I feel like Asmongold's viewers don't actually play WoW

I can attest to this. I am considered a late Gen Z baby. I’m 25 now. I don’t know how to drive properly, I don’t know how to manage finances/bank accounts, how to pay for bills, how to even use a credit card, my social skills are terrible, etc, etc the list goes on and on. And its a similar situation for a lot of Gen Z people I know, we are in a stage of extended adolescence. We haven’t been taught this stuff by our parents due them spoiling us since we were little. I am 100% sure Gen Z will find me comment relatable because it’s the unfortunate reality. A lot of us Gen Z folks weren’t taught how to be independent and getting out of that cycle is the problem we are seeing now.

2 Likes

don’t be naive

how can you even see whats going on in the chat? Its going like 100mph

Thank you for bravely sharing this…

I’m of the opinion that your innocence will be what saves your generation. Much of the things your parents didn’t teach you is about to change. AI will usher in a new era for everyone…

I agree with the innocence bit, I’ve said something similar. Can you expand on the rest of your thoughts there? AI, etc leaves the future very nebulous and volatile to predict is my thoughts. /shrug

1 Like

While the “experts” can’t really determine when this will happen most agree that a singularity is coming…

Basically it’s a artificial GOD….

So when that day happens everything changes and humans are lowered from being the most powerful creatures in existence that we know of…

Who cares. I don’t have anything against asmon himself, he’s fine. But his viewers are awful mindless sheep. Better to just ignore them entirely. You can watch Asmon stuff if you like but stay well away from his followers.

1 Like

Who?

/10 char

It how we are hard wired. Being ostracized from the tribe often meant death. So most people have strong genetic impulse to follow those that they deem to be authority figures or leaders.

No one thinks an influencer is a leader. Now if you had said that people flock to those with a like mind then I would have agreed. Its more in line with a cult following and trying to find a place where you think you fit in.

They are though, strangely enough. They start to parrot the people that they follow. A lot of them emulate and wish they were the person they follow.

For Booner’s it would have been the news and television/movie character’s. It’s funny how the subconscious works, you can know something is fake but it can still seep into your subconscious mind which can’t tell the difference.

Sort of. Many people just find meaning and direction by following others. That’s majority of people. That’s why so many people produce children, but shouldn’t be parents. They’re just following the path they’re suppose to. That’s why people consume so many bad video games(d4, DF, OW2)- they just follow what they’re told to, being obedient is survival for them. That’s why there’s so many followers in the world and so few leaders, and so few actual leaders in leadership roles (see; gov’t, your boss, etc).
Also, rubbing elbows with famous people can be a way to get ahead in life.

1 Like

FYI, people in a cult also parrot the people they follow. Step back for a second and let that new light shine on it for a moment.

He can tell his follows about someone in a negative light and they will start showing up to attack them. This same thing happened to that female influencer that everyone is using to get clicks now, SSSwolf or whatever her name is. Started by a Youtuber doing is usual “I hate reactors” nonsense and his followers all started harassing her, even off Youtube before she did something stupid and showed up at his house.

Very cult like insanity. As for the “boomers” comment, I do not recall any tv/movie show character having 100s, let alone 1000s or 100,000s of people flocking, in mass, doing the characters bidding. No, Star Trek conventions dont count, they are just cosplaying, they are not actively following something Captain Kirk said and going after someone.

Example, I love the movie A Christmas Story. I never bought Ovaltine because of the kid drinking it…and getting pissed over the commercial being the decoded message lol.

what does actually play WoW entail?

a sub is required to play classic and I’m sure MS Acti Blizz is happy to call those customers players…

The leader of a cult is still a leader.

In before the communities fight.

1 Like

I can see the correlation of cult leaders and influencers… :thinking:

i play wow and watch asmon sometimes.

He is not a WoW streamer, he is mostly a reactor.

The reasons for following are far different and affects a much smaller portion of the population.

Everyone has a leader they follow, like it or not as every place on earth is governed. Only a tiny portion of the population will blindly follow that leader to the point of going after others.