I don’t believe it’s good practice to give away these rare TCG items and here’s my perspective

The only weakness is crying about pixels not being artificially rare. I thought snowflakes were at least supposed to be unique.

1 Like

Thank god they says progress based rewards will be gone forever tho! :slight_smile:

I am unique, runing around in my CMG set with CMG wepons with Elite tabards and Elite sets, using removed illusions. :slight_smile:
Thanks for noticing me!

Is there any other way to say i’m proud of something? :slight_smile:

Don’t get salty now! go grab your elite sets before they are removed bro!

They never said this. They simply said they wouldn’t go to the Trading Post. Though I’ve made peace that they possibly won’t return as they’ve finally removed the taunting MT Werebear and Glowcat previews for Druid at the barbershop.

1 Like

They specifically said that for CMG sets. Pretty sure same applies to Elite sets. :slight_smile:

We’re apparently talking about two different things… :thinking:

About progress based rewards, no?

In general yes. When the debacle of AotC Seige mount had tendies added to it as a possible coding fluke, Blizz said no progress based rewards would go to the TP. They didn’t outright deny they wouldn’t return in some other way shape or form.

Oh no, the pixels you don’t actually own.

2 Likes

Yes they said this about AOTC. About CMG it was other story. They once tried bringing back Elite sets and people protested. So don’t think we can see Elite sets coming back either.

Ah I see what you’re saying. Though it’s up in the air if the recent voting from a month or so ago will bring back a previous DF elite season set that won the voting contest. So I mean thats a scenario where they’re potentially bringing back an no longer obtainable set even if it’s from the same expansion.

As a greedy collector who doesn’t want to spend real cash, I’m happy to accept every TCG item ever released (at the press of a button or two). The recent Tabard of Frost will look very good on my Frost DK, I think…

1 Like

Ion did say that in an interview before that one though.

With all the lies and changing of their minds over the last 15 years or so, why do you think they’ll suddenly uphold this? Just sayin.

I’m probably misremembering or news from other MMO’s I’m playing is bleeding into my brain but I thought there was another interview where they wanted to try to bring back some previously retired things. Not saying everything but I recall hearing about it.

Again that could be entirely my brain malfunctioning after waking up too early.

Because this is the one thing they have held strong on the longest?

Yeah that would be the TCG, RAF and store stuff that they’re doing now.

But he sat down with one of the lady streamers when doing an interview on DF and said gladiator, AOTC and KSM stuff is not coming back.

And btw, I’m not dumb, I know they can change their mind, my stance is it’s highly unlikely while he’s in charge.

Revenue generated by the haves is being outstripped by the have nots. As long as subs continue to point towards a positive correlation to the bottom line, they’ll continue to offer them. Participation rates are obviously pretty good.

I’ve had my tabard of frost since TBC on my shammy, so…almost 2 decades? It’s time bro, because who even knows if the servers will be up in 10 more years.

1 Like

well since this is your 2nd post about this and looking at all the replies your obviously in the minority about it.

even though blizzard already said they wont add it to the tp as someone who has every single aotc mount where some i made a effort to get due to rl things going on and others i just got from being in a guild yes i think they should come back. i got the achievement that went with it so its not like them bringing it back changes anything

I wonder how long Blizzard said no to classic servers before it happened. I honestly don’t know. Still it’s one thing I do hope they break their word on. It’s one of those things we have to agree to disagree on I suppose.

Well that makes sense then. Even though back when they retired TCG they did say the loot from it was going to return, they just never said when or how and people are all of the sudden upset that they held on to their word.

I’m not accusing anyone of being dumb and I agree that their minds can be changed. I’m also in agreement it’s probably unlikely under an Ion leadership.