I feel like Asmongold's viewers don't actually play WoW

Not even like they’re former players, or they play classic. Asmongold’s chat seems like a bunch of Zoomers who’ve never touched the game before. The way they speak about the game is as if they know about it but they’ve never experienced it first hand. This goes for other big wow streamers like Sodapoppin too.

It seems like for Zoomers WoW is a game they watch other people play rather than joining in themselves.

10 Likes

Who?

/10 char

20 Likes

I’m glad you felt strongly enough about a streamers chat to post this here.

19 Likes

This is because most of them played until Wrath, quit, and often just parrot the same mostly incorrect opinions Asmongold has even though he’s never been a good player and has been especially washed-up since mid-Legion, all the while romanticizing a version of the game that pretty much never existed.

18 Likes

Thanks I’ve spent many years studying the topic and will be publishing an article discussing it in Nature soon.

3 Likes

Youre wrong but nice try

They are fools following a Hypocrite :rofl:

7 Likes

So? Asmongold is a sellout that stands for nothing that does not get him views. He is important in the eyes of no one but his followers. How about we talk about some other useless people now…the fact they are even called “influencers” says everything about people on social media. Sheep to be led.

9 Likes

bad thread is bad

4 Likes

True tbh. Liquid Maximum is super good, way prefer him over other WoW streamers. He’s got real mythic raiding credentials and is super chill.

1 Like

He went months without streaming World of Warcraft until recently. Not really any different than what many other streamers do where they have a wide variety array of content that they stream, reactionary videos, different games, and what not, he’s not really any different in that regard.

So his entire audience isn’t going to be people that play World of Warcraft or have played it in the past even if that’s what he’s best known for.

3 Likes

Oh, look, an advertisement. :coffee:

1 Like

An advertisement calling him out?

why would they play a game their god on high doesn’t?

1 Like

Feel and Asmongold does not compute.

2 Likes

He did a poll on his viewers and most of them play wow classic or final fantasy now. most of them do not play retail.

3 Likes

Given how many people talk about how they log in just to get the pets and mounts without listening, Id say most of the stats are not real.

But Blizzard dont seem to care. They pay them anyway. Which is just bizarre.

1 Like

That’s most streamer/youtubers.

One that I believe has integrity, Josh Strife Hayes.

1 Like

Asmon just contradicts himself every day and if you don’t spam TRUE in chat he bans you

4 Likes

True. And the little streamers/content creators that are positive and really good get little recognition. Like HazelNuttyGames

2 Likes