I don’t believe it’s good practice to give away these rare TCG items and here’s my perspective

blizzard should keep rare items in the past and stop giving them away on the trading post or amazon prime. devaluing rarity arbitrarily hurts collectors more than it pleases people who didn’t care about the item in the first place. give away new stuff instead

17 Likes

Nah, it’s fine.

76 Likes

I don’t believe anyone really cares.

38 Likes

One post wasn’t enough? Had to do 2?

18 Likes

i care

Had to make a 2nd thread to defend loot boxes some more

Kinda cringe ngl

20 Likes

making another with a less hostile approach.

so is giving away old rare stuff on the trading post and amazon prime

Oh hey, look everyone. It’s yet another post about promo cosmetics that no one did anything substantial in-game to obtain and are therefore simply marketing campaigns ripe for re-acquiring.

Let’s all point and laugh :rofl: :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

21 Likes

Didn’t like how your other thread of the same topic turned out, eh? :wink:

9 Likes

i didn’t mind but others seemed to. are you insinuating i don’t think it’s obvious i made two threads?

Eh lootboxes are worse

Giving ancient cosmetics that nobody cared about that were literally just bought with money or gold (0 skill involved) is a big whoopdidoo moment

2 Likes

i care

I know

:wink:

there’s plenty of other ways people came into tcg stuff in the past, but the concept doesn’t only apply to tcg items although that’s the title of the thread

skill shouldn’t have to matter in this discussion

List them.

1 Like

It’s not like they are giving it to everyone who logs in. It is still going to be rare. Consider it a limited one time reprint or something. This happens in the “real” collectible world as well, you know.

5 Likes

Spam. What you are doing is called spamming.

10 Likes

I personally don’t really see much issue. At the end of the day most people won’t even use the Tabard. Those who like the look will. Having it be rare doesn’t really give anyone anything. It doesn’t accomplish anything. It’s not even something you earn. It’s just an old TCG Item.

4 Likes

It’s just a cool thing that’s a bit less cool now.

4 Likes

You only get to complain if they release the Spectral Tiger. That’s it, that’s the only one you get to complain about. Some tabards? Some old pets? No one cares. Let other people have them. The others have had their unique items for years now.

2 Likes