I feel like Asmongold's viewers don't actually play WoW

He’s not entertaining. He’s only entertaining to elitists.

So unless you find a person who mocks the casual playerbase entertaining, he’s not that entertaining

Enhance…

ENHANCE.

I think I see the problem.

Also, this thread has the dumb.

Same boat here. I played Vanilla. I played TBC at launch. I can’t be bothered to do all of that again. It was fun for its time.

D2R I still play once in a blue moon though because D2 was that good.

These days it’s usually just FO4 heavily modded or Terraria. I don’t have much time for anything else.

If Classic were actually Classic Plus and got the revenue it deserved (expansions and such, AU kind of narrative course correction) it would be a massive improvement for the abandoned older audience. You could maybe merge the two and just have some major switch between Classic and Retail around LFD/LFR, around open world then versus now. But the story would need to be carefully straddled over a very large and diverse audience which isn’t easy.

So I think it should just be how it is now but a lot more cash should be invested in Classic.

1 Like

i play all versions of wow and like them for different reasons
classic era for the camaraderie
classic wotlk for the upgrades
classic hardcore for the challenge
retail for all the bells and whistles.
i’m a boomer. and female. mom of 3, wife of 1.

Righteous, I can agree with all of that. I mean I know it probably isn’t going to happen, but it would be the best course of action.

1 Like

I’m a casual. I don’t M+ and I don’t raid seriously. I don’t care about best builds, but I play to the best of my ability and build my character using abilities I find fun and look for synergies. I’ve never felt attacked by Asmongold or any streamer for that matter.

What specifically are you talking about? I’ve been watching his YouTube videos for several years now. Mainly starting with his Classic stuff and then branching out to his souls-likes playthrough’s.

Entertaining is subjective. For instance, I don’t find world quests, M+, or other chores in this game entertaining, so I don’t do them.

There are atypicals and typicals. I have four sisters. None of them play video games. My mother who is a boomer plays Candy Crush on her phone. A lot of the time they would watch soap operas when we were kids. They hated the movies and comic books the boys were interested in.

So while women like you exist there are a ALOT of women not like you. That’s the fair assessment.

Im sorry, who?

1 Like

well i’m a scifi fan, so i liked predator also, though it scared me it wasnt as scary as alien and aliens. and predator vs. aliens was yikes. for awhile after seeing alien, i would not watch aliens. when i finally did, i was kicking myself lol that poor little girl . yikes. anyway, our whole family are wow fans. my oldest son gave it up so he could focus on a career and gets his gamer fix by playing hearhstone.

You’re definitely entitled to your narrow opinion.

I accept the lack of attempting to prove that wrong as a sign of having a narrow opinion.

1 Like

lol, bam pow bonk!

1 Like

When he did “rate the mog” thing, he constantly belittled casual players for not trying to do mythic or high-end pvp content for “better” mogs

During his “mount offs” he belittled anyone who did not have a very rare mount or hard to get mount

I guess I just really don’t get the Asmongold hate.

People will scream around here about how he’s trash, a horrible person, insignificant, ext, and then make sure to point out how he isn’t even important enough for them to know who he even is, usually in the the very same sentence. And they do so in EVERY single thread where he’s mentioned.

Guy has made millions streaming this game. If you don’t like, don’t watch. It’s really pretty simple.

But please be better at hiding your jelly. Because most of yall ain’t trying. Like, at all.

2 Likes

That’s not exactly how his comps went. Over hundred people would sign up for his comps so yeah he’s going to rip someone that takes a slot wearing a damn set.

Yeah and they deserved it. The point is to beat Asmon, who has an impressive collection of mounts. Why are you signing up to compete with him when you don’t even have your Frenzied Feltalon?

It’s one thing to have them lose and have a little fun with it

Then there’s a line of being a total ahole to the losers. He crossed that line a lot

And guess what? They love it. That’s why they sign up.

You’re acting like these people are fragile flowers. They know that he acts that way because it’s funny as hell.

1 Like
3 Likes

Oh snap he’s back doing it? Nice. Thanks for the link.

Yeah Predator 1987 wasn’t scary. It was just a cool movie. Aliens didn’t scare me though. The Exorcist did and so did Jaws. I think I was six years old when I saw the Exorcist the first time. So understandably it was very scary.

My old man would get rentals like The Evil Dead and we’d watch that stuff on the weekends together. So I was pretty desensitized to it all after awhile. But this really points to how the culture of the masculine side reinforces the same.

I look at how the new models in WoW look and I think to myself how many of those artists grew up on Disney movies. A lot I bet.

1 Like