I feel like Sethrak should be an allied race

Zul was indeed in prison, but the release of Mythrax would have happened even if he still was inside the stockades as there’s a lot of other followers in Zandalar already when we arrive, and the one overseeing Vol’dun was Jakra’zet.
Neither the Horde or the Alliance would have been present in Zandalar if it wasn’t for the Horde rescuing Talanji and Zul. Either way, the devoted would have been wiped out in this timeline so I don’t see them being angry with the Horde for this reason.
Another reason a lot of people claim why the devoted would hate the Horde is for the failure to protect the keystones when you, Vorrik and the vulpera go to end Korthek. But this is also not a great one, as there are literally only two trolls defending with the devoted and they gave it their all, giving chase to Zul’s forces when they grabbed the keystone, they were ready to fight to their dying breath and would have if not the player saved them in Atul’aman where we encounter them.
I think blaming the Horde for failing to protect something with only two people is a bit harsh, especially when the Alliance is so close with the largest military force in Vol’dun at the time, and they do nothing to help their supposed devoted “friends”.
If we are going to go by your logic then the devoted would hate the Alliance more for not helping them when they’re so close by.
Heck, despite the Alliance finding the devoted first, they just help Vorrik to save their own man and then get out of there, never to help them again seemingly. When the Horde arrive the devoted are under attack and Vorrik have been captured again, they does not even have enough weapons to arm the few devoted able for battle, so the Horde have to steal supplies from the faithless to arm them and save the devoted prisoners they can to bolster their numbers.

1 Like

No, they have never made sense as a playable race.

1 Like

Cant.

Horde fault.

Horde fault.

Hammul follows the order of Circle of Cenarius first. So thats not a horde point either :smiley:

You canttbecause the horde is not doing it because they wanted it ; is because they need it.

Sure! .

Anduin trying to reunite the families from Lordaeron and Stormwind ; and crazy chick shotting everyone because shes insecure .

Anduin trying to make Garrosh better even if he died trying.

Varian not destroying Orgrimmar when they had the chance and give another chance for the horde to change (i was hoping to kill them all tbh).

Jaina not destroying Orgrimmar because Garrosh went full pepega.

As you can see ? i can continue like 100 more.

So we have done a lot of more quests in vanilla with bloodelfs . Does the Alliance have bloodelfs ?.

Your argument lost so quick.

Saying that Sethrak and vulpera are friends is like saying that all the troll tribe must be friend because they have a link.

I have to ask the same question ; are you just a fan boy hordewithout any common sense or do you really believe what you are writing ? just wanna know.

Why.

How. If Garrosh going to AU Draenor is the Horde’s fault then Arthas is the Alliance’s fault.

Believable but source please.

Or because the writing sucks.

Sure.

Vol’jin tried advising Garrosh :man_shrugging:
He ended up having an assassination attempt for it.

Fair.

After she let her city be used as a military staging ground. I don’t think the bombing was justified but it didn’t come out of nowhere. And by the way, Jaina was forcing the element of water in that moment when she was going to, the same thing dark shamans do.

Lol, no? You helped High Elves in Vanilla. The Alliance have helped virtually no Blood Elves until Burning Crusade, when the Horde and Alliance arrived where the Blood Elves are in Outland.

My argument still stands, you’re confused.

Th…the good Sethrak and the Vulpera work together? Like quite literally, the Vulpera rescue a high priest of the Sethrak. The bad Sethrak captured and tortured the Vulpera, yes. But the bad Sethrak wouldn’t join either side because they believed in wiping out everyone equally.

Man! Confrontational, aren’t you? I honestly would love to continue this debate, but it’s very clear that you’re either trolling or not even confident in your own stance. That type of debate loses interest fast. I’ve said my piece, and it’s very clear to me that you have no knowledge of Voldun other than “I want sneks on Alliance, please, lore aside.” So, uh…enjoy your interesting mind there, I’m going to move on to something more interesting.

3 Likes

The sethrak love thread is a lot more constructive than this, and there’s plenty of people willing to debate that sethrak would fit better on Alliance and Horde.

Props to Fezzy btw, cool guy no matter what you think.

2 Likes

Nice, nice! Obviously I think Sethrak are way past being added as playable, but it could be fun to pop in.

Meanwhile I’ll hope for the fauns from Shadowlands, even though I don’t think we need more races at this time, haha.

2 Likes

So they are highelves until BC came out ? .Convenient.

Again your argument is just . . . convenient by your own facts.

Same as Sethrak worked good with any race of the horde or the Alliance. Is like saying that Vrykuls had a lot of more interaction with the Alliance because normals humans come from them.

That doesnt mean “they are friens”.

You must be a really friendly cow .

Im not!. You keep thinking that bonds , “friendship” and other silly stuff have anything in this conversation.

We helped the nightborne equally in legion but they went horde ?. Now you are gonna say .“tyrande”

Blaming tyrande is like saying that you are not to allow to be insecure after a friend betrayed you.

IS DUMB !.

You have literally the mind of a horde player ; thats why i dont like to talk with horde fanboys or sylvanas fanboys.

They are just . . . .ordinaries.

So they are high elves in vanilla but after in BC are bloodelfs ? .

You are one of those who say :“all highelves are bloodelfs right!” … . right?

I always bump sethrak posts.

Give us snake bois blizz!

yeah, for sure. I don’t see sethrak as an allied race happening , but I have been wrong before.

TLDR

I feel like we need less Allied Races and more customization.

1 Like

That said, hide helm could work.

4 Likes

I personally think one more round of ARs was originally planned, with Sethrak being one of them, but at some point before BlizzCon Blizz decided not to do a 8.3.5 patch and canceled the last two ARs.

1 Like

Wait wait wait. Are you claiming that Vulpera would hurt a faction pop?

Are you nuts? While it’s still an overwhelming presence, BE numbers dipped fairly sharply when Vulps dropped!

I’m saying I personally think sethrak are cooler and that ankoan/gilgoblins would’ve made a better pair than vulpera/mechagnomes. Gilgoblins/ankoan are both from Nazjatar (at least the Unshackled are) and they’re both aquatic. What do mechagnomes and vulpera have to do with each other?

Vulpera hurt faction numbers way more than gilgoblins/ankoan would’ve.

Ya. I’m not wild about allied races, but the story situation and placement indicates a revision downward of allied races for this expac. Twiggy form ppl (a la worgen) without needing to be droods would be interesting. Hypothesising that is where Kul’tiran drood form came from: scrapped twiggy ppl.

Gilgoblins didn’t have near the fervor behind them Vulpera did. Alliance BEGGED for Vulps, or at least for Vulp neutrality. It was a lot of broken hearts when Kiro chose the Horde.

1 Like

No, and I’m not saying they did. I’m saying it would’ve made sense to get gilgoblins/ankoan instead of vulpera/mechagnomes because they have much more in common and counteract each other well, both from Nazjatar and both aquatic.

Oh boy Gnomest is replying. I just tickled her funnybone the second I said gilgoblins.

1 Like

Oh boy Gnomest is replying. I just tickled her funnybone the second I said gilgoblins.

You know it. Gilgoblins are easily my top loved race. So what I wanted to say.

If gilgoblins looked like this from the beginning, they would have easily been one of the most requested allied races. And this model design could be made even more unique and detailed. This what I mean when I say, it is a race with potential. And this could be done with out breaking too much from what their established look is. That said before anyone gets their pitchforks out. I believe that Vulpera and Gilgoblins should have both been playable and been partners with each other. They are like bread and butter to each other in lore.

1 Like