I dislike skyriding

Or the Headless horsemen mount…zooming around like a dragon…its not a dragon its a horse…

3 Likes

Oh god that one made me mad. I spent YEARS farming for it. Made tons of alts and finally got it last year. When I went on after pre-patch and hit space, it went up like a rocket. I hate what they’ve done. IT’S A HORSE.

2 Likes

I feel same way what they did to my Love Rocket…its a rocket not a dragon…I use to use the Headless horseman mount all time till I finally got the Love Rocket for flying…

3 Likes

Yeah I really hate what they did with flying. I played some Cata classic today and I might go back to FFXIV. I feel like I really lost something though. I’ve played since almost the beginning, met so many friends that I met in RL, so many memories. But this game isn’t for me anymore… unless there’s a miracle and they accept to listen to feedback.

1 Like

My one big thing with TWW is that bloody stupid Pathfinder crap they put too Steady Flying again …there is no bloody reason to make players do that in order to use Steady Flight.

Yes I did agree when DF first went live it was all about the Dragons but that time is over now …TWW isn’t about Dragons its about going underground most part…what pissed me off with DF was making us wait a whole dang year to finally get able to use Steady Flight for only it to be put behind what?..damn Pathfinder mess …

If players can Dragon Fly day 1 of TWW then players should be able to fly and use Steady Flight day 1 of TWW going live…what’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander…

4 Likes

Then don’t use it.

You can easily use static/steady flying instead.

:woman_shrugging:

I personally don’t enjoy dragon riding, but am forced to use it in instances (raids and certain dungeons) otherwise I am screwed, you can’t even use the tornado’s on you basic flying which makes it all around just worse ( and it’s the one I enjoy ) however its way more tedious for no other reason than being tedious. Heck I am willing to even pay gold to get a speed increase on my normal flight speed to compensate…

4 Likes

Yep, that’s the main reason I’m not playing anymore. That and adding I relied on being messed up for good. It makes zero sense to have added that 5 second toggle other than spite for us still liking classic flying.

4 Likes

Not when TWW goes Live in August we can’t…the put a Pathfinder too being able to use Steady Flight all while others that are not disabled or have health issues with Dragon Flying get to fly day 1 of TWW…and before you say or anyone else says it…it doesn’t matter that the Pathfinder is short and easy Steady Flight shouldn’t be restricted.

3 Likes

Just give a third option to go back to DF style of flying where both types of mounts work. Problem solved for all.

6 Likes

Yep. Something nobody wanted to change… but blizzard broke.

2 Likes

Um, Prior to the expansion, only dragonriding mounts flew like that, but there were mounts added to the game that had it, that weren’t dragons (skycharger mount I think) and dragons in the game that didn’t have it.

Dragon riding mounts were useable outside of dragonriding as normal mounts. Basically, the framework for a functionally complete feature was there. Whatever decisions they made that resulted in a 5 second cast timer spell between the two (absolute lazy design, btw) and prevented them from making a more competent set of design choices for these two features, come from the same place: lack of foresight and proper game design.

Competence would have yielded something feature complete at the start of DF that didn’t need to be updated for TWW. Incompetence gives them two years to casually iterate a feature and then do it badly, resulting in the issues we have live.

They even broke the glyphs you should be collecting to upgrade your sky riding. Those skills only come from leveling your character now. This game is developed by absolute morons. Absolute.

4 Likes

While it’s not perfect, this is WoW where people cry about 5 seconds. It’s a new system that will likely be tweaked upon as the expansion goes on. Everyone’s tripping like this is the only version we will ever get when it’s literally the first version. I think a-lot of the people on this thread have valid points. Others are just whining to whine.

Y’all seeing this joke?
Evidently this one didnt get the memo that pathfinder DOESNT work like this anymore.

EVERYONE gets flight DAY ONE of the expansion now WITHOUT PATHFINDER…except a FEW players who have disabilities, etc that make Skyriding too hard for them.

Little hint guy…YOU CAN FLY DAY ONE OF DF AND TWW WITHOUT PATHFINDER with skyriding.

please dont post at me again…if you do, Im putting you on ignore

nevermind…Im annoyed now so I’ll just do it right this second

1 Like

Irony here is, Theyve pulled so much crap over the years that players even think this sort of thing is likely to happen.

2 Likes

lol…5 million gold so we can again give the ALREADY privileged players even MORE advantage lol

We either do PF or DF. If we don’t do PF then you won’t be able to used reg flight. It’s a choice to do it or don’t do it.

If only there was a button you could push that let you swap to old-school flight… oh well get the pitchforks out.

Hopefully it will get fixed. I see an update today.

1 Like

I meant right now.

As for the future:

1 Like