I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

I did not skip the learning phase.

1 Like

Someone shouldn’t have to teach you? But go watch a YouTube video where someone can teach you? It’s a +4 key. It takes seconds to just say “Stand in the big circle behind tank” right before the fight to keep it simple and concise for most people. Most dungeon mechanics aren’t complicated and can be learned on the fly. Especially with how easy low keys are this season. +8 and up you should know the mechanics though.

Also I don’t know why OP is coming on the forums to post about this. Waste of time when he could’ve just googled it really quick after the encounter, move on, and know how to do it correctly next time.

He very obviously did? He failed it once and said he knows what to do now.

Not remotely close to my logic, and you know it. I’m getting sick of your disingenuous method of discussing anything.

The worst part is that there is common ground between us, you’re just such a waste of space it’s not worth meeting there.

So hypothetically, when the OP ran RLP with me on heroic to “learn the dungeon” and got my 3 pulls, by your standards… he’s ready for that +4 then? After all… he did what the game required of him to “learn the dungeon” right? He did the ‘steps’ that the game put in place for him.

Heck, let’s even add to it. He also ran with me afterwards through +0 and I gave him the same 3 pull experience. Is he ready then?

I just read stuff on Method’s site or Mythictrap and go toss myself into the fire.

I only go in blind if someone springs an activity on me.

1 Like

Um, no. You learn by your failures. Your success could be lucky guesses and you’d never know that until you FAIL.

I hope you know I was being sarcastic.

In reality, a +4 is too low of a key to actually learn about the key. 10-13 seems like a good sweet-spot for learning because stuff actually does damage. In a +4 you can stand in a bad puddle the whole fight and it’s not a big deal

The person didn’t specify at the back of what. The back of the room, the back of the boss, the back of a leprotic they share the basement with? I would be confused by their statement too. If you don’t give context don’t expect the other person to know what you are saying.

I go blind all the time :rofl: I think the difference is I have enough experience under my belt that most mechanics are same-y now. You can pretty much tell what it is by what type of circle it is.

“Soak in back is super clear” like no it isn’t like would be if they added to more word being of and then the thing you have to stand a the back of. Also ignore all the people having a go at you for learning in low keys clearly don’t understand some people struggle to learn things by reading or watching and need to do it themselves to learn.

No way, someone here told me I was full of it for saying that!

I wind up blinding quite a bit because of how I play, but particularly if I’m planning to go hard I look some stuff up. Raid is what I use it for the most, though.

Nope. Just once you get into the content that can jeopardize someone’s progression. There’s no harm in learning in m0 which is what the majority of people suggested he do.

So you knew about the mechanic and arrogantly chose to ignore it then? Well that clears up a lot.

Because of the forums. Not from experiencing it in game…multiple times. Please keep up

You’re claiming the OP is a new player even though they’ve been playing for 3+ years now. And your reasoning is because they only have 3+ years of M+ experience.

So what’s that say about me with 10+ years of experience stepping into a raid for the first time? By your standards, that makes me a new player because it’s “newish content” for me.

You missed the Mythic dungeon part. But sure. Most trash is negligible. And even with 3 pulls, the bosses go through their mechanics and they can still be witnessed and learned. Even with being able to solo it, you don’t have the DPS to drop a boss before he does a round of mechanics.

Didn’t scroll down far enough to see this part lol. But I just explained it. Yes.

I like going blind at the start since it’s fun working things out. But I honestly only do it on friend groups. I would never do it in pugs.

Saying that it’s funny to see if people actually know the mechanics. 1st week I told my healer in DHT to “stack” on melee when she has growing paranoia. Some words that can’t be repeated here might have been said :rofl:

What has caused you to act like this on a video game forum?

I am genuinly curious.

1 Like

On second thought, I just need to stop replying to you. You need a hobby. If you need someone to carry you, you know where to find my Btag, Ack.

2 Likes

I just like uncovering the truth is all :slight_smile: again, from a many a sample point, threads that pop up that are like yours are very very one sided, and also very very inaccurate.

Normally when something assaults your senses so bad, you can trust your gut.

My experience will claim otherwise. I’m not the one in here complaining about the difficulty of content or needing things explained to me.

You didnt uncover any truths at all.

You just made assumptions.

I need moar butters for me :popcorn:

That were proven true with your own admittance.

You werent new to the dungeon. You had done it at least 3 times prior

You fully understood the term soak youre just…looking for sympathy points on a forum i guess (did you get the validation you were looking for?

You had seen the mechanic prior you just chose to tunnel the boss and ignore it

You werent the top DPS

I can keep going

1 Like