I cant start BFA

Yep, as I said I’ve been investigating it as much as possible. So far the only ways I can get to BfA content are to have a character who started it before the prepatch or to level a character through the exile start area and then not skip anything.

1 Like

Well we can go to BFA and unlock world quests, we don’t have the main story line characters appearing to do the war campaign and then go to najitar

You can’t switch timelines if you’re level 50. (Which is another discussion for this poor decision)

I was able to start the Tides of War quest by going to boralus with the boat and then heading back to SW to accept the quest.

I’ve tried that, it didn’t work for me.

Funny thing is I took the boat from BH to SW on my character that has done most of BfA and it dumped him inside the AV cave after I zoned on the boat.

Appears to be fixed. Just logged in to my DI mage and ported to SW where I can accept the Tides of War quest. Also works on LFD priest that previously couldn’t get the quest either.

2 Likes

yeah its working now thats god

1 Like

I have found a minor work around but it requires a friend with a character that has not chosen a Chromie time or anything (basically fresh logged in without doing any quests) If that friend invites you at level 10 and you party sync down to their level, the tides of war quest will show up on the alliance guard in SW next to the Auction house quest board. That should get you started on the BFA quest. I just tested it with 3 people that were stuck and it all seemed to work for them. (Them being stuck me logging into the character that has never touched BFA and syncing them to me)

I hope this helps. I know its not a fix fix but it might be a work around for some that are stuck.

Just a heads up, it’s been fixed thankfully.

Good job, Blizzard!

1 Like

ahh did not know that thnx for the reply

wait is it been fixed?

nice! fast one

This is fixed for my level 45 DH and level 10 AR today. They both got the quest “Tides of War” from the soldier standing next to the hero’s board in Trade District. However, interestingly, Anduin, Jaina and the council are meeting in the first room left, rather than the main hall now.

1 Like

they moved them to that room cause of the story i suppose and maybe thats the whole reason why it broke at the first place maybe…

After the reset, it appears as though the issue is resolved for me.
I got on my Dark Iron Dwarf and was successfully able to pick up the Tides of War quest and get to Kul Tiras.

Thanks to everyone who helped bring this to Blizzard’s attention. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming folks! Yes, a fix was put in last night and should be active with restarts today.

As always, if you find something that doesn’t seem to be working correctly, please do create a bug report:

https://battle.net/support/article/172958

1 Like

I’m currently still locked out of BFA quests.

I completed part of the heart chamber quests before the hot-fix went live that was affecting alliance characters entering BFA properly, but the quest was listed under Orgrimmar and had no follow up quest. I tried to exit the heart chamber because Magni did not offer a follow up quest on Monday 10/19/20. I logged back in today and it still did not work. There is no pop-up quest, and I cannot enter the heart. There are no quests except the PVP quest from Mathias Shaw in Borealis. I am currently locked out of all BFA content.

Solutions I tried:

Visiting Chromie (she only has genereic NPC response)
Visiting SW keep where the BFA line begins. (No one is there)
Tried Re-entering the heart (Not clickable)
Tried starting Nazjatar to enter the heart. (No quest giver to start the quest line)
Tried relogging (No changes)

If anyone has had a similar problem and can help me figure out what to do, I’d appreciated.

Please note the forums is showing this character as a 35, but is in fact a 50, max character. This is the character the quests are broken on if a BLUE happens to see this and reply.

It looks like the quest “Tides of War” is available to you in Stormwind. Check your map, navigate to Stormwind. You should see it there offered by the Hero’s Herald.

2 Likes

Thank you! This enabled me to start tides of war, and I followed the quests out until I opened Magni in Nazjatar which allowed me back into the heart chamber. Thanks for the assisst!

+10 Would pester for help again.

1 Like

Hell yeah!
The Hero’s herald NPC next to the hero’s call board now give the appropriate quest and you can meet Anduin on the first room in the castle to your left.