I feel like blizz did Dracthyr dirty

It’d be one thing if I’d selected the “no armor” option, but I selected that loincloth because I liked it.

I mean look at them. Bizzaro chicken looking race.

Then they make drakonid npcs that are boss in the same xpac and we cant even be them lol

I created a Dracthyr but haven’t leveled it, and probably won’t. I don’t care for the way they look, their lore background, or the way Evoker plays, so my interest level just isn’t there. I don’t think it ever will be.

Both male and female Dracthyr are just Blood Elves and Humans with horns and scales.
Where Blizzard really did the Dracthyr dirty was not following through with realizing the concept art in-game, which looks infinitely more interesting than what we ended up with:

3 Likes

I was fully expecting the plan to be the specialized dracthyr armor to be a huge draw for people playing the race - specifically for cool mogs and changable body forms. Instead we got wildly unbalanced support spec with abilities that play a broken tune. The armor component fell flat on its face. Oh and we got copy pasta leveling patch zones with minimal new gear mogs too. So… I guess we heap whatever they started working on armor wise into the Trading Post in about a year?

Saddest part about so many of these expansions. You see so much cool opportunity everywhere but then get mediocre half baked content.

worse when they keep ignoring them afterwards rather than doing the right thing and finishing them, in dracthyr’s case it’d be more visage options and allowing us to see our armor on dragon’s form and for worgen…well yeah there’s a long list of things they should give worgen in form of customizations like optional tails or even straight posture for the males. I mean the dracthyr use the worgen frame and have a tail so why can’t worgen get a tail too instead of made fun of by dracthyr ladies?

I would like to shift the attention to Mechagnomes. At least Dracthyr have open options to log their vistage form when out of combat.

We’re stuck like this permanently. Wanna mog your hands? Nope. Wanna mog your boots? Nope. Wrists? Nope. Pants? We get “diapers”.

Not to mention that most helms on us look funny. Or shoulders.

The sad part is that this expansion is drawing to a close. Once the new thing is announced, the Dracthyr are going to hit the bench super hard and stay there. Forever. Monk status.

None of the visual issues with the race will be addressed at that point.

1 Like

At the very least, I’d like new barbershop armor every expansion

It is crazy we can’t mog our own tier. But I’d settle for more barbershop options

5 Likes

I’m saying this as someone who finds dracthyr underwhelming on multiple levels: comparing them to “chickens” is a stretch to rival the perennial comparison of draenei to goats. Which is saying something.

Sadly Dracthyr isn’t the first time Blizzard took a cool concept race and did em dirty. Just look at what Worgen could have been:

What we got:

2 Likes

Wacky wavy inflatable tube man

Oh they thought about it. They thought it wasn’t worth the time to do it properly

Dracthyr’s design is lazy in so many ways, but the transmog limitations I think are the greatest offense. You have a race that’s basically locked out of an entire game feature because Blizzard didn’t feel like fitting armor on them properly.

The one time we get a new caster and Blizz decides to drag their feet and cut corners

1 Like

I can only hope Dracthyr finally get the rest of their mogging visuals announced at Blizzcon along with additional classes.

Also Drakonids and or Sethrak, or Saurok, or all of them. More variety reptiles to play is also great.

5 Likes

I really wanted my dracthyr’s visage to be a pandaren or vulpera as…yeah no after DF I may stop playing them as the elf boy or human girl visage limitations are killing them for me

1 Like

WoW 100% did Dracthyr dirty and they know it!

I have been playing with the dracthyr this whole expansion and I can say I have been going out of my mind with this toon.
I can say I really do enjoy it and I want to love it but there is this gnawing scratch in the back of my skull that always makes me so mad about them and it drives me to want to quit them all together.
But I am stubborn and honestly, they were one of my hypes about this expansion and gave me so much excitement and anticipation as well as the hype around them I was all in and decided I was going to make it my main character because it was a dragon and dragons are fkn awesome!
But after week 1 of playing the disappointment started to creep in, the Tmogs was the biggest at the time it was so frustrating to get anything to match, finally when I got an outfit together that matched, then there was an update that caused a bug where your weapon would glitch on your back, and it cut through the wings and threw everything off.

After week 2 “Soar” aka “falling with style” started to show how useless its ugly little spec of a whatever you want to call it is, I mean gg it is still broken till this day I mean C’mon a fkn cooldown of 4-3 min.
Yeah, some will say you can get it lower, but I don’t care about that, well I do…
But it’s beside the point I am driving at.
If you ever want to get some real fun out of it, you must first…
“TAKE OUT A FKN Mount” … and fly to the highest point around the area you are in ffs :person_facepalming: that is the most pathetic ability if you want to call it that I would call it a disability but that is my own opinion.
We are no more and no less than some glorified plucked chickens, again own opinion.
C’mon #freethewings blizz ffs :person_facepalming: :dracthyr_cry_animated:

Then came the drathyr’s quest another slap to the face watching the npc versions fly off and I was stuck mounting up! ffs :person_facepalming:
I then started researching hoping that one day we will get normal flying I found forms and topics and even read articles about how the dracthyr where originally planned to have normal flight and so many other options for appearances, but normal flying was put on hold in favor of soar as dracthyr having normal flight would be unfair to other players.

Ok fair enough I assume but this gave me hope, So like a good little soldier I marched on always keeping an eye out for any news relating to the dracthyr.

It was dark silent nothing… not a peep from blizz… but many of you the players you were all talking so I kept my eye on the forms I kept my ear open incase blizz would listen to the community as they claim they do…
But the more I dove in the more I started to notice a trend…
The dracthyr weren’t the only ones who had so much hype and potential but were shelved neglected and forgotten given scarps here and there to keep them happy.

But these where merely crumbs thrown to the masses to keep that $$$SUB$$$ now after all this time we have pathfinder in 10.2 and I have been searching and looking trying to see if this is when dracthyr will finally get normal flight?
As one of the issues was fairness, now I thought to myself now they will give us normal flying!!! Still I searched and searched article after article and all I found is Druids will be able to fly … Druids!!! :person_facepalming: And You want to know what I read about dracthry… SILENCE not a Whisper from blizz no confirmation nor denial about dracthyr and flying.

Now it would be unfair for dracthyr not to have flying as we stand there and watch every druid shape into their bird form and fly away,
we will then glance over and see our npc better halves leap off and… fly away (sounds of wings fluttering off into the distance can be heard as well) … while we will be stuck with blizz clipped fkn wings and digging out our fkn mounts!!! :dracthyr_uwahh_animated: NOOOOOOOOOOO…

I am starting to see now, after all this time I too am finally coming to the realization the dracthyr too will be scraping at the floor for them crumbs…
So to the DH to the DK to the Worgen’s and so many more with so much more potential than you gotten leave some crumbs… leave some crumbs for the dracthyr. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

3 Likes

Worgen players:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/658364135934918656/966730623291125780/first-time-james-franco.gif?ex=65563d0d&is=6543c80d&hm=3dc6d6148b20a98f2c3af756aadc9e8b70d3a78105517fbec113fd29e3ac7028&

4 Likes

Everything you have said is 100%. I have been waiting and waiting for them to announce that dracthyr are going to get…well literally any love at all from the devs. Nothing. They put it out, and were just like “Eh. Good enough. They’ll totally love it all as is forever.” And while I do enjoy dracthyr, and have…several now, the fact I have to mount up as a WINGED BEING is the biggest slap in the face every time I have to do so.

3 Likes

Tell me about it. I overwhelmingly play draenei and trolls (aside from the occasional worgen or Zandalar, although the latter still counts as a troll); but can my dracthyr choose either of the above for a visage? LOLno. I pretty much don’t touch visage form at all because of that.

1 Like

What’s a real spit in the face about it all…is Blizz does this a lot…they cut corners…they rewrite entire stories… they take something that would be insanely fun and throw it in the trash. Worgen back in cata were hyped up and the models they had in the trailer back then were actually good, I was excited as could be as alright werewolves finally… then they went and gave them to the alliance. This wasn’t a deal breaker though… then that super cool or wicked model they advertised them getting… they didn’t get. Worgen got hit with the ugly bat and ignored for 10 years. Then blizz finally gave them an updated model and new fur colors and eyes… but that was it… they got ignored for countless years yet again after this. The worgen community start begging and asking for more customization options for the worgen form as if you compare the female worgen’s options for their worgen form to the human form the worthless human form has two pages while worgen got barely a page. The idea of optional tails was proposed by the community and how does Blizz react? They make female dracthyr make fun if not insult us for wanting a dang tail option. Every race that uses the worgen frame has a tail… the saurok in MoP, the saberon from WoD, the dracthyr… all use the worgen frame and have a tail yet we in the worgen community are called crazy or the like for wanting an optional tail… I mean really now? Idk about DH or DK but the dracthyr also got done dirty as being forced to only pick between ugly elf boy or uglier human girl for a visage then force fed that BS about how a visage is how you see yourself… yeah no that ticked me off big time. Not to mention when you start a dracthyr you start with the emerald armor but here’s where Blizz thinks they’re funny… they didn’t include the shoulders or belt and nobody and nothing gives you them so that’s a armor set forever incomplete which may mess with transmog collector’s a fair bit. So hey if you’ll support worgen getting at least optional tails then I could see dracthyr being saved at least some crumbs as both races got done dirty and deserve justice

1 Like

So I’ve got some good news for you to look forward to my fellow dracthyr

2 Likes