I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

What isn’t simple about “soak at the back”.

The OP seems like you’re after some sort of validation and if you’ve done +6-9s then I’m sure your familiar with the “lingo”.

1 Like

You do realize the game is broken into tiers right? Each tier prepares you for the next.

M0 offers 437 gear. Which is meant to set you up for m2-…whatever the keystone rank is before the next ilvl bump.

Like LFR gear sets you up for Heroic. Heroic sets you up for Mythic.

Hes below normal dungeon gear and doing content thats about 3 tiers above his ilvl.

Which holds up for all of one patch of an expansion.

And right now were in this current patch where 437 is the ilvl he should be at for tackling m2+

So hes clearly doing content above his ilvl

Skill > ilvl

437 is well beyond what’s needed for M2.

Yeah if u are new this late on the xpac just avoid mythic+s. Retail players wont take the time to explain things and just want their purple pixels and as you can tell they use the general answer of google it alot.

Retail community is so awesome.

Depends on skill level

Whether you think it is or not, the game is designed the way it is.

What you think is adequate will differ wildly from what the OP thinks. So whos right in that scenario? Its subjective based on your own personal skill

What’s objective is how the game is designed. And its designed saying 437 is entry level for 2s

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

…no, not really.

437 is very overgeared, stats-wise (reworded for clarity), for M2

1 Like

Until you get people who are bad at the game.

Again, what you think is overgeared is relative based on your skill and familiarity with the game.

Give the OP myhtic raid gear and tell him to go complete Heroic level raid.

Statistically…hes well over geared for it. Doesnt mean hes skilled enough to do it

No.

I think you’re under the impression that the skill floor in WoW is much lower than it actually is.

I did great in LFR

What they said to him was not an explanation. Repeating a gibberish phrase does not clarify it.

1 Like

Exactly.

Soak in the back is something you say to an unwashed guest before you hang out with them.

1 Like

Yes, otherwise the game would have been designed with much smaller increments

If I thought that, i’d be saying that 437 is overkill for an m2 (which i will go on record and say it is). I’m under the impression that the PLAYER skill floor is much lower than you give it credit for.

Overall, the average player in WoW is not that great.
Overall, the mechanics in WoW are not that hard either. It’s more timing based than anything.

The one thing I do enjoy about m+ is how it scales to unbeatable levels.
The biggest folly in raids is having so many other people you have to depend on to do their part. You could be #1 in the world, but if everyone else fails their end, you fail too.

When the mechanic activates, it’s very clear what front and back is. Especially since Iridikron is pretty much up against a wall to start with.

I was hitting him in the butt.

I would never think to go to the front of a boss.

Soak at the back is the worst explanation if you mean the front of the boss.

…what?

Does this mean you’re finally done, then?

Look, man. The ‘instruction’ the tank gave wasn’t good, OP made a mistake, and the run wasn’t timed because of multiple mistakes, likely across the board.

OP hasn’t kicked your dog. The tank’s probably bing chilling, enjoying the game. This post was venting at worst, blogging at best.

This game isn’t hard. If I know you, or you have a good linked io, I’ll take you at 394 ilvl. If you’re a nobody, you’re getting skipped.

That’s genuinely all there is to this, and I’ve spent way too much time back and forthing over it. If you want to add me and play, I put my Btag up above for anyone to see.

:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Step 1A: Do dungeon on lowest level possible to learn mechanics, and make an effort to do them properly, even at the cost of DPS/healing or w/e.

OR

Step 1B: Go to YouTube and watch a guide on a dungeon, then specifically queue for that dungeon on a manageable level to execute the mechanics you’ve just learned.

Step 2: Once you’re comfortable progress to higher keys, rinse and repeat Step 1 on all dungeons and build up some M+ score.

Step 3: PROFIT.

It’s your fault going into a competitive game mode with a seasonal score and screwing up so bad. If you really do not know what to do at least ask someone, or even let the group know before the run starts that you’re clueless and need help. Then they can decide to remove you or not. 10/10 you deserved it.

Nope. When you’ve got a central soak and a distanced soak. Back is obvious which one it is. Regardless of which way the boss is facing.

Probably not lol

Step 4: don’t feign ignorance when called out

I didnt screw up bad but thanks.

One wipe compared to like 7 from the others lol.

Youre crazy.