I Don't Love Murderballs And Don't Know Why It's Assumed We All Do

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

Besides the hotfix being a terrible idea (which has been rehashed over and over today), I don’t understand this assumption that we all “know and love” murderballs.

I didn’t know what the heck that meant until today, and I can unequivocally state that I don’t care one bit for them.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m very glad a blue post was made to communicate that, because if that wasn’t done, then there wouldn’t be an opportunity to express how much I disagree with that line of thought.

If the thought behind these design changes is that everyone loves to group up to kill things: just stop with that line of thought. There’s a lot of solo players. Being solo means…being solo, not actively seeking groups to make “murderballs.”

If the assumption is that all of us love to group up to kill things and lag out, then that alone shows how out of touch developers are.

There’s a huge chunk of us out there that prefer solo. Stop trying to ram playstyles that we don’t like down our throats by making bad changes to the game that nobody asked for.

41 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a fan of murderballs either. I for one like to see what I’m doing.

16 Likes

I would much rather be the singular murder hobo I am than join a bunch of other murder hobos to form this Murderball that we apparently “All know and love.”

31 Likes

… what the hell is a murderball?

13 Likes

I agree. Murder hobo for life!

you’re in luck.
they wont despawn if you tag them ands tart fighting them solo

The idea of grouping up in this sense is extremely loose. The blue is specifically talking about random people that just so happen to be fighting the same rare. Each person would technically still be considered “solo.”

It’s what you call a group of Murder Hobos who have struck an accord to take down an enemy. Much like a gaggle of geese.

4 Likes

it’s what in EVE we call a “Wrecking ball formation”.

1 Like

Huh, my first take was it was a special kind of meatball. Boy was I wrong.

You obviously cannot tag all the rares in the zone at once to prevent them from despawning.

2 Likes

And doesn’t this group then “keep rolling” to other rares? Or is that not part of the definition?

Thats where the ball in “Murderball” comes from. Much like a roving hoard of pillaging huns.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Not my cuppa, but I guess it gets the job done. However, I think Blizzard is stretching it with the “we all know and love” bit. LOL

1 Like

with a wrecking ball group you can.

or you can go after the specific ones you need.

it makes sense that as more players band together, their capability to farm a zone more effectively increases. Where a solo player will have to target very specific mobs, a large enough group can do every rare in the zone.

This is how MMOs are supposed to be played. Any other way is incorrect. wrong. erroneous. faulty. unacceptable.

Is it really that entertaining to you to tell other players how to play a game? Seems a bit odd…

13 Likes

i love draeneiballs. so tasty.

3 Likes

What I find intrigueing is, they recognize that people like to play on their own some so they start adding content to make it so you can do that, then they do something like this?? One step forward two steps back.

4 Likes

How many people have you seen actively in the caverns before this hotfix? 1 week ago? a month ago? I was in the caverns just two days before the hotfix and no one was there. Karokta spawned while I was there knocking out WQ with my dream warden contract up and for 40 minutes it remained untouched. The place was an absolute ghost town.

You can look in the Custom Group finder and you will barely find one group if any that are inviting people to their server to come kill “All rares up!”

5 Likes

You know who else agrees with me? these guys…