I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

None of this changes that you went into the key lacking knowledge on the mechanics. And you didnt tell the group at the start that you didnt know them. Instead, the group wiped, and THEN you said you didnt know the mechanics.

Teaching someone is all well and good. But unless you say something at the start, you are implying that you know what to do. And you can read the dungeon journal, to see what mechanics are there. Or you could run your own keys. Or you could say something at the start.

You didnt do this. Instead you went into someone else’s key. Failed mechanics that you didnt know, or understand. Then after the wipe, asked for an explanation.

You are in the wrong.

2 Likes

Who’s to say they wiped on the boss? Rogue could have died early and they finished the boss.

Based on the “time over”, key was bricked before they made it to the boss. If the rogue is the only one who died because he didn’t know what to do and couldn’t follow plain as day instructions (which they are plain as day as he’s played in season 2 and season 1 with soak mechanics (just more proof this is a bait thread), they very easily could have finished the run.

1 Like

The only real mistake OP made was joining a group with a 394 tank tbh.

1 Like

I understand this is four hours in the past but I think the points are relevant.

Yes. Especially if it’s not your key. And it’s not even a matter of watching a video. Personally the people going ‘just watch a vid lol’ are insufferable.

I will say at least doing a +0 World Tour and glancing at the Adventure Guide should be done before you start pushing keys. One person continuously not knowing what they’re doing can kill a key in a hurry.

Apparently not in that particular dungeon if you didn’t understand the mechanics.

I’m not sure how much more clear ‘soak in the back’ can be. And it’s not everyone else’s job to teach you if you don’t understand since, y’know, it’s timed.

1 Like

Yep.

First run i had with problems.

Done like 15 of them and only that one had issues

Not being prepared to complete the task he signed up for

1 Like

1 would think you’d atleast learn the basic mechanic of the dungeon. I’m aware that DoTI is new to alot of players but it’s also been out for atleast a couple of months. There are so many videos available that gives you basics of the dungeon. If you got 1 shot I’m guessing you picked up the big circle where you want to run to chromie and hide in her shield. Considering you’re a rogue you’re probably behind the boss which caused chromie to spawn behind the boss thus “soak at the back” was called. And my bet is you started running like a headless chook chasing everyone

You know, the funniest thing for me about this entire thing is that I went into the same part blind. It went fine.

1 Like

Can you post on your Enhancement Shaman that you’ve done these keys on please?

Hello my shaman

Congratulations on being carried? Not sure what you want me to say? This run obviously didn’t and the OP is trying to make himself look like a victim in all of it. This thread isn’t about you.

Most of us have run into something blind and it’s worked out. But we don’t come running to the forums for validation when it doesn’t either

1 Like

Tbf Adi

This was a 4 with two paladins. This mechanic was a literal nonissue

I very, very rarely get carried. Let’s run some stuff together. How high are you comfortable going?

If I was the OP I’d have blocked you long ago…

You offer nothing constructive.

You speak offensively.

You assume guilt and are clearly “out to get him”

The OP doesn’t owe you a damn thing.

2 Likes

OP owes burden of proof actually

yea but there are still 1 shot in that boss fight.

3 1 shot I can think of especially for the OP’s gear. Frontal which is pretty much a given. Standing with the tank on the soak or not standing in chromie’s shield.

When you’re not doing mechanics and everyone else is and you succeed at timing a dungeon, that’s being carried.

Hey guys i had no idea what I was doing, but it’s thanks to me and not a carry at all that we passed this dungeon. Never mind everyone else having to pick up my slack. I just DPS

1 Like

uh…why are we arguing over whether op was carrying the tank or not? Seems kinda irrelevant to the fact that he messed up a mechanic where gear doesn’t matter.

1 Like

I am not new to this game. When I see a soak circle, I go to it.

I assume this is a problem for you, since you assume it would be for anyone?

Why did u want to see my Shaman?

They had multiple wipes and OP was only responsible for 1.

Tank was extremely undergeared too.

If I was op, I’d have this thread deleted and several of these trolls blocked.

Just look at his achievements. The guy is basically a brand new player.

1 Like