I constantly die from going AFK

I would like to suggest a rework of the /afk command and the associated [Away] status. While marked [Away], players should become untargetable and invulnerable to aggro and damage. This would help avoid pointless deaths from unexpected real life distractions.

Thanks!

6 Likes

/Camp

Alt+F4

Or most importantly who gives a fel what happens to wow when there’s a real life emergency

You worrying about what happens to your character during an emergency, you need to set your priorities straight

There’s your solutions

66 Likes

None of which are solutions.

5 Likes

47 Likes

If your mom fell and is bleeding in your home, why is WoW on your mind? Why do you need to make sure your WoW characters is safe when she’s bleeding out every second? Why aren’t you rushing her to the hospital or the very least stopping the bleeding till ambulance arrives?

If there’s a fire in your apartment complex why are you worried about WoW? Why aren’t you Bolting out of your apartment with your loved ones instantly?

10 Likes

Players exploited log outs as a means of avoiding combat, either with monsters or other players. In some cases they still can, but for the most part this significantly reduces that impact. I understand where you’re coming from, but I think you have to solve player behavior first.

7 Likes

Look, if that stuff happened, fine. What i more often experience is the pot of noodles boiling over, or a lightbulb goes out. Still things i shouldnt have to LOG OUT over.

5 Likes

Get some potions that put you in stealth as long as you stand still.

1 Like

Those aren’t emergencies OP exclusively stated real life emergencies

Why is a LIGHT BULB a real life emergency to you?

Your priorities in emergencies are way off

You just admitted you have a gaming addiction to General Discussion

6 Likes

Yep.

I joke my son has cost me at least 10 billion isk in eve. When smaller if he cried suddenly I went full parent mode to see what was what. Mom was there but time to do that daddy bit all the same.

and came back to see my pod jsut hanging in space. For non eve players this means my ship was blown up. In eve ship losses are permanent. when its gone, its gone.

and I’d go oh well…there goes another 1.5 billion isk tengu down the drain. See what was in loot hat survived to pick up again. Usually never any of my expensive mods. Sigh…

6 Likes

Whatever. Every post you make i see you claiming nothing is wrong with blizz and we should be happy they want to f us over.

2 Likes

And in this case you didn’t read OPs scenario but only to bicker

2 Likes

Your OPINION of what is an emergency is of no relevance.

3 Likes

Dude if there’s a family emergency I X out of WoW so fast your head would spin, who cares if I’m dead when I come back. I can corpse run when I get back. If it’s my mom asking for help with something, I say one second, get somewhere safe then go to her. It’s not a big deal and I never die when AFK

I don’t see the point of this post. Are you on a PVP sever and PVP is happening while you’re gone? It happens. A mob gets you because you’re in the wrong place? That’s also on you. We can fly in Shadowlands and it takes two seconds of running or less since you’re on a DH and can dash to drop aggro, get on your mount and fly up out of combat range. Again if it’s PVP happening on a PVP sever then that’s on you now isn’t it?

7 Likes

Roll a night elf, problem solved!

But seriously, there are places everywhere in every zone you can just park and walk away.

But if you don’t wanna look, how log does it take to log out, and hit exit now?

5 Likes

people would abuse this

5 Likes

I’d imagine the inconvenience of having to walk for 30 seconds back to your body isn’t that big of a deal when you just dealt with an actual real life emergency. I mean it’s not that big of a deal even if that didn’t happen.

Also are you really having emergencies so often that this is an actual issue?

Hold down the space bar for 10 seconds and you’re out of reach of any flying mob in the entire game lol. There is no way this is an actual complaint, tell me you’re trolling.

Why are you on WoW if you’re cooking?

8 Likes

Even my most common form of open world is avoidable. I jsut neglect to do it.

I will take an instance pop on the drop of hat. I leave area is clear.

I come back…and someone has pulled kroke and 20 of his friends. Oh crap…

Now I know the better way would be to walk over 50 feet. One day I may even do this more .

Lol, why not? it was an example. Not specific to my situation.

1 Like

If it’s an actual emergency then you should care if you die. How many actual emergencies can you possibly have?