I got yelled at in M+ because I don't know what "soak at the back" means

The boss has a back. The tank has a back. The room has a back. Even baby got back!

15 Likes

Soak = stand in something.

FALL last boss has 2 soaks

One in front (tank only)
One behind that one (rest of group)

“Soak in back” means to stand in the circle with the rest of the group and NOT the soak in front that is for tank only.

If you stand in the soak that is in front, you will die, it is for tank only.

6 Likes

Because you expect people to teach you the dungeon since you’re apparently so busy you can’t spend 5 minutes reading about the dungeon like the rest of the party did?

Dunno, sounds like 1 person is the toxic member

6 Likes

Oh dang. M+ has clearly changed while I’ve been away from the game.

I’m into it.

5 Likes

You almost made me spit out my coffee sir. X’D

2 Likes

AAAAAAAAND here is a huge glaring reason why low key AI M+ would be useful. People don’t want to queue into something and get abused while learning.

16 Likes

I’d argue that putting the burden of learning the fights on random strangers is equally toxic.

it’s no one’s responsibility to hold a stranger’s hand. The guy tried to tell him what to do in the few seconds he had to type. it’s not like there’s time to type out a five paragraph essay on what to do, and “soak in the back” is, frankly, pretty clear… especially when you consider the healer and other dps were likely already there.

IDK, I just don’t think the OP is in the right here.

the good news is, now you know OP, and you can simply move forward from here.

12 Likes

Guess who’s back? Back again!

1 Like

Which is what the person did, they told him to soak in the back.

It also only takes a few seconds to look at the dungeon journal before doing a key for a dungeon you don’t know anything about. Then when someone does a quick type in the middle of combat, you know what they are talking about.

2 Likes

Back of what? The boss? The room? Your mom?

Context matters in all things.

9 Likes

So in short, it means “stand in the mechanic to not kill people”. Or in other words, soaking. They are getting “yelled” at (not really) for making a forum post about ‘not knowing the lingo’ that has been popularized for… I don’t even remember the first time soaking was used. I feel like it could’ve been popularized as far back as in vanilla.

What happened in this thread is that the guy was told to soak, they didn’t soak, got called out for it. If one doesn’t know what happened, alright. Then learn from it and move on. But they made a forum post about it instead of … just learning from their own mistakes.

They are asking, whether just implicitly or with the intention, for pity on the forums. If one doesn’t know what something means then one own up to it, learn, and move on. Making a forum thread “I got yelled at [for wiping the group in] M+” kinda defeats the point. They are just here to troll and provide fodder to the endless number of trolls on these forums who have replaced their personality for a dislike of M+.

Case and point.

4 Likes

There are 2 soaks

One is in front (tank only)
One is directly behind that one (for the group)

If one soak is in front
The other soak is behind that one.

“Soak in back” means to not soak the first one which is for tanks only. Soak the one behind that one.

2 Likes

Your mom so big,
she sits around the boss room.

3 Likes

Shadys back. Guess who’s back guess who’s back.

Lol I can’t stop guys. I can’t!

Imagine being in the appropriate place to ask a question, and getting relentlessly flamed by people who live on the forums.

:dracthyr_cry_animated:

15 Likes

I know. I was being facisious to someone saying a random blurb im chat was conclusive to what you need to do without context.

1 Like

You think the forums is an “appropriate” place to ask any question?

2 Likes

Honestly, you’re right haha.

Someone did not know something going into Mythic+ (Key Level 4)…

Some say you must know the meaning of terms beforehand (“Soak in back” in this case)…

Mistakes were made, and perhaps lessons learned…

Went to the “Forums” to discuss it with the idea the “Forums” would be “Helpful” (To be fair, at times it can be as some people are nice here)…

I think I am up to speed, and all has gone as I knew it would.

(Sips :milk_glass:)

You should be doing a dungeon on normal/heroic/mythic if possible before doing it on m+.

You got lucky then.

I shouldn’t have to teach someone a mechanic in m+, I expect them to know them by that point.

4 Likes