I can't believe people are saying "WoD is better than BFA"

Sub and financial reports are proofs, opinions are not.

Why do you care? Dude provided you a link about it and you didnt care to read.

Uh…do you even read what you type?

The link provided specifically counters what you said lol.

I can’t believe people are defending BFA by falling back on WoD. I missed out on WoD thankfully so I can’t really say how terrible it truly was, but something being “worse” doesn’t take away from something else that is “bad”.

BFA is categorically a bad expansion. The worst I have ever played a part in having missed WoD. It may not be the worst for you, but it is for me, and it’s obvious how far the mighty have fallen. It’s not going to be easy to claw their way back, if they ever decide to even start trying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy crap, WoD feels like a decade ago.

Only 5 years?!

BFA is Categorically a “Meh” expansion. Not a bad one.

It’s basically legion lite, a little bit worse, but for the most part more of the same.

1 Like

BFA classes play worse than WoD ones.

That alone will ensure no matter how much content, it will be more disliked. Hence BFA having a much lower critic and user score at all aggregates.

Also I think less players, less than Legion most certainly.

3 Likes

No. Sorry.

When you go from unique class halls to a generic boat, that is bad, this is the least of the examples one could provide.

5 Likes

Yup. Legion was way better than both WoD and BFA and this is reflected ac cross multiple large aggregates, as well as all population data we have available.

WOD> bfa bfa is garbage I would take WOD over bfa any day

but it definitely would be no where near the first expansion I would choose to go back to if I could pick any

1 Like

That’s what I said.

It’s legion lite, worse, but it’s not bad.

Bad is WoD, where you litearlly have nothing to do, if you didn’t either PvP or raid.

BFA is very “Meh”

Probably a 5/10 or 5.5/10 sort of expansion.

There’s things to do no matter what you like doing, there are some improvements, and some things that have gotten categorically worse.

But WoD literally got dropped because of how bad it was, and cut a year short.

1 Like

Agreed it was miles better wasn’t even close

The GCD changes that BFA brought with it really upset a huge portion of the player base, that coupled with slow releases of content and mediocre dungeons people were not happy with BFA. I personally agree, BFA is a million times better than WoD simply because it does have content to do, whether or not you want to do that content is questionable, but there is actually stuff to do. WoD had nothing but garrisons were I personally liked, but that was it for content. Not nearly enough and Blizzard knew that.

The problem that BFA had as well was that it came off the heels of a very good expansion, that had amazing game play but also had tons of really engaging content. So naturally it’s going to look worse. On a personal note, I know a lot of people really like the world continents in BFA, I don’t really however. It’s very hard to get excited about swamp (Nazmir), and Zul’dazar was not really interesting either. The alliance zones were way better in my opinion, and Drustvar was good.

The game play has to be good in an expansion, it’s the one thing that has to be right because you play it all the time. And the removal of legendary, tier sets, the added GCD nonsense, just made the game feel less than and boring and slow to play.

No, it’s not. You said it wasn’t bad. I said it was. That is clearly not at all what you said.

No. WoD was a 5.9 based on the user reviews. BfA is a 3.0 based on user reviews. WoD was a 87 based on critics. BfA is a 79 based on critics.

By every measurable metric that we the players have available to us, BfA is a bad expansion, worse even than WoD.

BfA falls into the category of being a bad WoW expansion sorry, not sorry. If you want to compare it to WoD that’s fine, but it is also requisite that you compare it to WotLK, BC, Cata, and Vanilla. It is a bad expansion. It is not simply average.

Is it sad that I like both xpacs? Then again, as my hubs pointed out, After the 4th or 5th alt WoD became miserable. Personally I wouldnt want to grind all my gazillion alts through the same xpac at the same time; thats just way too much work.

Stop grinding and just enjoy the game. Do what you want to, when you want to. You dont have to rush anything.

Yes it is. And for me WoD was bad, BFA is the worst.

1 Like

BFA is better than WOD ever dreamed it could be.

You even said that you didn’t play it, you didn’t live through WoD.

You don’t actually know how bad WoD was, nor have you actually lived through a truely bad WoW Expansion.

BFA isn’t good, but it’s not bad.

WoD was a dumpster fire.

1 Like

I am living through a truly bad wow expansion right now. Your experience with WoD will not change my experience with BfA and all of the other expansions. The fact that you saw WoD does not make BfA good. The POSSIBILITY that BfA is better than WoD does not make BfA good.

Based on my experience with prior expansions, BfA is bad, based on every measurable statistic, BfA is as bad as WoD or worse.

The fact that you played during WoD and I didn’t will never change that. The possibility exists for both BfA and WoD to be bad.

2 Likes

And I’m just going to dismiss you as bias then.

Because BFA is not a bad expansion. It’s an unbridled “Meh” at best, and at worst.

And I’m going to continue to conclude, you simply do not understand what a bad WoW expansion is.

This is how I view the two expansions:

BfA has far more content.

WoD had better class design.

I’d rather play WoD for that reason alone.

1 Like