I don't understand the black blood elf drama

Blizzard has long since done that.

1 Like

They won’t get blood elves of any color there, but I’m sure that’s half the point.

Where? I’ve been unable to find any art, books, short stories, comics, etc at all of this.

It’s not just about the playable character, though. They’ve never had any dark skinned elves in any art, cinematiac, etc. anything. It’s leading me to believe they’re purely doing this for money reasons which is a real shame.

I’d be fine with that, but there’s no real progression. We have blood elves & high elves are a fair skinned race, that’s what they’re more or less defined by. Then out of nowhere they get the exact opposite shades of skin. It’d just be nice to know the exact reasoning, regardless of whether they’re willing to tell us or not.

Which is fine, but they haven’t changed since they’ve been made. It’d be just like any other race all of a sudden getting skin tones that we’ve never seen before for that race without any explanation, it’s weird and doesn’t make sense.

Of course not and like I said, I’m more than fine with it if there’s some explanation like red from fel, blue from void, dark is from…? Just natural sun? Is there some lore driving this? Is it purely a hope to make more money and stomp on lore?

1 Like

Maybe they’re just Mag’har Elves.

3 Likes

Well, BC is coming to classic soon enough.

Classic (and BC soon) will be waiting for you if you don’t want black elves. Enjoy :clown_face:

2 Likes

The drama is that in a game where people can turn into cats, birds, transluscent wolves etc, shoot flames from their hands, and fully heal themselves by eating a hunk of cheese while riding a giant rat and wearing yeti pajamas, elves with dark skin apparently strains credulity.

15 Likes

I agree with you.

3 Likes

Can we stop making threads about this?

4 Likes

What’s to complain? I don’t care about colors or…whatever: If you’re Horde, I’ma smack ya around but GOOD.

2 Likes

I think it’s funny how people don’t realize that all these new choices are actually going to be abused to troll with. I guarantee with the community out there on the internet there will be lots of trolling.

1 Like

Is there a direct lore link to anything saying elves are supposed to be fair skinned in WoW though? I’ve read some stuff before but it’s been a while. They became smaller and lost the blue/purple coloration over time, but I don’t know if it specifically says fair.

1 Like

Bring it, my adorable little hellion!

1 Like

Do you need things spelt out other than their appearance in literally every form of warcraft media to this date?

2 Likes

Yeah but… dark skinned elves exist in the books and comics… so…

3 Likes

Well there’s several things to consider, that in wow lore that it is true that humans descended from giants in the cold north, but if humans lived in Tanaris for example over the course of a few centuries then they would evolve darker skin to protect themselves from the sun?

White skin is a disadvantage in hotter climates.

There’s nothing pre-established that says none of the diversity couldn’t exist. I see no problem with having any of these skin color options.

But for some reason people want to start drama.

2 Likes

I think the real question is why do Draenei still get nothing but some shade of blue or purple??

1 Like

I don’t get the drama either. People have no problem accepting the idea that a blood elf can be walking undead (a concept that’s scientifically impossible). Try suggesting belfs can have pigmentation variation (which exist in humans in the real world and scientifically explainable) and some will freak out.

It’s a game, let players choose character designs they want and live and let live.

:peace_symbol:

The Inuit/Aleut tribes have lived in Alaska and western Canada for thousands of years: they are dark-skinned, with very little variation to that.
The Aboriginals of Austraila are VERY dark; they have been in that land since whenever.
Regions of occupation just don’t add up.