I dont care about Vulpira Give me th Zandalari Warlock I was promised

From my “How to Dev” thread to Blizzard. I agree. And I made this graphic- requires no work on Blizz’s end.

~https://i.imgur.com/VMcN6tc.jpg

1 Like

LFM Class Action Lawsuit.

1 Like

No, they did it because Zandalari trolls would’ve been capable of playing EVERY SINGLE vanilla class, plus monk on top of it. No other race has that ability and they had originally planned to exclude paladin. But it was HORDE PLAYERS that demanded a paladin class as opposed to the Alliance getting two shaman classes.

Remember, Kul Tiran and Dark iron dwarves can be shamans, while the Horde had yet to get a new paladin race. You would’ve been Warlocks had you not complained for paladins.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but as blizz has demonstrated with high elf/void elf debacle, they don’t care about what has been demonstrated by in-game lore.

Never mind that the Silver Covenant and Vereesa have been shown to fight for the alliance in almost every expansion, “All high elves are blood elves”. Oh, and you know how the void is a highly corruptive force that drives you insane, here’s an allied race that mastered those powers overnight.

Unfortunately, regardless of the existing lore, blizzard had to take away Zandalari Warlocks when they introduced Paladins for the same of gameplay balance only. You’ll sadly just have to accept the fact that the ship has sailed, and you’ll never be able to play a Zandalari Warlock.

1 Like

No they clearly planned all the classes for zandalari. They were planned for the first patch instead of Mag’har. If you look mag’har are the equal to kul tirans in class numbers minus one. They are both modifications of the humans vs orcs the first class. Kultiran have 8 and Maghar have 7.

Dark iron had 9 Zandalari would have had 10

All the other allied races are equal. That one missing is because the alliance would have complained horde bias…

1 Like

Exactly this. Kul’Tiran paladins have always been a thing. And Zandalari Warlocks.

Just blizzard being obtuse about stuff.

The [Zandalari] demoniacs take treading dangerous ground in dealing with [demons] one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat few are ever able to master.

So… they are not warlocks, they are demon hunters

1 Like

There are various destruction and affliction warlock zandalari that are petless. In the game. Blizz said they don’t have any connection to the fel. Yet you see a few of them ingame. They use green fire too… probably cause throne of thunder.

1 Like

They got retconned out in the same expansion that introduced them.

2 Likes

Same goes for you. You keep saying that their explanation is good without proving anything. They said that they cant be warlock because they dont play with fel. The thing is that only a fiew warlock spell overall use fel and its mostly just destruction and that is only true if you use the codex otherwise you will use regular fire spell instead. A warlock can clearly be a thing without fel.

Tell that to the alliance that get mage and are still whining about not having paladin… Not only they get what they whined for but are still whining more than us for something else even if we were being told at the blizzcom that we would have them.

Then remove KT mage. The alliance already had enough mage option and had one added. Btw the the horde have only one allied race that can be warlock vs two for the alliance… But yeah wayyyyy enough.

there were zandalari warlocks in vanilla but not now
makes no sense lol
but tauren shadow priest exists ok blizz

After worgen monks/paladins.

Not exactly trying to defend or support the OPs stance, because idc if they get warlocks personally. That being said the exact same argument was used against Kultiran Mages, and blizzard ended up caving on that one.

1 Like

They weren’t ‘promised’.

1 Like

An annoucement on the main stage of blizzcon might as well be a promise. Kul tirans got mages and it was not even a part of the presentation. How does this make sense?

I’m sorry but just because it was at blizzcon doesn’t mean it was promised. They’ve always made it clear what was presented was not finished, still being worked on.

For some reason they decided warlocks won’t work for Zandalari.
I don’t have a problem with it being asked for but do have a problem with people making false claims.

1 Like

I mean OP, folks made the arguments for both Zandalari Paladins as well as Kul Tiran Mages. Neither were present on the panels.

It’s fine to just request Warlocks, ya don’t need to muddy your request.

Do you know how many things have been announced at Blizzcon but never made it into the game? The Dance Studio is the most famous.

1 Like

This is also part of the mindset that probably makes devs avoid the forums. If they even muse on something out loud, it becomes a “promise”. Then if something happens and they don’t do what was “promised”, then Blizzard “lied” because they broke a “promise”.

Zandalari warlocks were never promised.

3 Likes

Yes but the dance studio you are mentioning would require alot more development time compared conpared to a class that is already designed its just a matter of linking the devleopment work already done. Considering how fast they gave the alliance kul tiran mages its clear that its possible to be done. Full disclosure i have no clue what dance studio you are speaking of but its development costs are probably higher than the one for zandalari warlocks.

1 Like