I give up - Give the alliance High Elves!

Lol not lately, not really. Half of Legion seemed balanced until the Argus patch. BFA had a lot of Horde cinematics. The caveat that it was the villain-batting that would start our removal from the story. We mostly do story things with Bolvar in SL. In DF we are doing stuff for dragons until Emerald dream where we are doing quests for Nelves that understandably wanted to kill us just an expac before. Then the Gilneas stuff, then the Harbinger stuff. All of that is doing stuff for the Alliance.

If you’ve been playing since Vanilla, you’d know that Horde wasn’t even the focus then. There wasn’t story until later on.

2 Likes

I didn’t know I wasn’t real and playable?

3 Likes

This is Galathir.

Look I made another High Elf with Mists Remix!

3 Likes

I know I’ve harped on it and I absolutely will again, but the issue is that the Alliance always wins eventually so the Horde gets rightfully annoyed about that. But we get quests and high res cinematics about the Horde winning smaller battles and how it makes the Horde feel, while the Alliance kind of sits in the background as set dressing and eventually reacts or at least are sad.

Or at least, that was the Cata/MOP and BFA arch.

So everyone is annoyed: Horde because they’re evil and incompetent, Alliance because they’re toothless and barely contributing to the plot.

As a cranky old PvPer, I like a good war story to give my characters motivations
 but at this point, I’m kind of over it.

It’s Horde are the aggressors, Alliance are the victims. It just needs to get to a point where each side has their story and meets somewhere in the middle, like it was before Cata.

I swear them going big with the story was one of the worst things for it. Because it took these little enjoyable quests and made things to where certain things had to happen to force the plot.

1 Like

What, you didn’t enjoy Rexxar yelling about driving the Kul’tirans out of Horde land
 in Kul Tiras?

Honestly, it’d be a lot easier if faction war plots weren’t usually handled with the grace and dignity of a drunk uncle trying to slackline at the family reunion.

1 Like

LMFAO, so agreed on that.

1 Like

And honestly that would be fine. I have been suggesting for ages that we just need 1) give the void elves the option to change name plate to high elf 2) change all the racials to arcane themed one that function exactly the same. Done high elf. Bonus we get half elves for humans/kul Tirans and high elven varient.

The void elves are literally blood elves as well and by extension as much high elf as anyone. Now all we need are more customizations.

They were.
Until they became one with the void.

1 Like

Again being magically change does not change your race. Are shadow priest somehow a new race considering they have deeper connections to the void?

Someone should probably tell the Nightborne they’re no different to Nightelves & vise-versa, along with Lightforged Draenei that they’re not a different race to Draenei 
 :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

• Also the shadow priest is a pretty silly comparison.

If I’m a Blood Elf shadowpriest — That doesn’t make me a void elf, as much as a holy Draenei priest doesn’t make one a Lightforged 

I’d wager they’ve been changed on a cosmic scale, akin to Nightborne have to Nightelves — Unlike say Blood Elves to High Elves, or the Night Elves to Highborne: as those distinctions are merely political & nothing more.

Although, that being said

I do think they should consolidate some races into one via some lore-event & rip off the bandaid so we can just share & embrace more customisations together :person_shrugging:

• Give an NPC for changing racials with a 7 day CD (like Zandalari Loa shrines)
  • Perhaps also have a few NPCs for claiming what identity you want to embrace for your mouse over title (Blood or High // San’layn or Void)

That’s of cause, a simple take on the matter & alterations or refining details on the above could be made — but in the short take, that’d be a win-win ordeal for many I’d imagine.

For Elves:

Lorewise if they embrace all elves of their kingdom & people, with a means to change between each identity (Sunwell, Void Artifact & relic of the Shadowlands) - You could depict it in a way that flows far better than a jumbling mess of pure ignorance to the story.

• You’d also put an end to people raging that X customisation or cosmetic went to Y race / faction variant instead 

I’m on board with uniting the factions & the races, but later on perhaps creating new factions (with all races accessible to both sides) – but alas, that’s another subject.

No, they are not! The lightforge are literally the same people as the draenei along with the broken/penitent et al. And they were all part of the Draenei heritage quest. They have effectively reclaimed the term Eredar to refer to everyone. And I suspect elf is going to be the generic term for the entire Elven tribes come Midnight.

So you agree uniting some of the races into the one category would remove more issues than it’d create? :thinking:

I mean, for Draenei specifically – It’d be an awesome society seeing all different variations of Draenei in their new city 

• For some future potential races, despite being the same origin – I can understand having them segregated as a different race – Take the ‘Broken’ for example: Especially given the fact they can’t be paladins due to their mutation causing a forced disconnection from the light.

I would be fine if the Thalassian Elves were:

High Elves - normal elves
Fel Elves - green tinged elves
Void Elves - purple tinged elves

fel elves are like man 'ari blood elves. they have deep red skin tones and wings, with fel green eyes

1 Like

I mean, High elves are good but Starcursed hair for my Void elf are even better!!!

Where my star-cosmic hair at Blizzard?!!

What about our Void Elves?!! throws cookies on the wall

2 Likes

Being one people is not the same as one race though.

Not all Draenei/Eredar are the embodiment of Light’s Wrath. It’s what makes them Lightforged and sets them a part. Lightforged appears to be more like Undeath (Turalyon is infused with the light and may be considred Lightforged, I believe?) so I’ll agree but do not confuse this with how the Elves are transformed.

Void Elves have been transformed in to another race.

I thought the thousands of posts and “debates” in the threads were fun to read, I never cared a whit about getting High Elves into the game at that time. However, when Blizzard gave Blood Elves blue eyes then I had to jump on board, way too much of a smack in the face to my faction.

There are different degrees to corruption for Man’ari though. Some would be classified as Felblood Elves while others are more like the Orcs. Man’ari just means corrupted. So they are ‘Corrupted Eredar’ and Draenei are ‘Exiled Eredar.’