I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

People also aren’t taking into account that you were the big pumper in the group so that wipe probably only lost the time you had made up for in the extra dps.

1 Like

I mean, I have a great guild and still pug 99% of my m+ runs. Only once or twice have I had any toxicity.

It’s toxic to be bad at this game.

In this case there were two soaks. Both in front of the boss.

One soak being closer to the boss.

The other soak being behind the first soak.

(Boss) (front soak - tank) (back soak - group)

The struggle with low keys. If you have huge pumpers you completely skip mechanics.

Even all the way up to +11 it’s possible to have good enough dmg to completely skip mechanics.

Then when you hit a group that doesn’t skip mechanics it’s like huhhhh never seen this before

Lol it really is

Not everyone enjoys their time being wasted.
And we only heard one side of the story. How about we bring the tank in here and see how it really went down. Everyone is the golden child when there’s only their story.

Never said it was your one wipe that caused a bricked key. But it definitely contributed to it.

Did he add a photo to show his dps in comparison?

This, i’ve run the game fairly steadily since M+ came out, and run thousands upon thousands of keys. Maybe run into 3-4 people who would actually fall under the category of “toxic”

Use his analogy though, it’s easier:

Character = Lettuce
Soak = Soak

You put your character in something like you put your lettuce in something. Same meaning

Learn mechanics in 0s where there’s no real penalty.

2 Likes

yeah to be fair i often hit caps lock mid-combat (not bound to anything so it doesn’t matter). if i’m typing quick instructions in the heat of combat i’m not stopping to turn it off or proofread. sorry!

2 Likes

OP, you are fine. This is how you learn. I am sure you still timed it and now you know the mechanic. It was a 4, you don’t need to watch videos before jumping into a 4 peoples lol.

1 Like

You don’t learn in a time sensitive scenario where failure is a very possible outcome
M0 has the EXACT SAME mechanics with no time limit and no punishment for dying multiple times.

There is a reason why they have tiers that hold the different mechanics.

M0 is for learning. M+ is for pushing

How do you know he was the big pumper?

That wasn’t fair of him. We all know leather doesn’t soak as well as cloth. The leader should have called a clothie to soak the back.

2 Likes

Quick! Check his logs!

2 Likes

Spare me the melodrama.

I take this to mean you’re out of rebuttals? Not sure I’d trust the 402 tank in a 4 over a new player in this regard.

it does read dirty

Claimed he hasn’t played hardly during m+ being a prominent feature
Claimed he didn’t know the dungeon and the mechanics
So to be a big pumper, we can safely assume he didn’t interrupt, stun, cc, follow mechanics (or he wouldn’t have died)

Fair to assume he tunneled the boss!

I fully understand why the tank was upset now :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, so we don’t need the tank here. We’re assuming things.

:thinking:

I take this to mean you’re out of rebuttals?

Tank knew the mechanics though. I would trust someone with a low ilvl and dungeon mechanics over someone with a high ilvl and knowing nothing

Because he said he was?

Why would they lie after saying they messed up the mechanic?

I trust people until I have a reason not to.

assuming will get u something