I don't get the appeal of Dragonriding

Because people can’t AFK in the air, away from harm, effectively pausing the game from anywhere.

It’s an MMO- if you wanna take a break, go find a town to sit in.

2 Likes

There’s a work around, you just fly on top of something and afk. Still miss my hover.

Truth, plenty of open spaces that you can find to land.

The fact is, it is a flying system that is so much more enjoyable. Picture doing normal flying in this world? It would be such a waste.

Hovering is broken and needs to go.

2 Likes

Why though? If you don’t like it then don’t use it. I think its valuable.

8 Likes

dragon flying is overrated and the steam will end in a few months

its a means to an end nothing more

4 Likes

Again you haven’t completed advanced courses, and you haven’t shown a video of you doing a route of mining/herb without ever running out.

3 Likes

I love it, way better and more fun than generic flying.

It’s one of the best features this game has had since Legion’s Mage Tower.

It’s so easy to get around, I barely even use a ground mount now.

If I want to afk I just find a mountain lol.

This is so not like Blizz to give us something this good for travelling right out the gate, and I’ma fight to the death if you try and take my dragon away now.

1 Like

I will riot if they even think about taking it away.

2 Likes

It’s fun, fast and engaging. It prevents hovering and afk flying. Two things that should have never been possible on player controlled mounts.

Because it is so OP that it would be a requirement to use it.

Having to switch mounts all the time would become tedious.

Switching a mount is tedious? Cmon. Thats a weak argument.

And how is hovering OP? It literally affects nobody else.

6 Likes

lol wod is not recent , its 2014

What about it is a mobile game? Are we just calling everything we don’t like ‘mobile game’?

It’s fun to play with and more active than just setting a destination and pressing numlock.

1 Like

Just how good do mobile games have to get before people stop using the mobile game comparison as some kind of pejorative? It meant something 10 years ago – not so much today when there’s entire mobile ARPGs/MMOs/MOBAs/etc.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

This is what the internet has come down to.

+1

/10char

1 Like

So many people seem so shortsighted. It will get annoying so soon.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people aren’t realizing yet that was the better half of a decade ago.

its the first thing blizzard has added to the game that is 100% aimed at being fun.

Aside from pet battles, I can’t think of any feature ever added to any expansion that was made 100% for fun, and not tied to an endless grind.

Its not just about going 810% speed. Its about making flying interesting. Even if flying mounts had 810% speed, id still choose to use dragon riding, because it makes your mount feel like its more than just a speed buff.

1 Like

This is what would happen.

We would use one mount to get to point A to B another mount to hover and have pin point control

Now picture how tedious that would be doing that all the time.

Legacy swimming flying system is broken, by giving you the option it would force us all to use it as well, because noone would want to be weaker just for the sake of being weaker.