I don't understand the black blood elf drama

Except asian culture within’ vendors in humans have existed for quite some time. Also they had darker skinned humans but the skin colors got lightened, I remember because I remember a few people being up in arms about it that I had known at that time. Regardless of this fact :roll_eyes: I feel like this conversation has gotten old at this point. Diversity can exist in anything, and should be known to exist in anything. And likely existed in everything from the beginning, it just wasn’t customized properly.

There were even darker than other high elven skin tones in a book that were noted to be from islands. Darker skin tones have existed. Darker skin tones can easily make sense. Any form of diversity from humans have existed.

1 Like

Alternative explanation:
Blood Elf: “I got a tan, doesn’t it look fabulous?!”

4 Likes

correct

already did after blizzcon, can’t complain about same stuff forever

DROW… that is all.

3 Likes

Belfs could also invoke magic to change the color of skin. It’s a common plot device used but it would work in the case of belf vanity.

I hope it’s because the datamining isn’t finished yet.

I don’t understand this reasoning. Kael’thas should have explicitly said “no blood elf should ever have dark skin” for that not to happen?

There isn’t anything in lore saying gnomes can’t turn into Godzilla. So…

You’re comparing an apple to a carrot. Tell me, whats the problem with black blood elves?

We already have them.

WoW calls them Nightborne.

Separated from their people due to a great cataclysmic and dividing war? :white_check_mark:
Alterred by their isolation? :white_check_mark:
Maternal society? :white_check_mark:
Plagued by great houses, and devoted to the improvement and internal conflict amongst those houses? :white_check_mark:
‘Hidden’ City? :white_check_mark:
Spiders? (Fal’dorei) :white_check_mark:
Darker skin than their origins and white hair? :white_check_mark:
Magic/over complicated melee style focused? :white_check_mark:
Bad guys? :white_check_mark:
We have the naive, but betrayed and fallen protagonist in the story line, Thalryssa Do’urden.

No I’m not.

The problem is there is no logic behind it, just like gnomes turning into Godzilla.

Tan elves aren’t “black” though. There’s a hell of a lot more involved with being “black” than just having dark brown skin. Honestly it’s kind of sad that that even needs to be said.

Also, the fact that way more people are complaining about super tan elves than are complaining about new racial options for humans ought to tell you that it’s not a racial thing. Folks just think the tan elf thing is stupid.

There’s plenty of logic. There’s literally nothing going against them, and since tan Blood Elves exist, then black Blood Elves can exist as well.

Just like the golden eyes, while they were never explicitly shown in game, they still were there lorewise.

And as for the apples and carrots, yes, you are doing that. Having a darker skin tone is not on the same level as “turning into godzilla.”

Please give me a better reason why it’s a bad addition. Because you have yet to give an explicit reason why it is bad.

Having an excuse like that for added customization of real life human like races to be added in game for various races we love can be seen as insulting. I would be insulted… Just pretend it was always there. That this is a much needed update to the game.

I love how hysterical people are getting over this.

If you’re going to criticize the “accuracy” of having PoC represented in the races, you’ll also have to criticize the “accuracy” of Vulpera existing (sentient fox people? what?), of dragons existing, of magical DPS numbers appearing above an enemy’s head when you hit them, and of all the other silly things that happen in WoW that are there for us as players to enjoy.

It’s fantasy. And not only is it fantasy, but it’s a game that does and should prioritize the player experience to “accuracy” (accuracy to what? to something they completely made up in the 90s? this isn’t real). Having PoC represented in the races enhances player experience, period. That’s what it’s there for. It’s to make it so people can enjoy the game better.

If a human or elf or whatever else with dark skin triggers you to the point of leaving WoW, good. I don’t want you here. Your skin is too thin.

3 Likes

Stop saying that brown elves represent “PoC.”

There are no “elf people of color” in the real world, and WoW is already getting racially diverse humans.

There’s no elves in the real world period, so why is it so bad that brown ones exist now?

6 Likes

Actually, people already complained about this…
the blood elf skin issue is talked about is due too how recent of info it is

Seems like people have given plenty of reasons for that already, not sure what I’d add there.

I’m more interested to know why you and others seem to think that “having really brown skin” can make a fantasy elf into a black person somehow.

Also, if people are such hateful bigots - why are the complaints focused on brown elves and not on the actual racially diverse options that humans are getting?

Incredible Universal Dye & Direhornplasty

Hi Elumai here payed spokes-goblin for the Barber Quartet Cartel, the same goblins that brought you the posture corrector.

I am happy to announce that our team of Inkologists have discovered revolutionary new type of dyes. With these dyes we can change or add additional color(s) to your hair, body, and eyes.
•If your fur needs some highlights, we can do that.
•Tired of your pasty white skin, we can darken it up for you.
•Don’t like green eyes (why would you not like green eyes?), we can inject new color into them.

THATS NOT ALL!!

We recently come into a surplus of Direhorn horns courtesy of the Nesingwary Group. Our team of surgical scientist have developed a technique using the horn, which they call Direhornplasty.
•With these techniques they are capable of reshaping your face. Allowing you to sport a new look to showoff to your friends or hide from the law (WARNING: if this service is used to hide from law-enforcement, expect a surcharge to be applied), we can do that.

Be on the lookout for these new services and more towards the end of the year.

This announcement was brought to you by the Barber Quartet Cartel in conjunction with the U.G.L.Y. Cartel. To provide those individuals a lore reason on why there will be additional racial customizations.

1 Like

I agree that the customization options should always have been there. But they weren’t, and the way the original lore was built they wouldn’t have been for High/Blood Elves specifically.

The Quel’dorei were described as having shrunk in stature than their Kal’dorei roots, and their skin having paled over the millennia as they began to worship the Sun and Arcane magics versus the Moon and Elune.

That right there is the only reason I consider valid for anyone complaining about Dark-skinned Blood Elves.

However, I’m all for adding customization to the game and allowing players to look and be as they are in real life, or to live a complete fantasy with their character.

To not conflict with the established lore, something as simple as ‘a wizard did it.’ fits to allow the new customization, while not contradicting established Lore. It also feeds into the established vanity of the Quel’dorei specifically.

For Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, or any other race? There should be no argument against more and varied customizations. WoW has always had a variety of skin tones available for humans, though I recall there were issues with the model updates and some skin tones being removed or altered. ‘A Wizard did it’ for them shouldn’t really be there and acting as though they were always there would be just fine for those races in my opinion.

1 Like