I can't believe people are saying "WoD is better than BFA"

I still don’t put any merit on those metacritic sites, they are too prone to review bombing, most of the bad worst ratings ever you will see in there is 1, maybe 2 pet peeve issues with the game, and people rate it a 1/10, they don’t do that because it’s actually a 1/10, they do that because their angry. (That’s assuming it’s not literally a one line review)

BFA isn’t a great expansion, It’d personally rate it a 6/10. It’s not the worst, it’s also not grand, but WOD would get a solid 4/10 for me, sub par, below average.

1 Like

I would rather play 6.2 and not 8.2

2 Likes

Review bombing isn’t new. If that was the case, Warlords should have been hit like a truck if only because of the flight fiasco.

Raiders and PvPers were fine in WoD because their character was fun in those two settings. That’s why I said they were the majority that enjoyed WoD.

Context is important and in the context of the discussion, you made the claim that it was mostly raiders and pvpers that felt like their classes played better. This falls into:

Less of a direct statement and more implying. Would love to see your rational around this thought process though. I won’t argue that if you PvPed or raided, your classes felt better but I’m curious as to why you believe that if you never did either of those things, you would think the opposite.

No, you don’t. You want to argue with me (personally) for some reason. This guy said almost the exact same thing I did and you didn’t say one word to him:

The only difference is I mentioned the people that came back for DHs.

1 Like

Nah, you just so happen to be the one engaging. I enjoy being challenged.

They’re not referencing how the classes played. They are just talking about the general content.

It isn’t new, but it’s become more prevalent in the recent years.

And I bet you a large majority of those 1/10 reviews for BFA are just people getting angry over their personal pet peeves, and randomly adding on “I can’t wait till classic is out” in some form or another, and then raiding the expansion a 1/10, which it’s not.

That is true. Unfortunately it’s one of the only measurements we have. Just have to take a lot of it with a massive grain of salt. Still, that flight thing alone should have destroyed Warlords imo.

I didn’t start out with that either. You brought that up first.

Only difference is the layout and line about DHs. You have some personal vendetta and I’m not interested.

wat?

My comment was like… in the first 10 outta 200

That’s my point.

I don’t mean you have a personal vendetta, I mean the person that skipped right over your post and started aggravating me.

it was better for pvp. that might have been the best gearing system we have ever had

classes were more fun then too

Maybe its because I’m working on my morning coffee still but I have no idea what you’re talking about.

EDIT: ah read your edit, my bad thought you were talking to me. guess it is the coffee

Can’t stress this enough.

BFA is miles ahead of WOD. And in several years, these forums will eventually start to praise BFA. I’ll give it 5 years.

1 Like

I used it in reference to your original post:

It was a response in regards to people in the thread specifically mentioning that their view on Warlords was almost directly linked to how their classes played. You can use that with BFA in general as well considering that one of the major complaints is…how the classes play. I specifically used the evidence in the thread to counter your claim that those were the reasons for their views on Warlords.

Because someone has a different opinion they have a personal vendetta now? Man these forums are really going downhill lol.

It wasn’t directed at you.

1 Like

If it gets any worse, you might be right lol.

That’s kind of unfair to dismiss the actual reasons people are giving. The people that liked WoD more value different things. To chalk it all up to nostalgia and ignore actual reasons is pretty intellectually dishonest.

3 Likes

It always gets worse according to the forums.

I’m 100% counting on it.

Sure, but it’s a an objective fact BFA has more content than WOD.

WOD absolutely had better PvP gearing and design though.