I don't thin lk people understand the RAF issue

So many of us transmoggers and RPers are upset that a unique cloak design ((The backpack)) is locked behind a $100 - $200 paywall

People are quick to dismiss us as lol rp or lol it’s just virtual Barbie.

But please try and use empathy, how upset would you be if a requested feature for something you do care about was similarly locked, for example:

What if they took took away mythic raiding, after all it was a huge community asked for thing, right. So what if next expansion you had to pay 200 more dollars out of pocket to mythic raid?

What if next xpac in order to do mythic plus you had to get 10 other people to start playing the game?

I’m not doomcrying here and I’m certainly not saying blizz will do this

I’m simply saying that if the shoe were on the other foot, those communities would be just as upset, and would not want to be dismissed as lol raiders or lol try harder.

39 Likes

Bro there are literally thousands of free cosmetic options and you are mad a few of them cost money😂

What is this communist ussr u just want free stuff?

15 Likes

You again?

Your “what if” doesn’t work nor will people bite on that analogy. Stop making up crap to try to support your stance. Because:

LOL RP & VIRTUAL BARBIE

You reek of entitlement and greed. Your complaint here sounds like, “why do I have to pay $1000 for a pair of shoes at Neiman. They should sell it for $5 so I can afford it.”

You can’t have everything just because you want it.

30 Likes

…weeeehhhh okaaaay. I confess that I was snarky about the issue before but as a mogger, myself, your argument has made me see a piece of the puzzle that I didn’t see. As a result I concede :pensive: putting it behind a paywall like that is stupid with regard to your point.

That and “personal loot rules” :unamused:

1 Like

And yet you’re assuming it’ll be the only one in existence. Which, as a transmogger and avid Rper, I highly doubt and am not raging like this is some issue.

It’s a loyalty program. Please try to act like a mature adult and understand how these programs work.

22 Likes

What a ridiculous comparison. This is more akin to if they took away a single trash mob from a mythic raid and asked for money for it.

Which, by the way, they aren’t asking you for money. They are asking for a friend’s money. Anybody that recruits themselves for a backpack in a video game, unless they needed a second account for some other reason, is crazy.

15 Likes

I have absolutely no idea what this post is about.

3 Likes

Recruit a Friend program has some backpack transmog and Indiana Jones clothes. If you want it, recruit someone to come play for a year or pay for a second account and dual box it yourself. It’s a stupid thread about dolly dress-up.

6 Likes

Oh so she wants clothes for free like in RL? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s always something… yes the quality of the mog is more better but these programs always had unique incentives. People seem to complain when it’s unobtainable by them but can’t seem to control their obsession in needing it all.

Not having a back pack won’t ruin your day. If it does… may Azeroth Help you.

3 Likes

I somehow doubt many people were clamoring for backpack transmogs prior to this one being announced. :roll_eyes: Quivers and paladin tomes yes. Backpacks, no.

But cosmetics are exactly the thing that is acceptable to “lock” behind a paywall. And RAF has always had a fairly exclusive feature the instant they introduced to the flying two-seater mounts that you could get from it. Seeing as there’s literally only one other that I can think of available in-game (sandstone drake).

2 Likes

Gonna be straight - I’m a member of the RP community, and I think this is a little extreme and unnecessary. RAF has always brought forth unique rewards. This isn’t something new, and we have no idea if there will never be another backpack. Sure, it looks good. Sure, the transmog looks good. I imagine the illusion will also look good. But the reality is that RAF is meant to be special and separated from other things for a reason. Sitting here and pitching this much of a fit over it isn’t gonna help anyone.

5 Likes

Or you could realize a large portion of players just don’t care either way.

4 Likes

OMG yes please!! It sucks so badly that quivers only appear if a hunter goes MM and mogs into their artifact weapon appearance. But there have been enough threads posted out there about this issue that it is simply pointless to add to it - especially when there are far more pressing issues going on within the game that I 100% want them to invest their attention to, over an appearance.

Personally, as far as the RaF attire goes, I still feel it was a missed opportunity for Archaeology, but then there would then be ppl popping up stating how unfair it is to lock these appearances behind a profession they may not like or enjoy.

Also, there isn’t anything out there saying that this backpack, as well as the clothing offered will be the only time things like this will be implemented, (and for arguments sake, nothing has been stated that is isn’t I get that) it’s just one of those things that has to be chalked up to the inability to obtain every single thing in game unless you adhere to how to get it.

It’s like complaining about wanting for example, the Jaina mount, but find it unfair that the only way to get it is to defeat her on mythic difficulty and you’re the lucky soul to have it drop.

I feel for you in a way, I love transmog just as much as the next transmogger out there - but then on the other hand no one is “entitled” to every aspect of this game. That’s just how things are.

You’d probably have friends to recruit if you didn’t make stupid threads like this all the time.

6 Likes

It is not locked behind a paywall, it is locked behind a friend who doesn’t currently play wall.

10 Likes

While I completely agree that more backpacks, quivers, back-mogs-that-aren’t-cloaks should be added to the ingame system, I still think the complaining about the “200 dollar paywall” is overdone.

5 Likes

I’d make it noted in general forums, like you are. And if they implemented it still, I’d quit.

Not saying to you, “suck it up.” But the sad truth is that if the game is no longer something you enjoy that starts implementing features you do not like, then leave the game.

The only way Blizzard is going to get the message if a large enough people quit the game.

Really sorry this is affecting your enjoyment of the game. Not knocking you and totally understand what you’re saying.

Your very first lesson as an adult; you can’t always get what you want. Unless you are willing to part with 200 dollars.:grinning:

3 Likes

This definitely isn’t an “issue”. I’m an avid mount collector and it’s pretty much the sole focus of most my gameplay. The previous RaF rewards were unique mounts. DId I wish I could get them? of course. In fact i was lucky enough to recruit 2 friends and get a couple but there’s several others i never got.

However, I never felt “cheated” that they were apart of the RaF program. The rewards are supposed to be special otherwise they wouldn’t be incentives. As most of us know, actually recruiting someone to wow isn’t easy, getting them to stay subbed can be even harder, so if someone manages to do it I think they’re very much entitled to have a unique one-of-kind reward. In this case, a backpack.

If anything, I would be excited as a xmog enthusiast because this means they’re becoming more creative with they’re cloak slots. Maybe you get a different backpack down the line. Maybe you never get a backpack, but backpack is just a short step away of say a quiver, a bag of tiki totems (like vol’jin had), or the tauren totems.

4 Likes