I do not understand the outrage

I expected extended maintenance to last until about 9 PM EST. This is making me more than a little concerned about their technical capabilities. It is not as though they haven’t launched a prepatch before.

There launches have been very messy for multiple years now. I expected it to be released next day. And my expectation was right. Concerned? Yea sure. People have been concerned about Blizzard for a very long time. They are confused.

You didn’t type the words, but you’re here blaming players for being here on time while blizzard is late, so you’re saying it in other ways.

You’ve blamed casuals for ruining the game while actively ruining the game by playing devils advocate for Blizz.

4 Likes

People WANT burning crusade classic. Shills like you will never understand.
TBC came out years ago and re releasing this pre patch with delay is ridiculous

1 Like

I am not playing devils advocate. I simply have a realistic outlook on Blizzard. I have been invested in the game since original TBC. I know how they operate. So I am not going to get mad, because I expect the worse everytime. I am not going to waste my emotions on such illogical things. It is a game.

History really does repeat itself. I am honestly really amused at so many people that are angry about the delay. Even more amused at the people that actually took PTO today. Sorry, it’s just funny because this stuff has always happened and yet people still have hope in Blizzard to release things in a timely fashion.

I am not a shill. I probably hate Blizzard more than anyone in this forum discussion. I do think it is hilarious that people still beckon to the Forums about launch when it has been like this for a very long time. If that makes me a shill, sure. I guess I am a shill.

Well again, I wasn’t angry at Blizzard. Disappointed and frustrated yes, but not angry. I’ve been here for many launches - and I know it can be rough. But I had expectations that the long maintenance was to account for issues, and due to this not being a new expansion it could go relatively smoothly (accounting for the last 3 expansion launches, if not more) - but I was let down twice with exceedingly longer delays.

I am angry at the Blizzdrones (not you) who are thought policing and insulting others because they either don’t understand the complaints or simply don’t care. Hence why, when talking to the OP or another person in this thread, I was a little more hostile. Because they were.

2 Likes

If I had very little free time/days off I would not be complaining to the forums about a launch time. I’ve had my fair share of laughs in here. Good luck to everyone. The game will exist regardless of what slight inconvenience comes along. Better things in life to worry about.

How so. even if running the 2 new races they can’t be boosted. So even if one needed a portal ready blood elf june 1st a “forced” boost to be there if 1 day short is not even an option.

And most boosters decided this already. I have been play testing hunter, rogue and paladin for about a week since resub. Boost was pretty much decided once I realized I’d 2 char play this to see alliance and horde aspect. 1 of these gets it. A missing 1 day not even a factor, I can’t fully level 2 chars.

It’s a realistic look, and a historically accurate one, but that doesn’t make it ok.

It used to be forgivable at one time, but considering the state of all wow platforms, it’s pretty bad they can’t even stick to the day they said it’s releasing (in a working/playable state)

3 Likes

Yes lets gatekeep an mmo because some stoner doesn’t want to play with actual functioning members of society.

1 Like

Why do I get the feeling you literally don’t have a job. This isn’t just a few hours for some people. For people who work and only have maybe 6hours before they need to go to sleep to get up for work the next day this is a day of the game for them.

Also 7 hours is not a few.

3 Likes

This, precisely.

As someone with very specific deadlines, I apologize when I can’t make them. I feel embarrassed when we have to extend it again and again. Even if there’s a legitimate reason for it, that doesn’t excuse the fact that people who have expectations are let down repeatedly and inconvenienced. I don’t expect everyone to see it that way, but that is exactly what is happening with pre-patch right now.

And yet Blizzard hasn’t apologized (that I can see) nor given any reason for it.

1 Like

define few

Customers want product, company doesn’t deliver product on promised time. Customers angry. Now you understand:)

3 Likes

Here is my issue with it. best case scenario is they are taking extra time cus something was messed up. meaning they didn’t prepare or have the foresight to be on top of this. Shows consumers they can’t uphold their end when they put out a hard time for something. Worst case scenario is they didn’t anticipate whatever the issue is and they are scrambling to fix it quickly. which just shows incompetency. Yes we want it to be smooth and quality. but we also want this multibillion dollar company to get their sh*t together. how many years have they been doing this? how many employees do they have? how much money have they sank into making this game work properly? its been over 2 decades and they cant seem to get a simple prepatch to go smoothly? I’ll tell you what my parents told me as a teenager. I am not mad. I am just very disappointed. maybe I won’t buy that deluxe edition now cus it doesn’t feel very deluxe at this point.

1 Like

Yeah, with Blizzards track record, scheduling PTO the “day of” pretty much anything is very unwise. If I had to do PTO, I would wait until Friday and make it a long weekend.

A full day when playing on a high population PvP server can absolutely help. That’s another potential 24 hours to achieve something, like more gear, or relax leveling. For me, on Whitemane, there’s going to be a lot of players and a lot of bored 60s.

This just feels like it’ll push people to pay for boosting, which I didn’t really want to do.

Stoner? You assume a little too much my friend. You must be a stoner yourself since you associate my name with such nonsense. Nice self projection. I am a functioning member of society.