I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

Then you didn’t pay attention to the other times you were in this dungeon on a key 4+ either.

Which he doesn’t lose out on for spending 20 minutes doing the catchup.

How does this affect other people???

I agree with that. I think that the OP bears responsibility by not asking before hand or otherwise learning the mechanics.

I also don’t fault the other player for just saying “soak in the back” while the fight is going on, for the reasons you describe. It’s probably the best message he could get out in that situation.

The most-wrong people are the posters here that are flaming the OP for not understanding what “soak in the back” means in the middle of an encounter, or are pretending that this provides sufficient info. There’s no way they honestly believe what they are saying.

1 Like

It shouldn’t, because people shouldn’t really be blindly accepting this ilvl into a pug.

But it does, because new players and ignorant people exist.

yea not sure. I think the tank is ok. He’s only doing low level content as it seems he can hold his own. He seems to start tanking only 3 weeks ago but seeing his achievements he has M+ experience (dunno if it’s a carry) but he has KSM for season 2. atleast 1500IO on season 1 and SL season 4.

The tank wasnt bad at all.

His aggro wasnt that good but he knew what he was doing.

I think he’s a DPS player, but I’m not really here to rag on the tank. The point is that he’s pugging into groups, doing a bad job of tanking, but GD still puts up their “the tank can do no wrong” signs when someone blogposts about a bad experience.

Which, to be clear, is only relevant because Ackhealme has some sort of white knight complex for the tank he’s never met.

When you have two visuals that pop up. One by the tank and the other by ranged dps and everyone runs to one or the other, “the back” becomes pretty evident though. It is sufficient info

When someone says stand behind the boss, you dont ask where the back suddenly is when the tank rotates the boss 90 degrees

What does any of this have to do with the tanks ilvl?

Reading is hard.

if only rogue have ability to redirect aggro back to the tank :wink: You are 40ilvl above the tank afterall

Yea I just laugh at that mentality. I main a tank and I know for a fact I screw up alot :rofl: I just blame the healer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I can’t help but laugh because if OP said the tank was from Ragnaros, none of this discussion would have taken place.

I used tricks the whole time.

It’s not enough when they are so low or are newer to tanking.

OP said hes not
OP failing to do his own mechanic is not a reflection of the tanks skills

Your comprehension is lacking. Ilvl is regardless in any and all of this when skill trumps gear.

Which he had no problems tanking other dungeons, so hes not wasting other peoples time by skipping the story line on an alt

1 Like

If his skill were trumping his gear, he’d be that ilvl because he just got done leveling that toon.

That toon had rating for season 2, also low keys, with the same middling performance on time as he has this season.

Which, again, is fine. But you are full of fecal matter.

1 Like

He’s on an alt lol

didnt OP say they asked ‘what?’ and then the fight started and OP died to the one shot in the attempt. it reads like they asked before the fight and tank said soak at back as he was about to pull

The fact you cant see how backwards this is, is kind of alarming.

When you have skill, you can do things above your ilvl…you know those people who are pushing 26 keys? Wheres their gear to match their skill?

Yes i did but they make up their own version lol

But he isn’t? He’s doing things at his item level. Debatably very slightly above.

Go ahead. I’m waiting for you to explain how it’s backwards.