I can't believe people are saying "WoD is better than BFA"

This is what I remember.

People complain about WF/TF, but that was in WoD too. Running those mythic dungeons once a week to try and get a good weapon on my warrior was dumb, but I will admit WoD had some great dungeons.

End-game content? Apexis dailies, Tanaan, and one raid. Yawn.

But the PVP?!?! All I remember from WoD about PVP was constant non-stop complaining over the crapfest that was Ashran.

Class design? Eh, can’t comment since warrior was really the only thing I played, but Legion and BFA warrior are good and wild strike in WoD was buttcheeks.

ashran was a mixed bag

1 Like

So The Last Jedi really is a 91%? I should ignore that 44% for user ratings and assume it’s one of the best movies ever?

How about FF, ESO, GW2 or SWTOR. Mysteriously, the plague of bad reviews only seems to be hitting Wow. Interesting.

Seems like your arguments are weak, and biased, and come across like excuses. Look at metacritic. Over a period of a full year you can only find a handful of people willing to say they like the expansion.

If it really is that good where are the people defending it? Sure, there would be some trolls, but you’d get people defending it. You don’t, because most players are disappointed and quit =/

WoD had one thing going for it that BfA does not…

Gladiator Stance.

2 Likes

The WF/TF system in WoD was tiny compared to the system BFA uses. Ashran was not good pvp, its sole purpose was for gearing alts. Class design was better all around in WoD.

Didn’t think Wod was terrible, but I did dislike how just anyone could get materials from their garrison (and how they scrapped the skinning hut, because reasons). That and how nearly every boss was an orc until HFC. Now look I enjoy stabbing green dudes with underbites as much as the next rogue but after a while it got boring.

WOD was possibly the worst expansion in WoW history.

It had a few high moments, sure, all expansions, no matter the quality have a few nice things, but no amount of nice things in WoD made up for months, upon months of. “Garrison missions online.” - now with twitter and selfie cam integration .

BFA has 1,222 user reviews with an average of 3.0.
Most of the negative reviews are one-line sentences with a big, fat 0, or full of repeated memes with no actual substantive argument.

It’s mostly the same of WoD as well.

To find any sort of actual real, representative sample, you would have to filter these filler reviews out and then do a new average. Metacritic has no quality control, and you can bet that the internet hatemob has played a part in tanking both WoD and BFA user scores.

Now, if you want to argue that BFA had a worse opening than WoD, which might explain the difference in critic ratings, then yeah, I’d probably agree with you. WoD definitely opened stronger than BFA, which is where most of these review outlets would have written their reviews. I imagine most of them did their week or two of content, and didn’t stick around for the whole expansion.

Now though? WoD tanked after it’s first patch. BFA has continuously improved.

TL:DR - Metacritic is not reliable source for community perceptive.

All I did in WoD was play ashran. All I did in bfa was kill rares for mounts. They both suck the donkey but at least bfa has some content.

I’m not sure why you would care. I haven’t logged into BFA in like 6 or 7 months and I’ve done nearly as much content as you have. What exactly were you missing out on during Warlords?

It all depends on how you gauge success. IMO the story is a non qualifier, the gameplay is why I play(ed) WoW. Now it feels like a chore grinding all this junk, especially since it is all going to be taken away next expansion. In WoD the power creep was not this exaggerated either. You maybe saw an increase of 30-40 ilvls. In BfA you are seeing most people ding 120 around 270-280, and average 120 ilvl is now around 430-440.

Warlords tanked because of flight. That massive drop off was because of one singular event.

Ah yes, good ol’

“Your not raiding, why do you care.”
or
“Your not doing Mythic+ why do you care.”

Because clearly because I don’t play the game the same way you do now, means I didn’t play differently 6+ years ago.

However, many of them are not. If you read them you see a clear theme in the complaints.

I also notice you stayed far away from the question that destroys your argument.

Why aren’t other concurrent competitors like FF, ESO, SWTOR, GW2, etc suffering similar rashes of troll attacks? If you look at at of those you’ll see similar one sentence bad reviews, but in much lower proportion.

Metacritic alone isn’t defininitive, but as much as you’d like to pretend otherwise it IS an indicator. Just like the overwhelmingly negative votes on the Q&A videos. The instant they apologized and said they were going to take our concerns seriously that ratio flipped.

I’m not weighing in on whether BfA or WoD was worse. I’m weighing in on the idea that aggregate scores are worth less than bought and paid for critics. That’s all =)

From an endgame content standpoint, they both sucked. Fun classes makes the suck less noticeable. In BFA classes and the content sucks.

You can go ahead and find where I mentioned any of that if you want. My point was that if you are going to make an argument about an expansion not having content while at the same time never engaging in said content, your entire point kind of goes up in smoke.

Most people have already agreed Warlords lacked content but to say it’s the worse expansion ever because it lacked content while you never engage in the content to begin with just screams of personal bias.

What unique system did BFA introduce. It just took the worst of WoD and stripped Legion of the things it did right.

1 Like

Why are you replying to me?

Thought you were one of the ppl claiming BfA > WoD. My bad.

I was curious. I was trying to figure out if the thread was going to start a new topic all of a sudden lol.