I don't understand how multiboxing is different that botting

“Now people are of the opinion botting only means when a program indepently controls a character without any human involvement. I’m of the opinion botting is when a program controls a character, it doesn’t matter how the program is getting the inputs what matters is the end result, a program is taking these inputs and controlling a character”

(WoW forums Poster): Add in a 3rd party program. You press ONE button and all 5 screens react. How exactly is that fair/legit? It’s not. The ability to control 5 computers at once with 1 single keyboard and 1 single press of a button is automation. The ability to make your characters cast their individual spells and skills at once by pressing 1 button is automation.

Is not automation by our standards. This is why multi-boxing is just fine. Multi-boxing, currently, is not a violation of our policies. That is all.” – Malkatorix, Blizzard Poster 2013

Now, we’re back to square one:

Just answer this, is this statement true,

1 - You are only able to control one character directly. You are only able to adapt to situations to one character directly. In order to adapt using many different characters (with out a program assisting you) you will need to switch to each character and adjust accordingly, there is no other way

edit: REMEMBER i am saying without a program assisting you

Who cares? What point are you making? Can you control your character without the WoW client…?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-development-update-notes-may-13/490669/4?u=ardenns-rexxar

Apparently 3rd party multiboxing software is “expressly authorized by Blizzard,” given that multiboxing isn’t punishable, which is a sign of the times we live in. The game doesn’t matter to the company that makes it. Only the money matters.

1 Like

It matters because it strikes at the heart of the argument. Is my statement true?

Oops.

10char

Which is what?

Two things can be true, at the same.

Replication is not botting.

Remember, I’m fully aware some people don’t like the replication and feel it’s cheating. But, I will not agree that it’s botting.

1 Like

Since you are unwilling to answer my question I will continue as if you agree with my statement

Since you are only able to control one character directly when a program is now inbetween you and the character you are playing that means that program is now playing that character

It doesn’t matter if you are controlling one character because a program is now playing every other character. You can only play one character and when a program plays a characters that is botting, it doesn’t matter how the program is getting its inputs

edit: man I’m saying the same thing over and over. I’m done

I mean, I understand the need to do such things if you feel like you’re in a weak position.

So you’re saying that my steering wheel is in control of my car?

So you’re saying the WoW client plays my characters?

This is probably because you’re wrong.

Your steering wheel isn’t controlling 5 cars. : /

It’s not difficult to understand, dude.

So if I had a remote that sent instructions to 5 cars, the remote would be in control, not me?

It really isn’t, but for some reason you people are having a lot of trouble with it.

1 Like

Listen, dude. When I fearbomb multiboxing players, their characters return to the location of the control character on an automated basis.

There is an artificial intelligence controlling those characters. Your remote accomplishes some semblance of automation even if that automation is guided by player action. It’s 1 player and 4 bots.

That’s because they press a hotkey that sends the command “follow (character)”. It’s not automated. A player has to make the decision and press the button. They also have to run around to get within follow range to collect their team.

LOL HAHAHAHA - no.

There are zero bots.

That may have been true 6 or 7 years ago dude but these days the characters literally stack on top of each other. There’s no /follow mechanic occuring; it’s automated.

Don’t try and toy with me like I don’t know what I’m talking about, dude. I have played against these characters. They’re not /following.

You may not be aware, but when you have multiple toons following 1 character, the following toons all stack on eachother…

I’m not toying with you. I am those characters. I have a macro set up to F2 “/follow (leader)”. I have to press F2. My toons then follow my main and stack up behind him. There’s no automation involved.

They stack ON the character of control, not behind it like they used to.

I’ve never seen that happen, and I am not aware of how this would be done. If you think someone is using automation, report them; automation is against the ToS. Multiboxing, even with broadcast software, is not.