I get all of these people telling me I won't like classic

All of these titles have been reserved as complaint threads for the first week after Classic goes live.

6 Likes

hehe you wont hear me complaining. at least, not on the forums. my family might hear a thing or two though, like the dumb decision i made that caused a wipe or how i cant find the entrance to gnomeregan while in spirit form cause everythings white, including the whole zone. hehe

2 Likes

Heh, your math is waaaaay off man - it’s MUCH higher than $150M, assuming 1 million subs for each month.

It’d be $180M/year, or 1.89BILLION over 10 years.

I’ve bookmarked this post, ha ha ha

2 Likes

Also, they can release those at a reasonable pace, since they still have all of the data.

it will get boring after a while, thats normal for pretty much any game

i get tired of current expansions before they are over too. that doesn mean we shouldnt play, just because it wont last forever

Most people I know who are going to try classic when it comes out…don’t miss the game…they miss the community the format of the game caused to form and the guilds and friends it caused. What has yet to be seen is weather or not recreating the same situation will cause the same outcome. What will make or break classic is weather of not we get the community feel back more than any specific feature.

6 Likes

I miss the game.

2 Likes

“You will hate it, because I won’t like it!”
-Anti-Classic argument

7 Likes

that is only one, even if big, aspect. a LOT of people want the old game back. because it has a lot of designs that modern wow destroyed. mature people are aware that toxic modern players will still flood to classic- even if only for a short time. but they will also weed themselves out. so this isnt a huge concern.

i will be in classic, regardless of a raiding guild- how many friends i make- or any other social aspect, because that is the game i want to play. i want that depth to hunter pets again and feeling like they were much more than just AI, i want to level to 40 before i can have my mount and grind the gold to get it all. so i can feel that accomplishment, i want to have the responsibility of buying ammo and pet food, i want the responsibility of being a team player- when it comes to group content. dismissing my pet on a drop down because if i dont, it will wipe the raid etc etc etc.

6 Likes

You know what would be funny? If they were right… If you tried it and didn’t like it!

3 Likes

The content is fixed. The players are not. The game will be as boring as the people you play with.

1 Like

While this is true for some people…one fear I have is that with all the info and vids out there and most having already done the content…that it might feel like starting a new DnD pnp adventure with your friends by handing them all a copy of the DM only info before you start. Avoiding this feel will be important to some.

i do that pretty much with every expac. i dont read what to do and just try to figure it out on my own . i’m old enough that i’ve forgotten alot of classic details. this should be interesting.

2 Likes

I miss the game :sob::sob:

3 Likes

Lol ty for revising my math Banjaa, in this case i am glad you corrected me as the actual amount of 180 billion is nothing to take lightly as a buisness model.

1 Like

If you don’t have a Guild when you start Classic, then give us a try. We have people from the top down that have no issues helping lower level people clear content, and just having a good time playing. You would be a perfect fit for our mindset. Most people that play whether they want to admit it or not are just playing for themselves. They say they want to be helpful, but once they have it done, you never see them around.

1 Like

Eventually I am sure I will end up getting bored without a doubt. But I am also not just no lifing into it. It will be fun for a good long amount of time until I probably have Naxx on farm. But what will make the game keep me playing really is the social aspect that will be present. With any luck it will go into TBC in the future which will hold me even longer.

2 Likes

Agreed. If this takes off, there’s no reason not to make servers for all of the previous expansions.

1 Like

I agree a lot of these people pretend they were playing classic. when classic was around in its hay day or they totally miss the point of a post because they never experienced classic like some of us have. I agree with you classic was fun sure things were different sure they were harder but it made the game what it was fun. I had a similar experience running people through dungeons guiding them through a quest they had a hard time with , or even walking my group to SFK so they didn’t get ganked or killed by mobs.

1 Like