I feel like Asmongold's viewers don't actually play WoW

I think asmon is entertaining but he needs to be kept in perspective. People always project competence onto people who are popular when they should project charisma/agreeability or that they’re fascinating; a spectacle.

I don’t really know much about his fans tbh. Twitch is toxic slop and I never look at the chat.

Well, if we are talking about competence in gaming, I can assure you his fans know perfectly well how incompetent he is when it comes to gaming. His Cyberpunk playthroughs were painful to see lol.

1 Like

Their fanboys (and girls) and mostly yes-men. dosen’t mean they have to play the game.

1 Like

and the cheese in dark souls was known but he did not about them is another funny one

Talking about a game, reacting to a video of a video game or posts about a video game. Rumors, fake drama…its trash.

Not all talk shows were about “you are not the father” but all of the talk shows were trash TV. Influencers content literally does zero for my life when the internet is overflowing with actual quality entertainment.

1 Like

No, they don’t, and Asmon confirmed that. However, some do and that’s why his mount offs and transmog comps were so popular and hard to get into.

He’s an ignorant fool so the fact that his followers are also ignorant fools does not surprise me at all.

He’s everything I hate about this new streaming fad. Some balding hipster, acting like he knows things when he’s an idiot. There are many “influencers” that I’ll actually watch (always with a grain of salt), but he just isn’t one. He isn’t interesting. Period.

2 Likes

They played it. They prefer Classic because the product is what they loved.

Retail is asinine and boring. Narrative sucks. World design sucks. Class design is not so good. I personally can’t bring myself to play the game either. I login, sit there for 5-10 minutes and log out to play FO4, Terraria or something else instead.

It doesn’t matter what lipstick is put on the pig. It’s still not desirable to us. That said it wasn’t made for us either. It has its own audience and those people aren’t the people playing Classic.

2 Likes

i have felt this way also

1 Like

Well you are right about that, my friends playing classic can complain about retail all day, and I as a retail player can complain about classic equally as long.

I really hate that they’ve split the base that way, now it isn’t enough that I know a wow player IRL but they aren’t on my server or aren’t in my faction, now it’s that they aren’t even in my era.

At least they now understand why most of us are SOLO.

1 Like

None of us will ever convince someone that watches social media people do stupid things that its trash.

I have actually seen people get into a heated argument trying to say that the Kardashians are legit the greatest entertainment in the history of television almost to the point of becoming violent.

Some people cannot accept the fact there is something they enjoy a great deal is low level. Funny because you can often hear someone that loves to fish admit that its boring to most people.

2 Likes

you’ve been fished.

now let’s start a riot.

1 Like

I watch Asmon and have played WoW since 2004. He’s finally has gotten to age that I can tolerate his antics. I do believe he’s pretty smart and gives real answers to what has gone wrong with this game. I think he stills plays, he just doesn’t talk about it. ~

his persona is sometimes not that funny
his other videos he is not the same as his wow videos

I watch Asmongold all the time. He’s hilarious.

I also play WoW constantly, with 650+ days logged of play time.

I call 'em Asmon Andy’s.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I find it so hilarious when the entire chat switches on a dime from absolutely trashing the game to saying it’s saved and is amazing the entire time because Asmon says one thing. Like, they’ve been dumping on Dragonflight all year. But the second Asmon starts playing retail on stream and is actually enjoying it? Omigosh suddenly WoW is good?!?

They’re the cattle and Asmon is the farm dog apparently

1 Like

It’s a complicated issue but I think it was unavoidable. The generational shift is massive between boomers, Xers and millennials. Most of those working at Blizzard today are millennials and there are a lot of Xers and older millennials playing Classic. There are also a lot more female developers than there used to be. So the story, the game, how it became so soft and all of that links back to the demographic change that is irreversible.

I’m an Xer myself. My idea of a good movie is Predator 1987. Most of the good movies were 80s movies. I don’t like this “Warcraft.” I want Warcraft like most of those Classic players want. I want the story telling of Garrosh, Gul’dan, Arthas and such.

So I don’t think the current team has an interest in the old Warcraft. Maybe the new leadership will turn that around but it’s hard to be a dictator when it’s easier to just go along to get along. I think they’ll go along.

So… Classic is there for the older crowd. I truly hope they understand these communities have irreconcilable differences though. It doesn’t make financial sense for retail to be eating the revenue classic generates. Whatever percent classic generates in revenue should go to classic. Classic should be Classic Plus which essentially represents the interests of the older crowd playing it.

3 Likes

I’m 40+ years old, married with kids, 6 figure career, veteran, a college grad, and I watch Asmongold on YouTube. He’s smart, has common sense, and is entertaining to watch.

Don’t judge a streamers viewers based on a vocal minority.

I’m a supporter of people doing whats best for them and their life. It’s that’s stimulating themselves intellectually or consuming trash media to entertain yourself, then go for it.

The world can be pretty bleak and unforgiving, I don’t blame people looking for ways to distract themselves after their responsibilities are dealt with.

As an Xer myself and a huge fan of 1987 predator, I see where you’re coming from but it hasn’t really interrupted me as a retail player. Yes, I spent half of this expansion unsubbed, but I can’t go back to classic. Not because the story is bad, but because the progress is bad.

I guess that’s where I differ from some. I’m not really concerned with the story as much as I am feeling like an hour of my time was well spent.