I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

We pay for this, ladies and gentlemen. Do not enjoy your video games and downtime until youve watched play-throughs, read guides, and tried it on lower levels.

What a joke.

3 Likes

Nah, their key was on the line and were taking the risk. If they’re not screening random pugs better, it’s on them not the OP.

I haven’t run much M+ but there was a moment when the tank called for a los pull and it was him and me in the corner while the dps were out in the open. It was a +7, guess it was just an archaic term?

100% ^

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Yeah I think you should do that.

This reminds me of a training manager class i took once in one of the exercises you broke in to pair . One person task was to teach the other on how to make a p&j sandwich and the other person was to write down what was said . Some people put you put peanut butter on one half & jelly on other half put together. Now the instructor ask where do you get the p&j , from where is the bread , do you make it on counter and where is the knife you use .

How do you know which ones are meant to be soaked and which ones are meant to be avoided if you’re going in blind?

Just wanted to see something since you said this was your main was all.

Curious as to how you timed the same dungeon on the shaman, twice, which had the same mechanics, but you claimed you didn’t know what you were doing on the rogue…after you’ve been in the dungeon multiple times and timed it multiple times?

Which is why we don’t credit him with being the best one in the dungeon and ask for proper proof.

I’d like to see the dps meter, interrupt meter, cc meter, and damage taken meter from that run to show me he was the only one doing the right things and everyone else was to blame

Some of the long time players are so conditioned into thinking that you need to watch hours of youtube videos, read multiple guides, research the terms and lingo, know the animations of every mechanic before you can even begin enjoying running dungeons in a video game.

1 Like

I used to love these little scenarios - it truly shows how much a break in communication can affect the overall outcome

M+ community sucks.

This is EXACTLY why delving will be a thing.

1 Like

This whole thread just shows how toxic the M+ community is and why the whole system needs to be turned on its head.

1 Like

Nah, just take the proper steps and stop pointing fingers for your own failures really.
I’ve had no problems with people starting off with “hey it’s been awhile” or “new to this dungeon, anything I need to know?”

I did that on the AD key I tanked. Said it’s been since BFA since I tanked it and i’m not 100% sure on the routes to get full percentage, but I’m familiar with the dungeon. DPS spoke up and said “i’ll let you know when we need to go off the beaten path for extra %”

Boom.

I didn’t sit there and complain that the DPS weren’t doing their jobs and I’m a pumper and everyone else is at fault why we’re sitting at 94% trash and 3 minutes over timer

If I told you to soak a towel what would you assume?

Soak means to stand in and absorb. You are soaking the effect.

OMG WHAT’S AN EFFECT!? I don’t have time to go to Harvard Law School to learn terminology

2 Likes

Soak circles in recent years have a distinct look from circles meant to be evacuated.

Fall last boss soaks.

Long explanation:
There are 2 soak circles you have to stand in or die, the one in the front is for the tank, the one in the back is for everyone else.

Simple explanation:
Soak in back.

I understand as a newer player you may not understand some of the terms and abbreviations. But they did give you the simple explanation. It’s better than no explanation at all. I don’t think you can expect much more than that from strangers.

2 Likes

The fight has 3 soaks.

I remapped my Caps Lock key to be another CTRL, so this’ll never happen for me. Not sure why Caps Lock even exists on keyboards… :sweat_smile:

That’s what I mean.

I never soaked on my shaman.

Never heard that before.

Did the dungeon fine multiple times on my Shaman.

Stockholm Syndrome