I don't understand how multiboxing is different that botting

Technically the player could respond to a GM on any of the characters they are controlling so its not botting per say.

I think there should be an upper limit on Multi-boxing and its closer to a single group than it is to max raid team. Watching some of the 40 man botters on twtich is kinda clear they are really pushing what is and is not botting when you start to get in to full raid territory. Not to mention the economic implications.

one of these things adds multiple recurring subscriptions to blizzards bank account from one person. The other does not.

1 Like

Yes it is. Every character not directly controlled by a person using peripherals 8s automated.

All characters are directly controlled by the player.

1 Like

Computers…How do they work?

And if the player doesn’t press any keys, the 4 other “mimic” characters stand there doing nothing.

Also in mixed class boxes, probably the only things being “mimiced” are target, follow, and probably something like strafe to break follow.

Based on what?

No they are not. Its a third party program that sends commands based on key press. The peripheral is not controlling the character. The program is.

So you just don’t understand the very basic concepts, got it.

1 keystroke per action, not hard to understand, that third party program you don’t understand but keep bringing up is not generating anything.

1 Like

Multiboxing was around in vanilla. So you want changes to make classic less authentic?

1 Like

“1 keystroke per action”
what really happens: 1 keystroke 5* actions

*or whatever number of characters 1 player is controlling

hmmm

So you’re saying that the person pressing the key is in control of the character? Strange take.

Each character takes 1 action.

The thing about botting is that it’s a program reacting to predetermined in game events in lieu of a player actively making decisions. I used to play a text based MUD which actually allowed players to write scripts to play their characters for them. I once wrote a script for a thief that would attack skin and loot monsters. When monsters weren’t around the script would recognize that and tell my character to stalk other players, appraise the value of their items, and pick their pockets. If that wasn’t available I had a different script which would command my character to forage around for materials which could then be used to make weapons and other items. The script would identify which materials I had foraged and then send the appropriate commands to create the item, including waiting for cool down. It would even run to the local store and sell stuff I didn’t want. I once ran this script for 19 consecutive hours and the only input I ever had was to click the start button to get it going and then check back occasionally to make sure it was still running. This is botting.

Multiboxing only works if a player is present and responding to the game. For example, I have two marksman hunters which open combat with aimed shot. I press the proper keybind and they both cast aimed shot. I can see why this could be considered to break the one key press one action requirement but the thing is, that keybind uses a macro which also sends the pets in to attack IE:

#showtooltip Aimed Shot
/petattack
/cast Aimed Shot

This is a macro anyone could use and requires no special programs. If Blizzards own macros allow for more than one command per key press then the definition of one press one action from earlier is incorrect.

Look, regardless of whether multiboxing is considered against ToS or not, it should be – and that’s inherently obvious to everyone on earth, except for blizzard execs apparently.

I understand it perfectly fine. 1 keystroke per action on 5 accounts is 5 actions. Meaning you press a key…the THIRD PARTY PROGRAM replicate that key stroke 4 times on 4 different accounts. “not hard to understand” Learn basic math. you are wrong. PERIOD. Stop trying to justify it. with retarded arguments.

FOR THE 2534664586856895 TIME, you can multi-box on a bare windows install with nothing else but wow, no addons or anything. you don’t need 3rd party software.

2 Likes

Why?

10char

Each character takes 1 action based on that keystroke. Multiboxing is here to stay and there’s nothing you can do about it. Stay mad.

How dare we!

2 Likes

I’m going to try to make this as easy as possible, IMO this is why multiboxing (when you use a program to mimic your actions across many characters) is similar to botting

1 - You are only able to control one character directly. You are only able to adapt to situations to one character directly. In order to adapt using many different characters (with out a program assisting you) you will need to switch to each character and adjust accordingly, there is no other way

2 - Multiboxing allows you to control one character directly then, using a program, mimics your actions across many other characters allowing you to control many characters at the same time

3 - Since you are only able to directly control one character that means a program is controlling every other character. It doesn’t matter that someone is directly giving the program inputs what does matter is a program is using those inputs to control your character(s)

Now people are of the opinion botting only means when a program indepently controls a character without any human involvement. I’m of the opinion botting is when a program controls a character, it doesn’t matter how the program is getting the inputs what matters is the end result, a program is taking these inputs and controlling a character