I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

Ok, he did communicate and I apologize, but still no excuse for going to a +4, which is on a timer, and not, at least, reading about the mechanics

1 Like

M+ isn’t the place to learn the dungeon. And not while risking someone else’s key

Learn it on your own key.

1 Like

Soak is a group stacking mechanism that has several people stand in a “soak circle” (not to be confused with a damage telegraphed circle.

In the back normally is relative to the entrance or behind the boss.

We wouldnt have reached the boss without my dps.

I had died the least up until that point.

1 Like

Gotta learn somewhere. Not learning in heroics. No one does M0 because they don’t give vault options.

M2-5 have plenty of leeway for learning mechanics and how M+ works.

6 Likes

In a +4? I’m pretty sure my BM Hunter could solo a +4.

Mechanics > DPS

4 Likes

Pathetic and selfish mindset.

6 Likes

And he can’t use his own key why? You seem to be skirting around this point. He’s risking someone else’s time and key with his laziness and selfishness.

3 Likes

Don’t let those toxic people get you down.

I’ll play with you dude. I like helping people.

3 Likes

No, it’s common courtesy to know the dungeon before you join someone else’s key. Use your own key. Not sure why this is difficult?

3 Likes

The wild egos on some people lmao

“No, it’s your job to teach me how to play, I’m far too important to ever look anything up and you’re the bad guy if I don’t understand the explanation”

4 Likes

lol…omg.
Some chump in a BG tells me to guard a point and keep it clear.
So I did.
Im thinking if he knows something I dont, great. Another mark for me to buy a set with lol.
Well, it blew up and now the idiot is screaming in chat asking why Im not THERE where he is saving his sorry carcass.
Thankfully everyone SAW him ask me to guard that spot and so they chewed him out in very colorful manner, lol.

dude didnt have a clue.

1 Like

OP isn’t toxic. You are.

But OP should run with friends before pugging dungeons they don’t know.

I dont have anyone to play with

1 Like

Luckily you have your own key.

I’ll add you and tank. Drop the B-tag. I have lots of friends that run keys and we sit in disc just chillin and laughing at mistakes we make.

2 Likes

Try WoW Made Easy. I’ve heard there are groups there for chill learning.

But never walk into a pug with no idea how the fights work.

1 Like

Why are you running 4s?

Crud’s got a point, 4s are kind of a joke. A full group with the catchup Dream gear can ez them.

I mean, if you just don’t wanna do higher, that’s cool, but the content shouldn’t be giving people trouble in the majority of circumstances.

1 Like

I think no excuse is a little harsh. I agree you should know the mechanics for a fight but we should give new players/people who don’t know the fights perfectly a little bit of leeway.

I think mechanics should be more important in lower tier dungeons for this exact reason. As it is you can run through a normal and even heroic and M0 on autopilot and not learn anything from them.

2 Likes

Then what is his excuse for going to someone else’s +4 without, at least, reading about the mechanics?

3 Likes