I feel like Asmongold's viewers don't actually play WoW

No generally speaking there are actually generations and generational differences in people.

Zoomers are a real thing…

Yes you can have a Zoomer Boomer… But that’s because that zoomer had very dedicated boomer role models. Most Zoomers don’t have boomer role models however…

Most Zoomers are living in this strange world where the things of the past are still very relevant without having lived through them personally and the future is very bleak without much hope for any of them…

They don’t. That’s why they watch him instead of playing it.

1 Like

You mean Asmongold, the terrible react YouTuber?

It’s because streamers pay x amount a month on bot accounts that behave in a variety of ways, and exclaim scripted things and ask scripted questions that prompt the streamer to give a PR response, much like Q+A at modern blizzcons.

Sure when it comes to, for example, technical stuff. There’s a chance a 19-year old doesn’t know how to work a rotary phone or play an 8-track tape but the whole “next generation is worse than the previous” trope is fake news.

1 Like

I didn’t fail them- I date zoomers, give them the security, lessons and experiences that have been missing their whole lives, and act as a pretty good big brother/father figure to the young men- but I certainly agree with your sentiment, they have been set up to fail. Even the ones who benefit from generational wealth are emotionally and intellectually underdeveloped, generally speaking.

1 Like

Disgusting. Sounds like a massive lack of self-esteem masquerading as confidence.

If GD had a tag line, this would be it.

This may come as a shock to you MOP baby, but the game, and community, and experiences used to be meaningful and memorable before this modern era.

I don’t like the guy, truly- but his opinions, especially of the past are based in facts of the time.
Yes, he wasn’t a god at the game, but it was such a satisfying game back then, he felt like one. It’s 2023, people who aren’t even good at the game make up the VAST majority and have the biggest mouths; and I’d venture to say Asmon in his prime was better than most of you. Modern Asmon could still get all portals today if he tried instead of getting carried, which again, is modern mentality, so not really an argument.
Also, I respect that he made changes to retain and grow his following before anyone else. He was realistic about the downfall of WoW as a WoW content creator. What’s the alternative? Soulsobreezy having an ego somehow (also not a good player), him and hazel and T&E more or less getting paid by blizz to read scripts and omit facts to keep people coping? And Bellular? None of these creators are good at the game, Asmon better than all of them.Did any of these blizzard paid shills mention we need to combine 250 FS per spark creation in S3?
I’d rather Asmon over these fluff pieces that pull wool over your eyes as a community, but not my eyes.
I’m not an Asmon follower, but remember now why I once was :v:t4:

I thought he moved on to FFXIV? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but last I heard everyone was making a big deal over that.

1 Like

While this is true, he is very popular. He’s good looking, charming and knows how to fake a shocked look during an interview (i.e. his reaction to the “What Sword” remark by Ion).

Problem is, this attracts viewers who are looking for a new game to play. They click on his videos and see all his negative advertising which can drive potential new players away.

It’s just one of the new realities of a world with the Internet where more and more people get to put out a message regardless if there is any truth to the message or not.

Because he was the trailblazer for that at the time. Now he’s just kinda a variety/general gaming creator is my understanding.

Most of the forums? Yeah, probably.

But you’re responding to one of the few people that uses these forums who is better than prime Asmongold across the board, though.

1 Like

I can appreciate that. You were mostly just the catalyst for my comment, haha

1 Like

What’s worse is the world they are about inherit… These people will live through a Purge… :frowning:

Yay! :partying_face:

I don’t watch his stream so I can’t comment on his viewers but we live in an age where you certainly don’t need to consume or even know much of anything about a product to have vehement, loud opinions about it.

They do, mostly classic I think but theres some retailers in there.