I get all of these people telling me I won't like classic

I miss all of the things people claim we’ll dislike about Classic. I won’t get tired of it anytime soon, either. I plan on leveling no fewer than 5 classes to 60, and with my schedule that’s going to take a long, long time.

3 Likes

Mildly curious if “all of these people” have names or is it just one giant composite character (fiction) for the purposes of telling the story.

So you have to have a list of names of people in order to validate something in your eyes. the purpose of a story is to validate that classic is not all the terrible things that people say on youtube, twitch, and forums. im sure youll find something unless you’ve been living under a rock this whole time.
Or maybe you post things like this to have someone talk to you, what ever the reason I hope things get better for you soon.

but would that mean it would just make its way back up too BFA?

Oh, if you bring Classic up at all in GD and say you’re looking forward to it, you’ll get multiple responses from people telling you why you won’t. This has been going on for years.

2 Likes

That’s just the way the forums are around here someone jumping on with a negative response to things. other peoples kids I tell you.

Yeah, but sometimes it’s fun to commiserate with each other about it. Know what I mean?

Maybe retail players are scared of a popular form of the game and want their version (retail) to be far superior.

1 Like

we’ve actually been told this by any number of retail players.

isn’t that the problem? people at this point expect new content all the time for almost every game. have you never had a game you loved playing and played it multiple times? hell I have an old PlayStation 2 game called dark alliance, I still play it a lot. there isn’t new content but its always fun. my point is just because its an MMO with no new content it doesn’t mean your experience will be the same every time. farming, exploring, dungeons, giving someone a run, hell anything. if you enjoy it you will find something to do.

1 Like

Retail will still be more popular just because that is just how this generation seems to enjoy it. What I am curious to see is how many will stay faithful to Classic compared to Retail. Cause one thing has been fairly obvious since MoP in that the audience is pretty fickle. See a spike in subs for the first month or two and then it plummets. Even when we can’t see the new sub counts since WoD, it is apparent when it happens.

If I have to give an educated guess, Classic will experience something similar in that people will come to try it and then likely quit for any given amount of reason while there will still be a healthy playerbase going forward. But where does it go from there?

Thank you for your post.
That story is Vanilla and that is the game we would like back!

1 Like

I’m not convinced of that yet. Once all the content patches come out (there is no timeline, but there have announced there will be 4 of them, and I think that maybe 2 years of content), I wonder if end game content will be added.

I’m not talking about moving to BC either. I think if its popular enough, there could be room for adding new dungeons/raids to Classic, while staying at 60. Of course, that’s along ways down the road.

1 Like

IIRC, Old School RuneScape was originally supposed to be in a similar “released as is and that’s just it” kind of way, but grew popular enough that they started to make new content for it separate from the main game. That said, OSRS was rivaling, if not surpassing, the main game from the start, and has been the more popular version of that game ever since they started making new content, so that’s a key part of determining if they add on top of Classic in the same way. I think it’s hard to draw a one to one comparison, since the P2P model is optional for RuneScape, and OSRS was also helped in becoming more popular by its opening up to free accounts. Given WoW has millions of subs, it would take millions of people pretty much exclusively sticking to Classic to see that same kind of development occur. I personally would not get my hopes up.

You don’t need to worry about that, it will just go into TBC after it runs out obv.

There is an old saying that goes: If someone told you to jump off of a cliff, Would you do it?

I think that logic applies here. When we start caring (or listening) to what other people say or demand, we lose the one thing that makes us unique. individuality. And with it, our ability to think for our selves.

I personally know people who quit at tbc/wrath, and keep coming back expac after expac hoping things will change for the good… I think that’s why the subs drop down after a month or two, some realize the game is not ever going to be like it once was, yet they cling on a distant memory in hopes it will return each time lol

1 Like

shudder

You clearly have issues of self-loathing and possibly masochistic tendencies. Seek therapy.

hehe. it was fun once you memorized the right way to do it. it was just confusing otherwise.

refresher :smiley:

1 Like