I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

I’m just curious- did you end up timing the key, or no?

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense. I mean what if you don’t have any? lol I don’t. I’ve tried guilds and everything else, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. The community keeps saying socialize and 80% of the time people are mute. On days I feel brave enough to do a dungeon I try to read all that gobbledygook, lol, soak it in, ask any questions before we start. Inform them I’m sort of new - about 20% of the time people respond. I’ve seen others ask a question and get ignored. I hate to evoke FF14, but man, I gained so much confidence there because players took time to help. Confidence got me to being one of the best players. in WoW I’m mediocre at best.

Everyone says don’t blame the group. I agree, mostly, but would it kill anyone to type a few words. If it’s the whole darn dungeon - well, yeah, the guy has a problem. And it’s true, if it was me I would have chalked it up to a learning experience and not said anything.

1 Like

Making a personal inflammatory attack against the op is childish.

7 Likes

Pretty much the only excuse I’d need for someone to underperform if it were my group. 100% of the time I shrug that off. And explain the mechanic better than “soak at back” because we’re easily timing it, and I have plenty of time to say “stand in the bigger circle with the rest of the group when two circles come up”

1 Like

I couldn’t tell you, I’m not OP! But at the end of the day, it’s just a game, and I generally think we as a community should err on the side of forgiveness since we’re all just here to have fun.

Sohsuh#1131

Add me up!

I see a lot of professionals in here who can help me out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You know what, I will.

2 Likes

Because it’s what my guild does. We don’t run every week due to life. They aren’t doing it to push anything. Highest they usually go is 10 if it’s a week they have time to do more.

But we aren’t in it to push keys. We’re in it to hang out with each other.

It still doesn’t negate the point that pugs aren’t going to teach anyone anything most oft the time, because people are usually pushing those keys up to get higher in pugs as fast as possible and don’t care about others in the group.

If people want to learn in an environment that facilitates learning, you go with people you know. You don’t pug. Pugs aren’t positive experiences all of the time.

See, this is the kind of thing I like to see. Playing WoW solo in endgame can suck sometimes, and it’s nice to make friends.

1 Like

Wait was it galakronds or murozond wing

It’s a pretty random jargon for sure, not coherent.

There’s many backs in a fight. Sorry we don’t all live rent free in your head, take an extra second and elaborate better.

4 Likes

Soak is a term the game has been using for eons at this point. At the back is just plain english that should cause you to be observing the opposite side the boss is on or the opposite side of the room you entered.

I can understand if youre new to WoW not knowing what soak specifically meant though. Dungeon journal is good at explaining what happens with specific mechanics if you don’t handle them properly though.

It’s up to you if you want to be a chad gamer who goes into a dungeon with all the knowledge or be a casual andy who wants to learn as you play; neither are inherently wrong, but if you pug content you will run into people who differ from your perspective and if you are on the casual end you will piss them off. IMO you’re better off being the latter in a friend setting than a pug.

That, uh, saying doesn’t mean what you think it means. Like I know what you meant to say, but it’s a terrible use of the phrase.

It’s not about underperforming, it’s about “not performing” at all, he didn’t know about the mechanics. Again, I really can’t find an excuse for not going to wowhead, or even the in game guide, and taking 20 seconds to read about the mechanics

1 Like

Thank you for answering the question.

Oh, stow it. That’s got to be the dumbest thing I’ve read in two days, and I spent way too long in the heterosexual megathread.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely add when I get home!

I tank purely for fun up to like a +13.

Once you get enough knowledge to go higher, I can introduce you to a more hardcore crowd. They’ll expect you to be good at that point though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Soak is a term to absorb swirls. Not Eons as it was something introduced during WoD. Instead typing a big wall, use your head here. Why anyone would make a rogue “soak”? How about you stop trying to deform a term because you’re lazy at typing once logged on the game?

OP was it the Galakrond wing or the Murozond wing

Cuz soak in back could have been the worst answer possible for the Galakrond one

1 Like

You’re a funny guy.

It was Fall.

Whichever one that is lol.

The big dragon who doesnt seem to take any damage.

You stand in a bubble at one point and heal Chromie?