I don't thin lk people understand the RAF issue

But you can. Create the second account and gift it with game time from the acct with all the gold on it or send it the gold.

1 Like

Welp then that should be the answer for all of these threads - you can get it via in-game, so it’s fine.

1 Like

Absolutely

1 Like

That’s too much common sense for some to grasp, though. I mean just look through the comments and it’s extremely clear that the instant gratification crowd runs rampant. Ppl don’t want to wait, they just want to immediately jump on the “It’s not fair I can’t get this for such n such reason Blizz Bad!!” train.

I’m not saying Blizzard is a saint, as I’ve stated previously in this thread - there’s a LOT of work Blizz needs to do on the game in it’s current state - Classic is a band-aid to things that have been stewing for several xpacs - there’s so many things wrong with the game right now, but ppl want to complain about a stupid transmog?? rofl Priorities - laughable.

Again - you’re speaking of common sense. Common sense doesn’t belong here or in game - shame on you for this outlandish display!!! SHAME! SHAME! SHAM!

You’re Literally asking people the impossible here, anything cosmetic? “oh at least it’s just cosmetic, they don’t matter, it doesn’t matter if an artist put a lot of time behind that backpack to make it look good only to have it be behind a year paywaitingwall, at least it’s just cosmetic, so it doesn’t matter.”… then promptly forgot how the year of the lootbox started or that Fallout 76’s store they said it’s gonna be “cosmetic only” and added a fridge that isn’t cosmetic.

…But you have my empathy. I think Cosmetics are just as important as game content, after all the artists over at Blizzard are amazing, and while people do evangelize them to no end, they are sure as quick to write them off as “oh it doesn’t matter” when it comes to microtransactions. This is why Overwatch is in this sad state of lootboxes extravaganza.

And it’s sad to see their work get put behind a paywall like that, and i think the better way to respect their work is to put them behind challenging quests or whatnot, have them be unlocked by skill. :slight_smile:

Also just to clarify things, RAF isn’t Microtransactions, far from that but it’s no less disgusting that Blizzard expect us to wait for a year to get all the things these RAF rewards had to offer (the plane mount, backpack etc.) when these things should’ve been earned in game via by skill or whatnot, and sure as heck reeks like a microtransaction considering the store had a bigger spotlight then previous expansions. (Looking at WoWhead right now, BFA has 4 mounts so far. i feel it’s only gonna get more.)

Do you have any evidence to support your assertion that squirrels are impatient?

Well I mean no offence to companies these days, but a lot of them seem to be doing a good job trying to be the moral conscience of society. From Gilette to even some banks, I feel that a lot of companies are in fact trying to be certain peoples friends. Often though this comes at the cost of profit though, I admit that.

Me I would prefer companies to have a social conscience, but often this soon starts to feel like social engineering so I don’t know.

That all the mounts and cosmetics in the store are unique is not “subjective”. That they are the “best” is arguable sure.

We have no reason to believe it will be used in game so far. Especially considering if the mount trend holds where none of the mount models are re-used.

Sure… a veiled “loyalty” program. Just like the “free mount” for a 6-month sub is a veiled “promotion” … it’s a store mount. So let’s call a spade a spade.

Honestly I have no idea what this even means.

Really? Pretty a decent chunk of the forums disagree with you. There is certainly no shortage of recolors to earn in game. Maybe you’d like us to stop being so “ungrateful” … as if we didn’t pay $50 for BFA or continue to pay a $15 sub fee? Please.

Except it is actually. Roughly $200 one. Micro is a matter of perspective. It is definitely a transaction.

1 Like

You have no reason to believe it won’t be. This is just being pessimistic so you have something to complain about.

Nothing is “veiled.” :roll_eyes: It’s similar to other loyalty programs in other MMOs that started prior to those games going free to play.

You want to cheese the system and pay for another sub, that’s on you.

It means they took the cosmetics, half the mounts and half the pets out to keep the store small.

Go look in your mount, transmog and pet journal then come back and try to complain to me that you’re getting screwed somehow. And this forum is roughly one percent of the playerbase, so it’s meaningless to say that the forums are complaining.

Maybe try not to throw assumptions out there as some form of argument over things I never said.

No it isn’t. Pay for you subscription. Invite friends who will pay for theirs. There is zero additional money being paid. It’s only a sub fee. You get free stuff for people paying their sub linked to your account.

As I said, if you want to cheese the system, that’s on you. But it’s still only a sub fee. Absolutely zero extra money is being paid. And it’s not $200 for a year of sub time unless you’re not smart enough to buy it in six month blocks.

Microtransaction is not matter of perspective. And this certainly isn’t one. Pay your sub, friends pay their sub, get free stuff.

People need to stop twisting this for their own dramatic narrative.

2 Likes

*We. We transmoggers are upset. Not “us” transmoggers. I digress…

I’m an automobile enthusiast and I can tell you I’m super pissed that the new Bugatti Chiron is locked behind a $4 million paywall.

I’m a watch enthusiast and I can tell you I’m super pissed that an Omega Seamaster is locked behind a $3500 paywall.

I’m a comic book enthusiast and I can tell you I’m super pissed that a Walking Dead #1 is locked behind a $2500 paywall (especially since it’s the only one in the series that I am missing.)

I’m a …

You get it, right?

Further, there is no way for me to “recruit a friend,” and get a free Bugatti Chiron, Omega Seamaster, or a CGC 9.8 Walking Dead #1.

Yet, there is a way to recruit a friend and get the free backpack transmog.

/SMH

2 Likes

They really need to add more backpacks as a cloak option for real. Then I can pretend my staff is sticking out of my pack instead of hovering on my back. A hide weapons option would be swell too tbh.

^^ This ^^ Indeed

edit
*We. We transmoggers are upset. Not “us” transmoggers. I digress…
I will digress on this. As his sentence was “So many of us transmoggers and RPers are upset that a unique cloak design”
Many was his subject, not Us. So in this case, he was correct. As Many of US are upset.

Well the best you could say is “just as important to … you” because there is a factual difference between

• a cool looking two hand axe tmog
  • the BiS weapon with all the stats you need to maximize your damage (and threat) in end game content as say a blood dk

But hey, if you think trying to roll a M10 as a tank with a Legion legiondary and all MoP-level gear on stat-wise is ok, because you look good then more power to ya and rock on with your 190 ilevel :wink:

I have that thought cause Blizzard thinks cosmetics are also important as well, important enough to put them in lootboxes or sell them. To say “it’s just cosmetic it doesn’t matter” is to disrespect the artists who i think are talented artists that made the things we see today in WoW and even in other Blizzard products. And Blizzard imo are doing a disservice to the artists this way and much rather see this stuff earned which would make us appreciate it more.

And no i don’t want things for free, i want things to be reasonable. Just because you made something free, doesn’t mean it’s gonna be worth anything. You can make Anthem and Fallout 76 free, and they’ll still be equally worthless. If anything, people would look at it and say “hey those games are going f2p, i guess the devs gave up and filling it with MTX” (Hell you can pay me 60 bucks and i wouldn’t play them more then an hour.) Meanwhile i bought Spyro for 40 bucks at launch and it’s totally worth it in my opinion. (that and it doesn’t have MTX and Toys for Bob has became my new God. :angel:) And making it free or optional doesn’t free it from criticism, nothing is free from criticism. I know this part came out of left field, but this is important to remember as well.

And if people genuinely don’t care about Cosmetics or don’t think it matters, why were their a big hissy fit over Tracer’s butt from Overwatch like years ago? or that one draenei from an April fools day joke? or how come we are pretty darn split on the old vs new models? or constantly praise the artists if it’s just cosmetic and it doesn’t matter? Hell why praise good graphics style or anything if it’s just cosmetic and it doesn’t matter if that’s your attitude? (no i’m not talking about you, i’m talking about those people who think like this) The thing is, it does matter. It matters a whole lot, you might think it’s dumb, but it is important, we considered it important. If we don’t then we would be fine with Overwatch looking like Call of Duty instead of Overwatch.

I have no idea how the hell you arrived to that conclusion. Not sure what point your trying to make there, but to answer it anyways, that’s not what i’m saying at all.

Also, you forgot we have transmog, So we can look good while also have a good ilvl. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And Also i’m pretty sure you can’t roll on loot anymore, and i’m pretty sure this isn’t Legion anymore… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sure, we can start this path a little.

Cinematics have marketing value, you can watch them outside of the game and generate hype. This is applicable to the recruit a friends rewards too - marketing value.

But for in game value, both of those things are minimally important. Honestly, I watch the videos from wowhead and always skip them in game. I can’t remember the last in-game cutscene I actually watched in game.

I play the game to play not to watch. For me, the only important things in game are stuff that contributes to my gameplay itself. Having cool things to put on in game? Sure, it’s fun, adds to the atmosphere - but make some of it paywall? I don’t really care, I just wont use it.

However, when there was a strong rumor that Zandalari Trolls was going to be behind a raid-lock - I was 100% going to quit at that point. Racials are important, my Zanda pali can bubble, full racial heal, and keep aggro in a M13. That’s awesome. Don’t matter if she has a backpack on or not :wink:

…i’m sorry, but where is this coming from? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I know Cinematics are art too, but that’s not what i’m talking about.

To be fair at least you did somewhat aknowledge what i’m talking about with this reply…

Well that’s fine if you don’t want to use it, and honestly a lot of the Raf Rewards are just fine, not great. but 2-3 months isn’t really an issue compared to a year. I think it’s more of the fact that Blizzard is practically making us wait until we get a full set of things, which you may argue that what RAF already does but worse, due to the incentives while performing RAF are comparatively weak to it’s previous iteration.

And it’s not just a backpack, but other things as well like a Plane mount, a full set of tmog and i think a camel and few battle pets. And knowing Blizzard, Something cool like that is always put behind an either ridiculous grind or a paywall, which, honestly i rather it’s just a ridiculous grind cause at least it adds some value to the cosmetic item in question, knowing that i’ve worked for it to earn it, similar to a mount. Obviously ridiculous grinds are bad but you don’t make it better by putting an option where you can buy it instead since that would indeed bred laziness and enable Blizzard to continue doing this tactic (as well as any other) and worsen the ingame grinds to make the paid option more valuable and with that option is simply implying the grind is horrible or worthless to do (which is unfortunately an aspect of the game most of the times or the game.). Especially for Cosmetic items and much worse in that regard for the reasons i’ve said in the last two posts.

Again, Overwatch (a premium priced game with MTX) comes to mind for just being a game about Cosmetics that has both a long grind or a paid option to skip said grind, and both involve lootboxes, which a chance for a skin you really want is pretty small since you got the other stuff to worry about like Emotes, Poses, Sprays, Icons and Voicelines.

Actually I have plenty of reason. Every other store mount and item in the store thus far. This is by no means the “first” time.

“free to play” being the operative term there. Hence my original post … Blizzard needs to pull the trigger on just going F2P.

Are you talking about the “limited time items” that they said would eventually come back to create artificial demand? Do you genuinely think they did that to “trying to keep the store small”?

On the matter of asusmptions: “Go look in your mount, transmog and pet journal then come back and try complain to me that you are getting screwed somehow”. So, maybe try not to throw assumptions out there as some form of argument over things I never said. =)

That is still a financial transaction. Whether you pay or not.

Go google microtransaction - wikipedia has a decent description.

So the store and the promitions certainly fall in the realm of micro-transaction. Maybe if the dollar figures seem too high for you strip the word “micro” and you are left with transaction … which this absolutely is.

The Blizzard shill’s need to seriously stop defending the indefensible with half baked arguments like “tokens mean you can earn it in game”, “you don’t have to buy it”, or other such non-sense.

2 Likes

A backpack is not a mount. This isn’t a store item. People are just jumping to conclusions to be mad about something.

And they still might in 9.0. But it was quite a while in other games before they went free and they had loyalty programs like this.

Yup. Because that’s how good marketing works. Keep it simple and uncluttered with things people weren’t buying. There’s no conspiracy there.

People are throwing a fit over one transmog set, one backpack, one mount… when there are hundreds of cosmetics and mounts and pets in game to earn. And there is zero proof of the hysteria thrown around about this being the only backpack.

It’s free stuff for being a sub. :roll_eyes:

Right. Because logic and knowing how things actually work, instead of fear mongering and twisting things obviously means that. :roll_eyes:

I’m out now that your true colors of insults go flying. Can’t argue so you’ll just make more stuff up. Enjoy that.

3 Likes

I have this cynical feeling that these were the true archaeology rewards for BFA that got ripped out and made into RAF for $$$.

I mean, that would be a fair comparison if the backpack wasn’t an exclusive model + one of the most asked cosmetic options.