I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

Oh yeah, I’m a bad guy for telling him he should prepare with minimal research going into a dungeon. Lol

I even mentioned several times that he shouldn’t have gotten yelled at for it.

But yep, I’m the bad guy.

Basic catch up is 415. M0 = 437. I don’t think you understand what “overgeared” means

Yes it was an exaggeration to prove a point. Stop trying to coddle a DPS you’ve never met that fully admitted to screwing up.

How am i coddling someone who isn’t here? I jsut want to hear his side of the story.

Being newish, i doubt it. I’ll contribute the carrying to the 440 balance druid with S2 4 piece who had timed the same dungeon the day before at a higher level and 3 chested it.

Proof please.

“omg guys, i got yelled at because i didn’t know what i was doing. please forumgoers, give me the validation i require”

If your feelings weren’t hurt…why are you here? What’s the point of this post?

He made the claim, and you’re making the claim. Burden of proof falls to you.

Not according to Snow. He was right on par.

Tanking is an entirely different beast than DPS. You can have a 394 tank carry an entire group of 440s

No one got kicked, they failed to time the key by 8 and a half minutes, roughly.

Tank was running DPS trinkets with very outdated gear that would’ve been greatly improved from the aforementioned catchup gear. Healer was 423 with s2 4pc

Ok – great, so there ya go.
I was right and you are wrong. :no_bell: :mute:

Imagine a sport where you got brought into a game not knowing anything about it. The smart choice would have been to search up “how to play soccer” or “how to play basketball” and get the basics down.

It’s your fault for being lazy and not expecting to be carried. But dying in a +4? lol

In your own little world perhaps

Kicked, yelled at, throw up against the boss - who cares.
Everyone was terrible but him and according to him it was a +4key so what does it matter anyway and yet here we are replying to what is an obvious troll thread.

And tank has completed other dungeons with a 375 Healer.

2 starred all of his +2s.

He’s really making up time for that gear like you said he should. All that time spent definitely wouldn’t be better spent doing the 20 minute campaign for 415 gear

/s

See OP?

Thread is full of trolls. Time to abandon ship :joy:

Only a fool argues with a fool.

Later dude

1 Like

And with a 375 healer. Timed the dungeons.

But failed a dungeon with a “leet pumper rogue” and a 423 Healer?

…something isn’t adding up

And he’s doing just fine in his low ilvl gear. So why is he suddenly struggling with such a great DPS and a better healer? His gear isn’t the issue

1 Like

It adds up pretty well as far as I can tell. A 360 rating tank with no linked main on his io took on a dungeon he couldn’t handle.

As you say, a +4 is pretty serious for some people! Especially if they’re not really playing the game.

Seems he’s handling it just fine. He’s not the one who died from a failed mechanic

1 Like

I want you to think about this for a minute. Just mull it over.

Let’s not be daft.

Group wiping because your rogue friend failed a mechanic doesn’t fall on the tanks head lol talk about coddling

Oh wait…your wit must have left you. Let me make this easier for you to understand:

Tank isn’t the one who failed his mechanic and caused himself and the rest of the group to die.

1 Like

I skipped about 375+ comments. OP, just wanted to throw in my two cents that imo, failing a mechanic on a +4 is kinda normal territory. For my own keys, I would expect stuff like that to happen. That said - that’s partly why I mostly stick to keys with friends, while sometimes pugging in one dps. We can do our mid-high keys sorta blindly as we’re still learning some of the specific mechanics without worrying about tanking a stranger’s key. I will rarely ever pug into a stranger’s key, but when I do, I’m overgeared and I know the dungeon well.

If you plan on strictly pugging, I’d suggest watching some brief videos on the dungeons. Also highly recommend making key-buddies if you’re interested in running keys a lot. There are discord communities you can join, or you can just chat folks up in groups and swap btags.

Hope your future keys are a bit more chill. Good luck!

1 Like

Player A: I don’t know this boss
Player B: soak the back

The title makes it seem like player B was yelling at player A…

That’s why this thread is essentially bait.

2 Likes

Two paladins. Two BoPs. Two LoHs. Two Divine Shields.

But more importantly, if the tank didn’t die to the failed mechanic, why did it wipe if the rogue wasn’t carrying?

It never does, I just like watching people fumble over their words.

BUT THE CAPITAL LETTERS HURT PEOPLES FEELINGS DONTYAKNOW

2 Likes

Yall need to chill out wtf am I reading in some of these replies.
This a forum for a rated T video game meant for entertainment and relaxation. Some of you are fighting over the gear or the key level or whether someone yelled or didn’t at someone in a video game. Some are comparing this to lying on a resume and job application. Others are flat out being toxic to the OP.

No wonder people complain that this game community is dying and new players are put off by this craziness. Just tell the dude what the term “soak” and “in the back” means and move on. Why so many of you trying to be arbiters with these weird mental gymnastics that aim to place the blame on someone.

1 Like