I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

I don’t raid anymore (other than LFR) and I have been really bad sometimes at getting out of stuff and have died more times than I care to count. I have gotten better at staying out of stuff. Even I know when you get targeted with something that could damage/kill the entire raid group you run as far back behind the group as possible to drop it.

Damn, I thought I was pedantic, but you guys will argue over anything!

youre a rogue and u dont already have it? lmao i got it pugged in less than a week

It usually means there is someplace on the floor where you need to stand and “soak” something before it blows up on the group. Kind of like a sponge. It can be a puddle, a falling orb, something like that.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/crudlord/achievements/feats-of-strength/promotions

Shadowlands.

If I join a dungeon and someone says the phrase “soak at the back,” I am dropping group.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha no doubt

“Soak at the back” is something dudes doing in the gym locker room. Sometimes you can’t reach, you know? It’s okay to ask for help.

idk… its prob fine to go in “blind” in M+ so long as you know where the level to power scale is… that is to say, do it at a key level that can be easily timed with multiple mistakes.

+2-12 is prob low enough if the average group gear is at least around 440

its almost impossible to get practice in on the dungeons in the “normal” way because the entire rotation is new.

1 Like

I don’t like to be negative, but you are insufferable.

2 Likes

You’ve got explorer. Half way there.

Shadowlands wasn’t released until November of 2020. In order to get WoWs 15th anniversary achievement, you had to log in during november of 2019 to January of 2020).

I’m going to assume his Rogue was created in Shadowlands

1 Like

You’re being charitable by saying that

It’s truly pure garbage.

Mythic plus are timed, keys can be depleted, should learn the basics from heroic and mythic zero first.

Now now, common sense and logic make you insufferable

His first level 20 was one month before Shadowlands’ full release, chief.
Caveat, this might be per character? So maybe he joined late BfA, but this splitting of hairs is getting exhausting, so settle for: it’s very evident to anyone not trying to argue about it that he’s new to the standard gameplay loop of WoW.

Anyone can log in for free at level 1 for anniversaries. That’s not playing WoW, that’s getting fooled by Blizzard’s marketing.

No, playing inspector gadget on everyone’s profile makes you insufferable

No, being aggressive, rude, committed to arguing and constantly casting aspersions on anyone you disagree with makes you insufferable.

That’s a horrible way to play a game.

We seriously need to reexamine the meaning of the phrase if this is now what “screwed over” is.

1 Like