I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

It is useful for many data entry positions.

At least now Ill never wipe to that again lol.

Hopefully.

1 Like
  1. Really? In what way?
  2. Do these jobs even exist anymore? :sweat_smile:

Fall last boss.

I wouldn’t consider the other parts of that fight as soaks per-say.

-The big circle going to chromie.
-Or when everyone has to hide with chromie.

Those would be more of a “find shelter” mechanic.

Legal data entry for sure still has some requirements for things to be in all caps for clarity/consistency across documents, but that’s basically the way. Sometimes a document calls for sections in capital letters, and it’s better for your hands if you don’t have to hold shift at the time.

Y’all need to learn before you run into m+ and expect everything to be flawless.

Even at the 18-20 level just farming crests this week I’ve seen an ungodly number of people get eaten by Rezan, which has to be by far one of the easiest mechanics to avoid in the entire game. Had another healer who just refused to dispel on the golden claws boss there too because they just had no idea.

People like that just make others want to leave the key lmao

1 Like

Just remember, the forum does not accurately represent WoW’s community at large.

2 Likes

Using caps is like yelling in an argument.

If you stop yelling then it means you lost.

Are you even qualified to make these assumptions?

What are your credentials? I’m also gonna need to run your credit history to make sure you’re a responsible adult :joy:

^ that’s you rn :joy:

I honestly dont think anyone is really bad here.

People just have their own views on the way the game should be played.

Myself, I dont think low keys are a bad place to learn.

Ive had a few groups with new healers who werent good at all and we failed our key, and its just something that happens.

Ironically the better you get / higher you push the more frequent failing keys will become, if you’re really pushing. Different situations, but it’s funny to think about.

1 Like

What an extreme reaction. IF you’re going into something that has the chance to penalize another person b/c you dont know what you’re doing…then yes, i do expect you to watch a video. For a +4? meh…but still, the principle is the same. And as far as the OP’s original post goes, not sure how much more simple soak in the back could be said.

I died before because I’m typing instruction only to find I type everything on caps so delete the msg and retype again while fumbling on my caps key :rofl:

1 Like

For that specific fight it’s a dogwater explanation.

1 Like

So you’re just not doing mechanics. Got it.

I’m not making assumptions though

Then use your own keys and say as much. Not being rude, but it’ll go a long ways

Expecting a new MMORPG player that doesn’t even know what soak means to watch videos on everything is pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

If you go too close to the waterfall Rezan will snap you and eat you. I learned that the hard way.

You’re either being disingenuous or showing how little experience you actually have to speak from, here. Blowing through mechanics in low keys is common.

Still waiting on a response about those soak circles, by the way. Did you not know Blizzard had started to standardize mechanic appearances, particularly with their circles?

Ikr, he asked for a ton of proof earlier for his critique.

I think it’s fair that he returns the favor so we can see just how much his “expert” opinion is actually worth.

Trying to learn dungeon mechanics during a timed key let alone basics is just throwing the team at that point.

Get yelled at more or learn mechanics outside of timed runs I guess.

2 Likes