I constantly die from going AFK

I wish we could have the honor system, to where nobody would ever log out when facing death.

Some times, I miss the old EQ death penalty. Having to do CR runs made sure you learned from your mistakes.

1 Like

I have no obligation to improve. Nobody is paying me. As the customer, I reserve the right to be as awful as I wish to be, and to demand QoL improvements that address my gripes and grievances, regardless of if I can fix them myself or not, because I don’t have to. :man_shrugging:

Then enjoy dying.

3 Likes

If you care about dying, then you have a reason to improve. This just tells me you don’t actually care and needed something to complain about. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm nice idea but Invis potions generally last 18 seconds and logging off (for me at least) takes 20 seconds. When I just tried it I was visible for the last 4 seconds.

Good lord. This is the mentality of someone who apparently has a “full house” of people and animals they look out for. Yikes

5 Likes

Why would you put WoW down for a light bulb going out lol

OP, I don’t know why you just don’t let the TV raise your children like any normal red-blooded American.

Get with the times.

3 Likes

I do care, but not enough to change my natural behavior. I live in accordance with my Id and avoid modifying my behavior whenever possible. If I had to think strategically, even for a moment, I would cancel my sub and play a different game where that wasn’t true. I play the way I want, and I’d like for the circumstances I encounter to be more friendly to my chosen (and unchanging) playstyle.

Then you understand that your playstyle includes eating dirt.

6 Likes

My children hate TV. They put on Netflix and read books while missing whatever’s playing, then they put it on again because they missed it.

Remember keeping an old set of armor and weapons in the bank? That makes the death penalty in WoW look pretty tame by comparison. I don’t miss it, just to be clear!

I would think maybe you need to re-evaluate what you are doing if that is the case. You can’t really expect an MMO to basically give you a “pause” feature. Hopefully you are considerate enough to avoid any kind of group content, as “constantly” having to suddenly go afk would be unfair to others group members.

1 Like

Then obviously you need a smart TV that lets you put Netflix on it. The point is you’re parenting wrong.

Then this isn’t an issue Blizzard needs to solved. You’ve been given a bunch of options.

That’s not how video games work, sir. They aren’t here to cater to your specific needs over other more global issues with the game.

1 Like

Oh yeah, we kept the last two upgrades in each slot in the bank. Just incase you needed a second CR set. I remember having to help other guilds reclear the Plane of Fear or Hate when they would wipe too much and couldn’t get back to their bodies.

The game lost something when they later added the grave yard feature…

1 Like

That is absolutely how most video games work, because most video games have mods, pause features, and console commands. WoW is an exception because it’s an MMO, but it’s always wise for them to improve QoL for all demographics whenever possible so that players don’t experience significantly more frustration when playing WoW than they do, say, when playing Skyrim.

I 100% support you paying more attention to your children, that is an awesome excuse for having to suddenly go afk. :+1:

Mods and console commands aren’t anywhere near the same as what you’re asking.

Yep. And since you have options to “fix” your “issue,” there’s no reason to personally try to cater to you.