer.

Big circle stand on mochi. Everyone stand on mochi after. Tank will be in small circle by their self. Avoid stuff on floor. Go left during cleave. Stand in mochi bubble when she goes near boss later.

12 Likes

Stand in circle so it doesn’t blow up and kill the group.

?

1 Like

Or, perhaps they ment that boss looked dirty, and needed thier back washed. It’s hard for some to get their back’s, so “SOAK AT THE BACK” really ment go help the boss with putting soap on their back.

10 Likes

I type in caps during fights so people see it better. Doesn’t mean they’re yelling.

3 Likes