I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

Timers man…seems like most of this could be avoided if there was like a “timeout” option that would freeze all buffs,cds,debuffs so things could be explained…or you know, for a quick bio :joy:

Make it like a ready check and everyone has to accept and then to undo it, the key owner hits an “unfreeze” button.

Idk, I’m just thinking out loud…

This just reaffirms my belief that people getting mad over +4s have no clue what they’re doing in this game.

2 Likes

Clearly you don’t because you had to come to the forums to learn how to do it…

If you’re gonna learn by reading, may as well open up an online guide or the dungeon journal

That exists: Its the “before the leader puts the keystone into the pillar” option /s

Were you using Tricks of the Trade? If not, then you were failing at a rogue job…

Ilvl =/= knowledge though…

I’ve seen people barely out of m0 gear tanking 10+s and doing just fine

1 Like

He said he was new… :joy:

Why didn’t the key holder take a moment to explain? Seems like he didn’t care enough about his key :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes I have that on my main mouse button.

I learned that a while ago haha

When did he say he was new? Before the key, or AFTER the death?

How do you wind up at 402 when the catchup gear drops at 415+

:person_shrugging: The questline takes virtually no time, even if you’re coming from season 1 on a character you barely played. I’d know, since I hadn’t played since s1.

I’d totally have sympathy in a regular or heroic, but mythic+ isn’t an adventuring dungeon, it’s a competitive sport. You really do need to do some research first.

2 Likes

Sounds like the tank didn’t want to be bothered by taking the extra time to farm the catch up gear and opted to rush into low keys to skip a step.

Respectfully, red, eat my socks.

I like you, to be clear. I just despise this mindset.

2 Likes

Why do 415 when you can get 440? I just came back as well and I’m running m0 because that puts me at 437 while learning the dungeons (I didn’t even know about the mega dungeon, so that’s a new thing for me - the older dungeons i’ve run before in past expansions so it’s no biggie)

So why settle for less. If you can handle 4 at 400 ilvl, then why not do it?

Some of yall take video games way too seriously

1 Like

Because it takes no time to get that 415 gear, and you’re lucky if you get one piece of 440+ on a mythic run. You’re looking for vault gear.

??? :joy: please

Come on man, Esports are a failure in wow. It can’t be properly balanced and the ladders are rampant with people buying their way up.

Maybe it’s competitive for the top 0.01% but that’s about it.

What about that is funny other than you being that geared and still relying on others to take their time to teach you.

…that geared? My guy he’s 437.

So my main is/was about 417 ilvl when I came back yesterday.

M0 = 437.

I only had enough time to run 4 dungeons and I pushed my own from 2 → 5 → 8. (ran another 8 for someone else because i got DoI key).

Dungeon awards 450, vault offers 467.

I had no issues, no deaths on any of my runs (well 2 dps died from being stupid). No fear for my life moments, and i had the same gear disparity that the 402 warrior did running his 4.

Ilvl =/= knowledge or skill