I don't understand how multiboxing is different that botting

That’s what it means, yes.

This is when this quote gets applied:

3 Likes

While ignoring the most import part of my post, how convenient

1 - You are only able to control one character directly. You are only able to adapt to situations to one character directly. In order to adapt using many different characters (with out a program assisting you) you will need to switch to each character and adjust accordingly, there is no other way

Except it’s not. I send instructions to the program and the program obeys. The program only relays those instructions. If I send no instruction… nothing happens.

It actually very much does. This is what makes it not like botting.

You’re free to have any opinion you want… but you’re wrong.

1 Like

Again you are picking and choosing to fill your narrative.

Is this statement true, “In order to adapt using many different characters (with out a program assisting you) you will need to switch to each character and adjust accordingly, there is no other way”

The important part is is there a Human making the commands? The other characters don’t automatically generate abilities without the Human telling it, to do so. It’s a clear and define difference.

I understand the replication is irritating to some people, but it’s not botting.

2 Likes

Picking and choosing…? What are you talking about? I’m simply stating facts.

Not necessarily, it depends on your hotkey setup.

Sure, based upon the premise of 3rd party software which distributes that keystroke to multiple game clients.

First of all, against ToS; second of all, completely obnoxious.

If you’re asking me to explain why multiboxing shouldn’t be permissible, having a conversation with you literally isn’t a worthy application of my time and effort.

I’ve addressed this as well,

“3 - Since you are only able to directly control one character that means a program is controlling every other character. It doesn’t matter that someone is directly giving the program inputs what does matter is a program is using those inputs to control your character(s)”

Botting is when you are controlling a character indirectly. You are making adjustments on one character and a program is using those commands and playing every other character. When a program controls a character that is botting

Multiboxxing is paying Blizzard for an advantage.

Botting is paying someone else for an advantage.

Except it’s not.

So either you’re so arrogant that you don’t think a reasonable person could disagree with you, or, you have nothing further to contribute and can’t back up your arguments. Ok.

Bro, using 3rd party software is against ToS. That’s a fact.

That’s exactly right.

I don’t have any desire to converse with people who aren’t reasonable, because it’s a waste of my time.

Post it then.

The funny thing is if your intelligence matched your arrogance you would not have admitted that.

Me too. That the program doesn’t automatically make those characters do their abilities without the command from the Human.

1 Like

“Now people are of the opinion botting only means when a program indepently controls a character without any human involvement. I’m of the opinion botting is when a program controls a character, it doesn’t matter how the program is getting the inputs what matters is the end result, a program is taking these inputs and controlling a character”

(WoW forums Poster): Add in a 3rd party program. You press ONE button and all 5 screens react. How exactly is that fair/legit? It’s not. The ability to control 5 computers at once with 1 single keyboard and 1 single press of a button is automation. The ability to make your characters cast their individual spells and skills at once by pressing 1 button is automation.

Is not automation by our standards. This is why multi-boxing is just fine. Multi-boxing, currently, is not a violation of our policies. That is all.” – Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster 2013

Now, we’re back to square one:

Just answer this, is this statement true,

1 - You are only able to control one character directly. You are only able to adapt to situations to one character directly. In order to adapt using many different characters (with out a program assisting you) you will need to switch to each character and adjust accordingly, there is no other way

edit: REMEMBER i am saying without a program assisting you

Who cares? What point are you making? Can you control your character without the WoW client…?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-notes-may-13/490669/4?u=ardenns-rexxar

Apparently 3rd party multiboxing software is “expressly authorized by Blizzard,” given that multiboxing isn’t punishable, which is a sign of the times we live in. The game doesn’t matter to the company that makes it. Only the money matters.

1 Like

It matters because it strikes at the heart of the argument. Is my statement true?