I don't expect the invites for 2-3 more hours

The reason being that every alpha and beta invite I have received in the past seems to come in the range of 6-10 PM EST. There is one outlier where I got it at like 4. Even when I got invited to the hearthstone closed beta it was like 730 it seems. Thats as far back as my emails seem to go but with 8 emails in that time telling me I was in that seems to give me a good feel for when to start getting dissapointed hahahaha

1 Like

You keep all those? Wow… #inboxzero

3 Likes

Dang.
I’ve been invited to a few betas, but I have no idea what time the emails arrived or even when I noticed them.

1 Like

required a bit of digging but thankfully deleting old emails isn’t a talent I put points into it seems

1 Like

Oof. #inbox1204…

i just checked my invite and it was 6:39 pm EST

I don’t expect to receive an invite at all. Not quite sure how small “small” is but that probably rules me out.

1 Like

I concur. I have been in every beta, and also BFA Alpha. The fact that people think you have to be a streamer is incorrect. But, obviously criteria can and does change. BFA Alpha went out at about 10pm EST. Given the office is in PST, i would expect them to open things up at the end of their day.

1 Like

well, seems to be up and I am not in. Oh well. Maybe they saw my post and decided to prove me wrong about the time hahahaha

Yeah I recall getting my BFA Alpha invite in midday sometime, not sure the exact time but I was cleaning my son’s room about noonish.

Made me go digging.

TBC Beta 9:43PM (Pacific)
Wrath Beta 4:56PM (Pacific)
Wings of Liberty Beta 6:30PM (Pacific)
Cataclysm invite 7:50PM (Pacific)
MoP invite 12:50PM (Pacific)
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Open Beta 10:26PM (Pacific)
Legacy of the Void Closed Beta 6:59PM (Pacific)
Overwatch Beta Test Weekend 12:23 AM (Pacific)
Destiny 2 Open Beta (lol) 10:55AM (Pacific)
Battle for Azeroth Beta 5:50PM (Pacific)

So yeah, invites could have gone out as early as a few hours ago, and might be as late as 8 hours from now.

Edit: Not to mention they kept emphasizing that the opening round of the beta would be very small so I’m guessing “only” a couple thousand invites to go on top of F&F and others. So overall, the odds for any single person getting in w/out connections is rather poor for todays round.

I suspect they’re looking to get enough people invited to be able to provide a “reasonable realm population” to achieve whatever their testing goals are at this point, for however many realms they may have online at this time. I’m almost suspecting it’s a single realm right now. But I could be wrong and they have a PvE and PvP test realm in operation as it is. As the current focus is on 1 through 30, they probably only need enough warm bodies to give them a decent chance of a peak realm population of about one to two thousand concurrent users/realm that lasts for more than a couple hours.

Given the likely size of the F&F invite pool + the number of people still working at Blizzard, the “normal” beta tester pool probably doesn’t go very far into the 4 digit range, even in a two realm server scenario.

You have your TBC invite?!

Been an account holder since August 2005, own every expansion, didnt get in… feelsbadman :’(

2 Likes

I don’t expect any for us non-streamer plebs.

Yes, received Oct 11, 2006. I wasn’t part of the first wave for that, obviously. :slight_smile:

And for those who want to whine about active subscriptions being required:

Nothing new to see here folks.

edit wrath:

Cataclysm:

The Mists of Pandaria’s beta invite does not have that disclaimer, and based on prior forum discussions I’m sure my BfA invite also didn’t require it.

Im in and playing right now. Theres 2 servers pvp and pve.

It was on my launcher but theres no email for me so far.

Everyone needs to check their launcher. Ill bet half of you are in too and dont even know it.

edit: I subbed yesterday when they revealed the requirements.

I don’t think I have the same email address even.
I can’t even recall if I was in TBC beta. I think I might have been. I was in Wrath beta.

The email address it was sent to is now defunct, but GMail copied the email across via pop3 back in the day. I had to check a second gmail account to get the post-Wrath invites as I subsequently consigned the 1st Gmail account to be my spam collector. My Blizzard account is supported by its own Gmail account, and is the only thing on it.

Not present on my launcher. No email either, wasn’t really expecting to get in on day 1 anyhow, but hope springs eternal.

1 Like