I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

You claim to not be clueless then claim “soak” is some mysterious lingo roflma

Troll

Please watch some guides if you’re going into keys where you’ll get one shot.

He’s new to the game, which you can easily confirm by looking at his profile.

sigh here let’s just finish this discussion

1 Like

I disagree. This person is talking about a low key. Saying a low key doesn’t get timed causes someone to have their day get ruined seems like quite a dramatic reaction.

Any game that requires reading guides/watching videos before playing is poorly designed. A tutorial? sure.

1 Like

And based off of his history with his characters, he knows exactly what it meant. Thus, disingenuous (i was referring to OP, not you btw)

So you fully understood what soak meant you just didn’t pay attention to the mechanic. Thanks for clearing that up.

And this person caught onto it right away

He’s not. You can confirm easily by looking at player history and his own admittance

That’s called Heroic → Mythic. It’s designed well enough to teach you in steps. Choosing to ignorantly or arrogantly (arrogant by his own words) skip the learning stages is not a design fault

For what it’s worth… I played steadily from launch up until the start of Shadowlands where I fell off of the game for about 2 years. I just came back a couple of weeks ago and encountered my first instructions to “SOAK!” in LFR last night, as my first time on the raid… I had never heard the term before, but it became pretty clear. However if someone told me to “SOAK IN BACK” I wouldn’t know where that meant in a split second for a mechanic that I’d never seen before.

I do read in the journal about the mechanics of each boss in a place before I go, but reading it and experiencing it are two different things. I feel for the person being confused, and for the people expecting experienced players all the time.

TL;DR - Soak is “relatively” new, at least to me.

1 Like

Dude has 38 battle pets.

I actively avoid collecting them and I dwarf that.

Whats even more amusing is you forum karens creeping his profile to determine his "experience "

General Forums lol

2 Likes

My brother in christ it’s a maximum effort of clicking 5 times.

1 Like

Ohhh ok so you think a mythic+ dungeon is hard regardless of key level.

So, your argument is that a mythic key level 4 is a hard run, since that is the run the OP is talking about. I disagree. I think that is an easy key, but that is a matter of my opinion vs yours.

But to be clear, I think a mythic 4 is a “learning” dungeon. If we were talking about a 15 or 20 I would agree that they should have more knowledge

1 Like

Yep me too.

They assume everyone talks like them.

1 Like

My daughter in satan, you need to get off the podium lol

Never. I’m heard best from my high horse.

Ill be reviving this thread when I inevitably get KSM this season.

1 Like

Neato - he’s also got achievements from WoWs 15th and 16th anniversaries. He’s got DF season 2 achievements/keys, Shadowlands achievements, etc etc.

There’s a difference between new and slow to learn

This is a major strawman. Name anywhere i mentioned difficulty at all in that post.

What you think doesn’t change the games design. It’s broken into tiers to teach you the mechanics of the game. And I fear that putting all the mechanics into every boss at a heroic level and just tuning for damage would be too overwhelming for too many players to grasp.

So step by step is how it was designed.

I thought you said your daughter IS satan. And I was gonna be like “yup, it’s on the forums, it’s their story, we cannot deny or tell them they’re wrong” lol

can be bought lol

Shadowlands is when he started, quite clearly. That’s new.

this right here these crybabies think they should get to do all the content with no effort. you’re the meany head because I joined your key and wasted your time because i have no idea what I’m doing lmao

Deaths happen, if the OP was actually “yelled at” for making a mistake once a boss I would be more concerned for the person doing the yelling.

BFA.

I wouldn’t say someone that’s been playing for 3-4 years is “new”