I don't understand how multiboxing is different that botting

Oops.

10char

Which is what?

Two things can be true, at the same.

Replication is not botting.

Remember, I’m fully aware some people don’t like the replication and feel it’s cheating. But, I will not agree that it’s botting.

1 Like

Since you are unwilling to answer my question I will continue as if you agree with my statement

Since you are only able to control one character directly when a program is now inbetween you and the character you are playing that means that program is now playing that character

It doesn’t matter if you are controlling one character because a program is now playing every other character. You can only play one character and when a program plays a characters that is botting, it doesn’t matter how the program is getting its inputs

edit: man I’m saying the same thing over and over. I’m done

I mean, I understand the need to do such things if you feel like you’re in a weak position.

So you’re saying that my steering wheel is in control of my car?

So you’re saying the WoW client plays my characters?

This is probably because you’re wrong.

Your steering wheel isn’t controlling 5 cars. : /

It’s not difficult to understand, dude.

So if I had a remote that sent instructions to 5 cars, the remote would be in control, not me?

It really isn’t, but for some reason you people are having a lot of trouble with it.

1 Like

Listen, dude. When I fearbomb multiboxing players, their characters return to the location of the control character on an automated basis.

There is an artificial intelligence controlling those characters. Your remote accomplishes some semblance of automation even if that automation is guided by player action. It’s 1 player and 4 bots.

That’s because they press a hotkey that sends the command “follow (character)”. It’s not automated. A player has to make the decision and press the button. They also have to run around to get within follow range to collect their team.

LOL HAHAHAHA - no.

There are zero bots.

That may have been true 6 or 7 years ago dude but these days the characters literally stack on top of each other. There’s no /follow mechanic occuring; it’s automated.

Don’t try and toy with me like I don’t know what I’m talking about, dude. I have played against these characters. They’re not /following.

You may not be aware, but when you have multiple toons following 1 character, the following toons all stack on eachother…

I’m not toying with you. I am those characters. I have a macro set up to F2 “/follow (leader)”. I have to press F2. My toons then follow my main and stack up behind him. There’s no automation involved.

They stack ON the character of control, not behind it like they used to.

I’ve never seen that happen, and I am not aware of how this would be done. If you think someone is using automation, report them; automation is against the ToS. Multiboxing, even with broadcast software, is not.

You’re acting like the ToS is an ineffable code of laws written on a tablet of stone. Other people are going to make the argument that broadcast software is 3rd party manipulation of the game client.

I’m here to make the case that even if multiboxing, as Blizzard defines it, isn’t against ToS it should be, because the premise of 1 player controlling 5 characters is stupid, and negatively impacts the immersive nature of the game.

They have less subs because multiboxing is permitted. Not more. It makes their game look stupid.

The ToS can be changed at the drop of a hat if somebody even half competent at managing the integrity of a pay-to-play game is in charge of it.

It’s interesting how before, you were throwing the ToS around saying multiboxing was against the ToS. Now that you’ve been proven wrong, you’ve changed your attitude regarding the ToS. This is faulty thinking based on feelings and not facts or logic.

And they’re wrong, as every debate for the past 15 years has concluded.

This is not an actual argument.

Citation needed.

How is that not an argument? lol

That argument is as good as any.

Multiboxing is stupid, and blizzard shouldn’t permit players to do it.

Because it doesn’t go anywhere. It’s just your opinion. Lot’s of things can be thought of as “stupid”. Does that mean they should be banned? Maybe you think so - okay, so what’s your argument? So far you haven’t presented one.

On the contrary, it goes to all the valid reasons why I hold that opinion, and why I think it serves the best interests of the game and its players.

It’d be much more difficult to justify, then to refute multiboxing from that perspective, huh.

Which are?

Look. If you are a “reasonable person” as you suggest, I shouldn’t have to enumerate them, because it’s fairly common sense. It shouldn’t require an explanation assuming we’re both intelligent.

But for your benefit, I will briefly spell out some of the primary ones.

Multiboxing is an affront to the senses.

The world of Azeroth is a pretty immersive place – especially in classic, where everything from the combat systems to the way characters move throughout the world adheres to some semblance of realism.

Running a dungeon? Walk there. Low on health? Eat some food or bandage or something. While leveling, most characters struggle to defeat more than 1 or 2 NPC’s at a time.

You’re playing your character in this immersive world, and then see this obtrusive creature walk past like an abomination, built as the sum of 4-5 different characters. It feels like accidentally coming across some really kinky crap on the internet, and it’s embarrassing, even for the player who simply observes it, because it makes it feel like the game is broken when 1 player is abusing this mechanic to solo group content and level their characters all at once – entirely circumventing the aspects of the game which are some of its most integral parts.

It isn’t healthy for players engaging in the behavior

These people are obviously spending $75+ every month to accomplish multiboxing with their accounts. The company should step in and protect these players from their own desire to succeed at the game by abusing multiple accounts – not only for the integrity of the game; but also because paying that amount of money to play it doesn’t seem appropriate.

It breaks game mechanics

Interesting story. One time I was in a match of AV. We were winning, and had pushed the Alliance all the way back to the bridge. There, we encountered 1 player multiboxing like 27 deathknights. All he had to do to completely wipe our team was press D&D. It lagged up the game so much when 27 D&D spell effects dropped at once that players couldn’t move out of it, and it would kill players in a matter of several seconds.

The game became unplayable, and our only choice was to leave the instance. 1 player ruined the game for 40 players, and I almost quit the game over it.

By allowing multiboxing, Blizzard isn’t living up to the quality standards I expect from them, and that they should rightly expect from themselves. That’s about the size of it. If they intend to suggest that they depend on this stream of revenue in order to support their development team? Maybe it’s time to down-size.

shrug

They have entire departments devoted to projects that many WoW players don’t even engage with, and we’re frequently the ones fronting the bill for them.